SM OU The Dancing Beast (Standard Offense) [1913 elo]

Hello Everybody!!!

Sup everyone, the worst player in the universe right here with another bad team :^).
Just kidding hahaha but seriously, i made this team which yeah i know, its pretty standard, but i actually did well on the ladder and just wanted to share it for those who want a team for laddering or have some fun, so here is the team.

Proof of the Peak
Hey Erick, nice GXE :^)
1523330105234.png

The Team

tyranitar-mega.gif
tapulele.gif
keldeo-resolute.gif
ferrothorn.gif
zapdos.gif
landorus-therian.gif

YES! it gets 6-0'd by Volcarona xD, i will get into that in a second.
Fisrt the team its pretty standard as you can see, Set up mon, Scarfer, Defogger, Z-mover, etc.
But does pretty decent and at first i wanted a team featuring Mega Tyranitar, wich is one of my favorites megas, but i was never able to make an actual good team with him, so i put other 5 broken mons alongside him xD.
The team actually kept me on the 1750-1850 consistently, and got to 1900's on a lucky strike lol (jk we are nothing but skill out here)

Teambuilding Process

Nobody wants to see that Erick, just give me the fu***** team!!

Team Breakdown

tyranitar-mega.gif

Tyranitar

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

The monster of the team, The Dancing Beast, okok so everybody knows mega Ttar, Dragon Dance, Stab move, Fire/Ice coverage for pokemon like Ferrothorn, Scizor, Magearna, Landorus, Zygarde, etc.
I run Stone Edge over anything else because it hits obsenely hard if you are running admant nature, wich you shouldnt tbh :^), but seriously, i actually used Adamant nature to get 1900's and most of the time i used the team, you can use jolly to outspeed mons like Tapu koko, regular Greninja, at plus 2 outspeeds comon Scarfers like Landorus, Tapu Lele, Base 100 speed Mons and the most important one, Kartana, but i have Zapdos on the team, thats why i run adamant lol.
You can use other moves like Earthquake over Stone Edge or Fire Punch, it kills non shuca berry Magearna at +1, one shots Lucifer (Toxapex) at +1 if im not wrong lol (at least with adamant), if you are using jolly you dont have to worry on hitting Stone Edge againts koko, kills Heatran a lot easier, etc.
Other option is Crunch but i didnt really used it, its up to you.
Another reason of why i run adamant its because this thing is sooooo bulky, it can take Earthquakes from Lando T, non Specs Moonblast form Lele, one time it ate a Fleur Cannon form AV Magearna (on the Sand of course), you are just killing it with a Z move or an Strong stab move, so you can set up more than 1 DD sometimes.

tapulele.gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Lead of with this, click Psychic, get a kill.
This mon needs no introduction, you already know, hits ridiculously strong, even heatran or ferro can't came on it because they are getting 3HKO with a non effective move XD.
I use Psyshock for Magearna because hits a lot harder, Moonblast you know, its Stab move, and finally i use Focus Blast for predicting the Heatrans anddd just that xD, but if you want you can run HP Fire or another move if you want to (one time a saw a Scarf one with Magic Room and it start clicking moves for free, it was soooooo cool, shotuots to that guy, if you read this maybe you know who you are lol).
By the way, you can run modest on this if you want, jolly only outspeeds things like offensive Lando wich is not as used on this days, only defensive or scarf, and you can speed tie with Kyurem Black but mñeeee its fun to see how everything dies to terrain boosted Psychic xD.

keldeo-resolute.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Yep, the same Keldeo set of the last time, but know with Taunt xD.
I just really like this set hahaha, you can bluff choiced lock so easy, but overall its pretty good, Hydro Vortex is an actual nuke, specially after a Calm Mind boost.
The coverage with Secret Sword is really good in my opinion, forces your opponent to switch and try to see what set you are.
Here's something with keldeo. You can use choice scarf and Stone Edge for Volcarona, wich is a super huge thread to the team, but i only used the Z move set tbh.

ferrothorn.gif

The wall, Ferrothorn, annoying as hell, like always haha, his job on the team is to take on Lele, Koko and Gren... and of course other mons, get up Hazards and that kind of stuff, but i put it in because of lele and gren, and because it actually pairs really well with Zapdos.
Y use Power Whip, but you can use Gyro Ball if you want, Leech Seed i think is obligatory on this Mon, and i run Double Hazard, but you can use things like Protect or even Knock Off is pretty good, i recommend to keep at least Stealth Rock.

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Obligatory pokemon right here in my opinion, really good right now on the meta, specially with the excess of Hawluchas and Kartanas everywhere.
I use Max Defense no Speed, so you can actually tank hits.
Discharge and Heat Wave for the stab and coverage, Parahax everything and hit the Scizors or Ferros, but you can actually run HP Ice, because nobody is sending their Scizor or Ferrothorn on Zapdos, but hell yeah they are going to be happy on sendign their Zygarde, and if its set up, the team is kinda weak to it, so you can give them a nice surprise with HP Ice :).
Also is the Deffoger of the team in case you need it, and is one of the options to beat Volcarona if you are not running Scarf Keldeo lol. (yeah, with Parahax xD)
And i think Roost is necessary, if you are not using Defog you can just run 3 attacks.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And last but not least, Mr. OU, because there is no team without Lando T, the best mon ever created.
Yep, scarf again, i really like this set, looks like i just recycled my last team but i swear i didnt :'^(.
Super good lead, can U-turn on almost everything without problem, gets the intimidate, you can weaken opposing Lando lead if you want to, idk this mon is so useful lol.
Earthquake for stab of course, we have the U-turn for the nice momentum, i use Stone Edge, dont really know why but, its there, you can use Rock Slide for not missing against Random Zard Y lol or Pinsir, or use Explosion, actually gets you out from some troubles or bad situations.
And Hp Ice for opppsing Lando or Zygarde, even Chomp or something.
Best mon ever.

Importable

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Threats

Volcarona
Heeeey, click X ma fren. You have basically 2 options.
Pray that is not Savage Spin Out so Ttar can live, or Parahax with Zapdos when they try to set up on it xD.
Or of course, you can use Scarf Keldeo and this mon its not a problem anymore.

Stall
The team can beat stall, but if it is something like Quagsire-Jirachi-Amoongus, thats gg, it has potential to beat some kind of stall teams but usually i dont have the patience to play 200 turn games because im bad :'^).

If you change the team, and you decide to use Z move Calm Mind Lele or Taunt, the Stall match up is a little bit easier, cause Lele can actually break through.

Shotouts

My man BanDisnDatnMe who always supports me with the Rmt and is an actual good player lol.
The Dude on the ladder that was using Magic Room Lele, I havent been the same since the moment i saw that tech, you beast xD.
My friend Eduardo for NOT making my damn wallpaper, maybe in the future i will put it hehe.
And the girl i like who is never going to give me a chance lel.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, nice team and congrats on the peak. As you mentioned this team kind of loses to Volcarona and certain variants of stall.

Hopefully the following changes help improve your matchup against them.

647-r.pngwateriumz.png--> choicescarf.png or 658.pngchoicescarf.png
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Stone Edge

or

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick/Gunk Shot

As you mentioned an obvious way to improve the Volcarona matchup is by making Keldeo scarfed. Although scarf Keldeo is pretty mediocre because of Toxapex being everywhere.

So another alternative is scarf Greninja which has U-turn so it isn't a momentum loss. It also has more options for coverage.

645-s.pngchoicescarf.png--> flyiniumz.png
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Fly

Since you now have scarf Keldeo or Greninja you can change Landorus to a Z-move set that helps vs. the specific stalls you mentioned.

Not much else to say. Adamant nature improves breaking power so I prefer it over Jolly.

Hopefully this was helpful, good luck with the team :]

Import
~~248-m.png786.png658.png598.png145.png645-s.png~~

Import
~~248-m.png786.png647-r.png598.png145.png645-s.png~~​

Hi, nice team and congrats on the peak. As you mentioned this team kind of loses to Volcarona and certain variants of stall.

Hopefully the following changes help improve your matchup against them.

View attachment 110319View attachment 110320--> View attachment 110321 or View attachment 110322View attachment 110321
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Stone Edge

or

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick/Gunk Shot

As you mentioned an obvious way to improve the Volcarona matchup is by making Keldeo scarfed. Although scarf Keldeo is pretty mediocre because of Toxapex being everywhere.

So another alternative is scarf Greninja which has U-turn so it isn't a momentum loss. It also has more options for coverage.

View attachment 110323View attachment 110321--> View attachment 110324
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Fly

Since you now have scarf Keldeo or Greninja you can change Landorus to a Z-move set that helps vs. the specific stalls you mentioned.

Not much else to say. Adamant nature improves breaking power so I prefer it over Jolly.

Hey man, glad you liked the team and thanks for commenting.
i will definetly give a try to the scarf gren and the z move lando on the team, i'll see how it goes.

Reactions: DKM
Hi, here's my rate.

Ferro can run a moveset of twave/sr/whip/leechseed to deal with volcarona, though volcarona hasn't been the most common of late so maybe this isn't that big of a deal.
Lele can used a twisted spoon with cm/psyshock/moonblast/hpfire to with do better against stall although most stall teams now have jirachi, but u alr have stallbreaker keldeo so I don't think it's that big of a deal either.
Landot should perhaps run some bulk, ur weak to dd variants of zygarde to a certain extent coz it setups on zapdos. There's a lot of different spreads but this is the 1 recommended to me by ktutverde a while back and I think this is quite good. It outspeeds mega zam and helps with dd zygarde well enough.

252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Landorus-Therian: 133-157 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Landorus-Therian: 280-331 (77.7 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EVs: 164 HP / 56 Atk / 92 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- [filler1]
- [filler2]

Hey Dark Elegy! Very solid team you have there with only a few weaknesses to the team. The Pokémon you are weak to, I am going to cover in this rate.

Overview:
The team, at its first glance, has everything. A scarfer, a setter, a reliable remover, and so on. Whilst looking at it a bit more, I did realize that a
resist or
Tapu Bulu was missing. Why would you need one? Because Zygarde is actually that big of a concern. Paired with the fact that you have no real win condition against stall, the Zygarde match-up overall becomes pretty bad, but I am going to elaborate on that later. There isn't much else wrong with the team, though, so props for that!
What is your team weak to?
: Zygarde
is actually an issue for the team, since the afroementioned
resist is missing. Keeping that in mind almost every Zygarde set wins: from Substitute Dragon Dance to Choice Band, anything can win. To elaborate on the association of stall and Zygarde: Zygarde is not that rarely seen on stall anymore, to be frank. Its typing, bulk, and movepool make it a really good fit on those teams.
: Mega-Heracross
is also quite the pain for you to deal with, since it can come in on 4 Pokémon of the team. Its movepool is also enough to basically beat everything on your team. Substitute and Swords Dance beat the team all the same.
: Charizard-Y is also quite concerning to deal with, since Focus Blast kills Mega-Tyranitar with a roll, and Flamethrower deals good damage to other members of your team. There is close to no counterplay with the team as it stands right now.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
: I think I have already gone through the points of why Zygarde is a threat. One of the most reliable ways of dealing with it is actually to go with either Tangrowth
or Tapu Bulu. I have chosen Tapu Bulu as my Pokémon, since it is the more sustainable Pokémon of the two, providing more offensive presence and support to the team.
>
:
I went with this change for a number of reasons: Firstly, the Flash Cannon Reuniclus set acts as a pretty potent stall breaker, if played and preserved well enough. Secondly, it gives you a Medicham check, since it does NOT get 2HKO'd by its High Jump Kick. Thirdly, Mega-Tyranitar's offensive synergy with Reuniclus is insane. Although slow, it traps a lot of Reuniclus' threats and/or chips them significantly. It is a Reuniclus set I personally swear by and use all the time.
>
: This change is supposed to cover the Charizard-Y as well as the Volcarona weakness your team has. The change also connects very well with the previously suggested
Tapu Bulu because of the grassy terrain it provides.
Minor Changes:
[OPTIONAL] Pursuit Stealth Rocks > Dragon Dance (
) :
This is the only set I did not really understand at all, to be honest. Dragon Dance barely does anything in the tier, in my opinion. The main reasons for the change were to compliment Reuniclus and to provide rocks support, however.
Tyranitar-Mega is a beast that barely falls to anything, I can only talk from my own experience, though. ^^ This is optional, though, for the most part at least. I would advise that you stick to having Stealth Rocks just to support your team a bit better.
Spread Changes: A couple of spreads could be optimized. The Zapdos spread for example: You need the 40 speed on it to hit 241 and to outspeed Magnezones and Scizors and chip the, with Heat Wave. Mega-Tyranitar's spread got changed to a bulkier one as well.
Conclusion:
The team seems a lot more decent now, with the stall breaking potential being there. The style of the team has been changed, and for that I am incredibly sorry, but it should have made the team less weak to a lot of the Pokémon you and I have mentioned. With that being said, I hope you do not take this too hardly and I sincerely hope I helped somehow.
** Sorry for the color screw-ups, by the way. They just won't change lol​

References:

Last edited:
Well ur probably going to hate me for this but I'm just quoting this from another thread I read about before I started posting here.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/how-to-rate-required-reading.59702/

I think ur kinda butchering his team lol
I disagree with that. I think I did not "rebuild" the team at all. You always have to weigh out how can I cover the threats vs how many Pokémon do I have to change here. I replaced 3 Pokémon and made 1-2 minor tweaks to the team. And I just came to the conclusion that it WAS worth making this rate. I have read the whole thing, and ultimately, I interpreted it as the point I just mentioned. Hey, if you think I butchered it, it's fine, I don't blame you. But hey, just know that for me, it was worth making it.

Can't be sure exactly what the teams actual strategy was, but it seemed to me of attempting to pull of ttar sweeps supported by 2 wallbreakers, 1 being the broken 1 that is lele and the other that is stallbreaker keldeo., u definitely changed what the team was sposed to do. As for what the team was weak to, zard y and heracross are bl mons that ud probably get 1 or 2 times if unlucky out of 10 games on ladder maybe. Btw I think zard y can be both pivoted around esp when z hydro pump from keldeo will ohko zardy through sun I think and its quite possible to bluff scarf keldeo on a team like this and also landot on a focus blast on ttar. With heracross its a bit more tricky, but pin missile/rock blast pivots into keldeo combined with sr should do the trick coz z hydro pump will put a huge hole into it.

If it was worth it for u, good. U definitely put in effort into that rate and that always counts.
You left out the Zygarde weakness, that being a commonly used Pokémon on a number of teams. The team only changed so drastically because one change lead to another, by the way. And my job was to cover most of the threats defensively, which, might or might not, have been a good idea, I don't know, that is for the RMT'er, Dark Elegy, to decide. Oh, and some BL Pokémon might come to life in the very future. I can see Hera making a comeback

Hi, here's my rate.

Ferro can run a moveset of twave/sr/whip/leechseed to deal with volcarona, though volcarona hasn't been the most common of late so maybe this isn't that big of a deal.
Lele can used a twisted spoon with cm/psyshock/moonblast/hpfire to with do better against stall although most stall teams now have jirachi, but u alr have stallbreaker keldeo so I don't think it's that big of a deal either.
Landot should perhaps run some bulk, ur weak to dd variants of zygarde to a certain extent coz it setups on zapdos. There's a lot of different spreads but this is the 1 recommended to me by ktutverde a while back and I think this is quite good. It outspeeds mega zam and helps with dd zygarde well enough.

252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Landorus-Therian: 133-157 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Landorus-Therian: 280-331 (77.7 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EVs: 164 HP / 56 Atk / 92 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- [filler1]
- [filler2]
Hey man, thanks for commenting.
The t-wave ferro idea its actually pretty cool, it will be good to ad some magical yellow color to the set xD and actually stops volc when they're setting up, but i agree that is not as common as it used to be back in the day.
And about Lando, i wanted to try a bulkier set already, but i didn't knew the actual spread, so thank you for that to man appreciate it a lot.
Lele i just put specs because i wanted to try the power of it haha, but it did well so i kept it, but actually i like twistedspoon a bit more, i just forgot to point that on the rmt hehe.

Hey Dark Elegy! Very solid team you have there with only a few weaknesses to the team. The Pokémon you are weak to, I am going to cover in this rate.

Overview:
The team, at its first glance, has everything. A scarfer, a setter, a reliable remover, and so on. Whilst looking at it a bit more, I did realize that a
resist or
Tapu Bulu was missing. Why would you need one? Because Zygarde is actually that big of a concern. Paired with the fact that you have no real win condition against stall, the Zygarde match-up overall becomes pretty bad, but I am going to elaborate on that later. There isn't much else wrong with the team, though, so props for that!
What is your team weak to?
: Zygarde
is actually an issue for the team, since the afroementioned
resist is missing. Keeping that in mind almost every Zygarde set wins: from Substitute Dragon Dance to Choice Band, anything can win. To elaborate on the association of stall and Zygarde: Zygarde is not that rarely seen on stall anymore, to be frank. Its typing, bulk, and movepool make it a really good fit on those teams.
: Mega-Heracross
is also quite the pain for you to deal with, since it can come in on 4 Pokémon of the team. Its movepool is also enough to basically beat everything on your team. Substitute and Swords Dance beat the team all the same.
: Charizard-Y is also quite concerning to deal with, since Focus Blast kills Mega-Tyranitar with a roll, and Flamethrower deals good damage to other members of your team. There is close to no counterplay with the team as it stands right now.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
: I think I have already gone through the points of why Zygarde is a threat. One of the most reliable ways of dealing with it is actually to go with either Tangrowth
or Tapu Bulu. I have chosen Tapu Bulu as my Pokémon, since it is the more sustainable Pokémon of the two, providing more offensive presence and support to the team.
>
:
I went with this change for a number of reasons: Firstly, the Flash Cannon Reuniclus set acts as a pretty potent stall breaker, if played and preserved well enough. Secondly, it gives you a Medicham check, since it does NOT get 2HKO'd by its High Jump Kick. Thirdly, Mega-Tyranitar's offensive synergy with Reuniclus is insane. Although slow, it traps a lot of Reuniclus' threats and/or chips them significantly. It is a Reuniclus set I personally swear by and use all the time.
>
: This change is supposed to cover the Charizard-Y as well as the Volcarona weakness your team has. The change also connects very well with the previously suggested
Tapu Bulu because of the grassy terrain it provides.
Minor Changes:
[OPTIONAL] Pursuit Stealth Rocks > Dragon Dance (
) :
This is the only set I did not really understand at all, to be honest. Dragon Dance barely does anything in the tier, in my opinion. The main reasons for the change were to compliment Reuniclus and to provide rocks support, however.
Tyranitar-Mega is a beast that barely falls to anything, I can only talk from my own experience, though. ^^ This is optional, though, for the most part at least. I would advise that you stick to having Stealth Rocks just to support your team a bit better.
Spread Changes: A couple of spreads could be optimized. The Zapdos spread for example: You need the 40 speed on it to hit 241 and to outspeed Magnezones and Scizors and chip the, with Heat Wave. Mega-Tyranitar's spread got changed to a bulkier one as well.
Conclusion:
The team seems a lot more decent now, with the stall breaking potential being there. The style of the team has been changed, and for that I am incredibly sorry, but it should have made the team less weak to a lot of the Pokémon you and I have mentioned. With that being said, I hope you do not take this too hardly and I sincerely hope I helped somehow.
** Sorry for the color screw-ups, by the way. They just won't change lol​

References:
Hey man, thanks a lot for the comment.
i agree about zygard, its tough to fight it sometimes and i had already thought about Bulu yeah, i just wanted the stealth rock that Ferro provides, thats why i put it in, but now with the SR Tyranitar set that changes a bit.
The Tyranitar set is interesting, i havent used it yet. But that because i think DD definetly does something, it always gets at least 1 Kill because its so strong, plus i like Dragon Dance sweepers in general, but i get your point with DD Ttar, its pretty 1 dimensional (Not like Zygarde for example that can run various Z move sets, Sub, Coil, etc).
About Reuni its a pretty cool mon, def want to try it on the team, in the past i made another team with it and actually did pretty decent on the highish ladder, i'll see how it goes.
Ty man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)