The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ughhhhhh
I hate Jacksonville so much.
I would have lol'd so hard if they blew an 18 point lead.
If Pittsburgh would have gotten those 2ptconversions in stead of sucking it would have been over.

That was an awesome ending to a great game IMO. The Steelers really pulled it together in the second half and made a really nice comeback after a pretty terrible first half. Anyway, I think that the Bucs will win tomorrow (although the Giants could certainly win; it should be a fun game to watch) and the other game should also be very close, but I think that the Chargers will win.
On the subject of my team's (Minnesota) season: it went far better than I expected but it was still a bit dissapointing to see them throw it all away in that game against the Redskins. Now all they have is a mid round draft pick and they didn't even get a chance in the playoffs :/ Also, the Patriots have the seventh pick. Nice penalty for cheating! (Yes, I know that they still lost their other pick. Still, it's kind of ridiculous how a team that has a good chance of winning the super bowl gets the seventh fucking pick and will probably just pick the player that the next team wants just to spite them because they already have some of the best players in the NFL at each position and don't need any help from the draft anyway)

fuck man fucking bullshit
yes, the refs were full of shit, favoring the Steelers, in a game that was ruined by poor officiating that hurt the Jags so much

Fred Taylor versus Marion Barber III for the Super Bowl <3 This is my dream!

tad, there is no way that the Patriots would do that, as they have been a brutally efficient team, and a seventh pick is far too valuable to waste lol

Two great games so far. Now im hoping that jaxonville will get a shot at the Pats just to shut everyone up about the Jags. Another thing is to imagine what would happen if the Pats beat the Jags now, and the Packers in the superbowl. The would have then defeated every team in the playoffs except some of the lower seed trash (titans, bucs, seattle-which would be the best of them). Not that i want to see that happening of course, i would love to see Green Bay to roll them. However i think thats a little out of reach. If it's Dallas\NE i don't know who i'd root for. Im an NFC fan but idk.

mr. captkirby i seem to recall a questionable hold on a 2 pt conversion and a reversed catch in the first half on santonio holmes

(btw welcome to battle-frontier.com if you are the same guy)

anyways ben fucked it up, gave the jags 7 and lost us at least 3. ballgame.

ugggggh balls balls BALLS

fuck fuck man we totally outplayed them shit taylor had what, 50-60 yards on the ground? jags never got it going on offense. FUCK

edit: fuck man typing on the wii is BALLS okay lemme finish here

yeah garrard never got any rhythm, not all that successful on the ground game, our defense played a great game.

FUCK ben fuck balls shit man why SHIT

ben had a good game

except for those FUCKING interceptions FUCK man ballgame UGH

excuse the random interjections we should have won this game BALLS

GOD

kick return too, although yes, that's part of the game, that too fucked us in the ass

finally

my biggest pissoff the entire game

fucking PLAYCALLING in the last 3-4 minutes pisses me to no fucking end when FUCK the guys just run the clock and don't do SHIT fuck try to get a first down fuckshits GOD there were 3 minutes left that's PLENTY of TIME for the jags to get some shit done TRY TO DO SOMETHING you are only up by a point fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ugh but at least the jaguars deserved to go to the next round as well ^ _________________________ ^_

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah, "momentum" from the "pass interference" *coughfacemaskcough* and TD. Refs made the game closer than it should've been.

And what was up on that kickoff in the Seattle game? X)

The wind was pretty rough in that game thats why he muffed that kickoff and i still cant believe the R-skins couldn't take that short field for AT LEAST 3 points. They missed a 30 yarder. *shacks head*

I wish the steelers won the other one, ben really fudge'd them up in that game , if he MANGED that they definitly would have won. It also showed the jags weakness *hello EXPLOIT to pats*

GO TITANS!
cus i dont want my pats to face those jags x_X the jags just seem more of a threat then the titans, lol

I hope BIG TIME the titans pull the upset it should be a good game as they have both had rough play lately. The Jags are going to be rough no matter who they play next round, AS WINNERS win the close one *coughpatscough*

And it was kind of disappointing the redskins lost as i wish they won at least 1 playoff game for #21. BUT HOLY COWS! the seahawks D was just no breath most of the game. SACK HERE FUMBLE THERE ANOTHER SACK OVER THERE. That defense was crazy.

so predictions on todays games?

Titans 27 (+6)
Chargers 24

late game 51 *cough76cough* field goal to win it. Thus the chargers replace their entire coaching staff again, lol.

Giants 24(-10)
Bucs 13

Giants struggle early but defense keeps them in it. Bucs offense fails again. Eli does just enough with the run game to win it.

@ theamericandream38

Nah, they won't spite any pick , what there going to do is fudge everyone over by picking the next hall of fame player, Scott P. (scouter for the pats) is just an amazing scout he really knows what to look for. I'd be very surprised if it was a bust

mr. steeler, those do not matter nearly as much as plays that caused or took away TDs!

(also lol like I care about battle-frontier)

The wind was pretty rough in that game thats why he muffed that kickoff and i still cant believe the R-skins couldn't take that short field for AT LEAST 3 points. They missed a 30 yarder. *shacks head*
Just a quick note: if you watch the replay you can see that no Seattle player actually touched the ball but apparently every kick is an onside kick and can be recovered by the kicking team even if no other player touched it! Also did anyone notice how Cris Collinsworth knew all of these incredibly obscure rules, like that one about the free kick on a fair catch? Also, to user "BeachBoy" and CK: I know that the Patriots probably won't do that, but it honestly doesn't seem that they need any help at any position :[

Just a quick note: if you watch the replay you can see that no Seattle player actually touched the ball but apparently every kick is an onside kick and can be recovered by the kicking team even if no other player touched it! Also did anyone notice how Cris Collinsworth knew all of these incredibly obscure rules, like that one about the free kick on a fair catch? Also, to user "BeachBoy" and CK: I know that the Patriots probably won't do that, but it honestly doesn't seem that they need any help at any position :[
LOL, i think chris was really odd there ,it felt like he reads the 1942 rule books. lol

and I disagree, the pats pick, they will have many needs:

defense has holes....

this year we should have 2 linebackers retiring (tedy and seau), including our SS, rodney harrison. which a. loses experience, b. loses the five Lbacker switch around....

Meriweather was Ok this year as a rookie safety, james sanders did quite well.

Also Astuante Samuel (CB) is a not likely to return next year with many contract dispuits and NON-contract fixs. He may be traded for another 1st round pick.

Though I think the pats NEED that pick, the defense will be very suspect next year with all the age and loss in veteran material. Mike vrabel even may retire but not likely at all. On offense well.....yeah nothing really maybe a new lineman for tutor up for the future when light goes. RTackle seems to need a bulk up over the current guy (kazrur, i think).

But meh....you cant have everything =P

pats have such good depth though so then again maybe it doesn't matter. =P

But "In Tom we Trust"

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Comis_Rule, you're an idiot. Even with your first avatar being a Cowboys helmet, you still typed just like GB Packers Ftw or whatever. I guess you figured you were safe after a week, so now you switch over to the Favre avatar and talk about Walker "coming back" to the Packers? You're fucking retarded. Get lost.

Go Chargers. Solely because I want to see JAX-NE, it will be the game of the year.

To Justin, Balb, and Illusion: Where was the blowout and the domination? Please never berate someone for over an hour merely because they believe a game will turn out pretty even (which this one did lol)

Gee Fight Two Demons, I wonder why they are called upsets? Just because they are not likely does not make them impossible, which is the point I was trying to illustrate to you.

Well looks like we're going to watch "another" game of the year

NE vs. Jags

should be good.

and wow, ten. has a chance there, but collapsed in the 2nd half, it was cool to see them shut down LT to 6 yds in the 1st half.

and i predicted correctly , hello bucs ......BAM! though i slept during that game =P

Chargers Colts also looks great, can the chargers pull the upset "again"?
I personally really dont care who NE rolls over in the AFC champ, i just hope they beat jags becuase ther IMO Ne's biggst threat with their run game.

NFC is pretty exciting...deep down I'm hoping for both Cowboys and Packers losing, which is more possible now than one would have thought previously.

For Cowboys, maybe that week 17, bye week, TO hurt, Glenn sucking will all lead to Giants winning, and Eli is 'sort of' "on fire" but I still wouldn't put anything past that dude to throw like 18 INTs in one game..

As for Packers losing, I'm just hoping after the 2004 thing with Hasselbeck secretly provides him with some superhuman Tom Bradyesque motivation and what not and yeah...Giants/Seahawks NFC Championship go!!!

AFC is boring until Pats lose.

hey you are welcome Im really not 11

that wasnt my intent but...ANYWAYS

great win for giants, manning, and coughlin

How does a 10-6 and 9-7 team making the playoffs blow your mind? If we were discussing an 8-8 team making it, then that would be different.

Why do you love me so much, GB Packers FTW? I am a Cowboys fan!

I do not quite know how to break this to you man...I kind of hate reading everything you write.

Cowboys over Giants, Seahawks over Packers (I love Matt Hasselbeck, so I changed my mind on having to pick Packers on this one!), Patriots over Jaguars (edited this, too many people hopping on the Jaguars bandwagon has me thinking they will fold under pressure), Colts over Chargers are my new predictions

It blew my mind they made it because they're both so awful.

But I'm going with Giants. Eli has been playing better than Romo...Giants are warmed up...and I much rather the Packers destroy the Giants in the Championship.
Chargers over the Colts. Indy is bad. The Chargers go in and win.
Those are my two upsets.

New England destroys Jacksonville. Garrard sucks..The rest of Jax sucks...Raperiots win easy.
Green Bay over Seattle. Green Bay is the superior team.

I'm going for Jaguars winning a close game against the Patriots.
*coughARE YOU CRAZY!cough* Heck! naw!

Did you see the jaquars in their first playoff game? if you thought tomlin could exploit their weakness, you sure as hell can bet brady will and a whole lot better, maybe you didn't see bens mistakes, you think brady would make those??? no....Pats over jags (38-14) is my early prediction
(depends if jags actually get there DTs back from injuries in that game but wont make that big of a diff.) yes i think the jags are the biggest threat so that score may change)

and wow, i almost had today's pick right on the money everyone!
i had *look above some posts*
BeachBoy said:
Giants 24(-10)
Bucs 13

Giants struggle early but defense keeps them in it. Bucs offense fails again. Eli does just enough with the run game to win it.

I MISSED by 1 point, wow.

On the charger game....well messed that one up... =P

I see the Colts and Patriots in foxboro. (pats win a blow out as revenge for last year)
And the boys and Packers in the NFC. ( romo fumbles in the 4th q , tie'd ball game, then favre drives down the field for the 4th quarter TD to win it) wow that'd be fun to watch....:toast:

That is the absolute best prediction for the NFC Championship of all time.
You are win.

and finally..someone other than me that understand the Jags have no chance.

That is the absolute best prediction for the NFC Championship of all time.
You are win.

HELLS TO THE YEA! I HOPE IM RIGHT!

and finally..someone other than me that understand the Jags have no chance.
If the jags even make it close in the 4th ill be extremely surprised. Yes, they have a run game, but bill is going to shut that down, and who are the jags going to go to? David???? lol game over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)