Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

bookwyrm Volcarona isn't good in Ubers, but for use elsewhere I'd try to breed a flawless one. There's really no reason not to have perfect IVs on a breedable mon.
The Volcarona isn't actually meant for Ubers play, but I've been unable to find a thread like this in the forums for other tiers; if one exists for OU I'd appreciate it if someone could direct me there. And ordinarily I'd breed for perfect IVs, but Giga Drain is a 5th-gen-only move for Volcarona I've found breeding to be a lot harder in 5th-gen games since I can't use the Destiny Knot. Are those IVs passable given the limitations of 5th-gen breeding?

BurningSnake TBH I don't think Lonely is useful for Xerneas at all. There are mixed sets that run -Def/SpD natures, but they inevitably want a +SpA/Spe boost over Atk.
Yeah I know that. But since Xerneas is a Legendary, it's not breedable and you can only obtain one in the game. The question I was trying to ask was since I'm stuck with it, I'd still like to make the best of it anyway: What Moveset could be used and what EVs should I try to boost?
I know it won't be nearly as good as some other natures, but I still wanna use what I got...... unless you got an Xerneas with a better nature you can trade to me and cough up in exchange for my Loner :pimp:

Yeah I know that. But since Xerneas is a Legendary, it's not breedable and you can only obtain one in the game. The question I was trying to ask was since I'm stuck with it, I'd still like to make the best of it anyway: What Moveset could be used and what EVs should I try to boost?
I know it won't be nearly as good as some other natures, but I still wanna use what I got...... unless you got an Xerneas with a better nature you can trade to me and cough up in exchange for my Loner :pimp:
What are the IVs of that Lonely Xerneas? if it has really good IVs, it might prove useful as a mixed attacker with Life Orb.

I have a 31/31/31/x/x/31 kangaskhan adamant nature . keep it or......continue breeding?
Keep breeding, if you can go flawless do it. BTW, I don't know why people keep posting breeds that they can get an infinite amount of, this thread is for legendaries that you can really only get 1 of.

That's pretty damn good - though the Spe is a little unfortunate, it's less important b/c of M2's uncluttered (unique?) speed tier (and you still beat Shaymin-S). Keep in mind that you can catch flawless M2 in older versions with access to better tutor moves. I guess I'd keep it, since it's better to catch it in Gen IV if you're really trying to get a flawless one anyway.

What are the IVs of that Lonely Xerneas? if it has really good IVs, it might prove useful as a mixed attacker with Life Orb.
I don't really know sadly, all I know is that they're somewhere between 91-120 from the Stat Judge, I tried an IV calculator and I found it really confusing to use since I don't know my EVs, and I'm not really willing to try again.

Sorry :(

I don't really know sadly, all I know is that they're somewhere between 91-120 from the Stat Judge, I tried an IV calculator and I found it really confusing to use since I don't know my EVs, and I'm not really willing to try again.

Sorry :(
Use a reset bag to wipe the EVs and then recalculate them. It ain't that hard.

Use a reset bag to wipe the EVs and then recalculate them. It ain't that hard.
Using a reset bag isn't hard, I agree. Getting a reset bag however, is, I don't have any with me right now. Most of the time you'll end up getting a bag that just boosts a particular stat, the other non-stat bags are rather rare and you'll have to be lucky to earn them.

Also, even though using one isn't hard, The reset bag still takes 100 hits to work and I find it really infuriating and time consuming, almost as much as a Soothing Bag. I will try this as soon as I get another one, but not now at the moment.

You could still tell me this "Mixed Attacker" set I could use for my Xerneas anyway in case I do find out my IVs so I don't have to come back and ask again.

Special atttack is pretty bad. I'd reset though the rest of the IVs are hot
Okay I figured as much. Hard to reset after getting five perfect or near perfect IVs. What would you say is the one stat that it is okay to be average in? This would obviously be for a Mewtwo Y

Okay so just caught another. This one is 24,25/3,4/30,31/31/30,31/30,31. How do you feel about the HP?

Last edited:
So I've been resetting for Yveltal and got this:
Bashful
30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 26, 27 / 28, 29 / 30, 31
(Actual stats were 201 / 151 / 115 / 149 / 117 / 119)

Should I hang onto this? I'm pretty sure the IVs are somewhat okay, but that neutral nature...
Come to think of it though I haven't seen a consensus on what nature is good for the Worst Phoenix Ever.

Yveltal:

Caught @ level 50 after resetting for hours on my Y verson. Traded over to my X to confirm it's 31 IV's, hoping that all 4 of the 30-31 stats were perfect IV's but unfortunately not. Nature is Hasty.

HP: 31
Attack: 31
Defense: 29
Sp. Att: 31
Sp. Def: 20
Speed: 30

I've been combing through the Yveltal thread in this Uber forum. Looking like I should go with a mixed attacker? Possibly use Assault Vest? Really stuck on which moveset I should go with. Thoughts?
Bump to my own question. Really stuck on what moveset to give this guy.

Thoughts?

Is Hasty or Naive better for Yveltal? Being boned by priority sucks, but there's some merit to tanking special attacks from the likes of Mewtwo and co.
I've also seen people advocating Modest or Mild, so there's that to consider too. I think the logic I saw for Hasty is that most of the types that are SE on Yveltal tend towards special attacks.

My third attempt at resetting for a good Xerneas has yielded this: Modest + 31/6/31/31/8-9/31, I would be crazy not to keep this right? Assuming a Geomancy set the low IV in attack would be irrelevant and the low IV in special defense would be remedied by the Geomancy boost?

Should I keep this?

Xerneas - #716 (Modest)
HP: 18 - 19
Att: 16 - 17
Def: 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

I already kept a Mewtwo: Timid, 31/6/31/31/16/31

Should I keep this?

Xerneas - #716 (Modest)
HP: 18 - 19
Att: 16 - 17
Def: 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

I already kept a Mewtwo: Timid, 31/6/31/31/16/31
Check its HP type. If the HP is odd, the Attack is Even, SpA is Even, SpD is Odd, and Speed is even, you got an HP Fire Xerneas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)