The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not though. He's 65.1%, 7.8 YPA and 12:6 ratio, which is decent. He's not top 5 obviously, but he's not "really bad" as you stated.
If you asked me today who the worst 5 defenses in the league were, i'd say the Chiefs, Bengals, Falcons, Bucs and 49ers.

The Steelers have played 4 of those teams.

When the steelers played 2 games against actual good defenses (Browns and Ravens) Ben was flat out terrible, despite having an elite oline and arguably the best receiving duo in the NFL.

He also makes about 2 completely horrible turnover worthy throws a game that largely get ignored because of the box score (which is inflated by playing these terrible defenses)

Lets see him string together some passable performances against good defenses

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you asked me today who the worst 5 defenses in the league were, i'd say the Chiefs, Bengals, Falcons, Bucs and 49ers.

The Steelers have played 4 of those teams.

When the steelers played 2 games against actual good defenses (Browns and Ravens) Ben was flat out terrible, despite having an elite oline and arguably the best receiving duo in the NFL.

He also makes about 2 completely horrible turnover worthy throws a game that largely get ignored because of the box score (which is inflated by playing these terrible defenses)

Lets see him string together some passable performances against good defenses
Regardless of the defenses, you're saying he's been "really bad" which is objectively a huge overstatement. I'm not saying he's been elite, but if he had been playing "really bad" as you said he wouldn't have even achieved the stats he currently has against bad defenses.

reminder: josh gordon was available for a 5th while the cowdumbs go for a injured and questionable mindset for a first

jon gruden is just trading away his entire team for first rounders, which i can respect

Every broadcast "protecting" Eli manning by blaming someone else for his problems is an instant mute for me.

This dude has been terrible for 7 straight years despite the team doing literally everything to surround him with talent.

Cowgirls massively overpaid for Cooper. And I'm gonna cum if Patrick Peterson becomes a Saint
They got no first or 3rd next yr so it'd be tough.

eli wtf were those two goal line plays hmm
if you wanna run it you have a good RB called saquon behind ya you fucking muppet

Eli defeated Brady twice in the Super Bowl.. therefore he's allowed to do the Brady sneak.

back.. to back.. to wind down the clock. Veteran move.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
the chiefs have a top 5 offense in history

broncos are sneakily p good and might make the wildcard game. no more though

raiders decided to tank despite paying a bowlcutted oaf one hundred million dollars. billionaires should be illegal

chargers are good and lowkey can go shot for shot with the chiefs. shame they're 1.5 back and'll hit the wild card game

patriots doing it again somehow. realizing that spreading and isolating >>>

my beloved nyj. we're going to lose a bunch more but! im encouraged by darnold. he's throwing a lot of picks which is good. too many quarterbacks going 31/36 for 189 yards 1 td and the team scores 13 points. sammy trying to force the issue which he'll get better at. receivers will improve too. too much running though

dolphins going to be cursed by their start to the season. mirage that prevents them from actively targeting a high draft spot

bills really did their whole team in via racism. they're maybe the most racist team, and maybe the worst. their struggles are going to pleasing to watch

pittsburg really out here. if they come back and let leveon play wr theyll be good - there was a period when their offense went drive for drive with KC. big ben deteriorating about a rapid pace though, only a little longer he'll be able to sling it out there

ravens should start jackson, they need the variance for any title equity

bengals are solidly above average. not high-varience enough to beat the elite teams. milwaukee bucks chasing the 8 seed in the aughts. no giannis coming to save em though

browns intriguing. defense legitimately good, and the offense might actually be worth something next year. unsure about baker getting it down field in isolation - if he can do that there's super bowl potential for the length of his contract

texans are an example of why neglecting an offensive line kills the team. watson's ribcage is a box of broken pencils. if he has time to throw this team would be for real for real but theyre not so it's eight and eight

if the jags signed kapernick theyd be a title contender

titans should commit to going on every fourth down. who gives a shit

excited to watch the 30 for 30 on andrew luck, a generational talent that could have been, when he's using his giantvoice in congress. hopefully on the right side

washington slurs. glad they exist as a counterpoint to the hero eagles

eagles are good as shit and will win the division. weird rolls in the early part of the season but the division is fake. theyll be back, strats + roster talent both top quintile

cowboys trading for amari cooper. good decoy for when they run 45 times a game with zeke "elite" eliot (running backs dont mean anything) and heave one once per quarter.

giants should put lauletta in. if he's good they have him under cost control for years and if he's bad u tank for herbert. rn you're throwing a season away without any knowledge gained

rams insane. the madden offense both in effectiveness and ideology.

seattle is ?. wilson still keeping the team afloat but there's not enough around him. eightneight defined

im a rosen fan and the cardinals are doing him dirty. a comically rough year

49ers signed tom savage

vikings a little weird. kirk cousins is a freak but they throw the ball enough to win. theyll be fine, could win a sb, prolly will be upset in the wc game

name a packer other than aaron rodgers?

lions looking fine but they got waxed by the jets. mathew stafford yards are cotton candy

bears had the perfect formula but drafted an oaf at qb. shame mahomes wasnt the - oh wait

saints have known the game for years and they're well suited to do it again. the whole organization seems to be a marketing program for an mlm scheme, so supporting them is ethically questionable

panthers run far too often. if they correct the run-pass balance and go 11 hurryup on every possession they could win a super bowl. they wont so playoffs are questionable

falcons lol. broken by tom brady. shattered. hillary clinton football team - should have it all but is visibly not right

bucs official team of golden corral. i dont know if this is a fact or not, but it seems true. jameis winston has a habit of turning the ball over in comical ways. three stooges ass football player

these takes are all true

The Eagles should go all-in for next year. Get Peterson and Blount. We don't need much other than healthy corners, a kicker who can hit short FGs, and a power running back (Oh, and trade Elliot while your at it). DO IT, HOWIE (did I mention trade Elliot?)!

You meant west and north right?
Ravens/steelers/Bengals are all much better teams than anything in the south. Houston would be best if they had an o line and the jags ain't winning shit as long as Bortles is QB. Only unknown is the team in Nashville but I refuse to talk about them until they do something, anything consistent

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The wilcards in the AFC are coming from the west and the south. But by west it's gonna be Chiefs or Chargers.
I think you meant west and north. But in the west it'll be chefs or chargers like Bob said. North it'll probably be Steelers since the ravens will win the division. There's no way the second place south team ends up with a better record than either of those.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got an eye on the Colts, think they're better than people give them credit for right now and have an easy schedule. Not inconceivable anyway...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think you meant west and north. But in the west it'll be chefs or chargers like Bob said. North it'll probably be Steelers since the ravens will win the division. There's no way the second place south team ends up with a better record than either of those.
Yes correct, I meant the north rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)