The Fysical Phitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Ok so after being in the best shape of my life in August last year I pretty much stopped working out come september and school time. Half was due to the fact that it was the busiest/most important year of my life and half was because I had a girlfriend and sort of lost motivation to look my best.

However I am now done school and have a steady job so I can get back to it. So I am looking for some advice as to how to best get back into it.

I was on a modified SL 5x5 but now I realized I was trying to do too much: I would do the heavy lifting then i would do a bunch of cardio and abs since I wanted to lean too but now I know that you need to bulk and THEN cut. Doing both simultaneously is counterproductive.

With this in mind, and knowing that I have a lot of core strength but 8 months out of the gym (and on a terrible diet) have made me quite a bit pudgy, I need to figure out how to best start up again.

I have 4 months in front of me where I know I will be able to be on a consistent routine (after that hopefully I can but its questionable). I want to stick to SL as I know it well and my friends are on it too and it really works.

The questions are:
1) Where should I start back up after being off for 8 months in terms of weights
2) How long should I bulk for / when should i start to cut
3) Should I stick strictly to the routine (my buddies swear by sticking to it EXACTLY) or should i adapt it to what I need (my pecs are getting a bit fat I want to lean them out)
4) How should I be eating based on the answer to 2)
5) Is working out at night good? I have never done it before but will have to now based on my job. Like 9pm.

Any advice is appreciated
You should probably test where are you currently. From the looks of it, you might have lost a good 30 pounds of strength. I would suggest starting 20 pounds lighter, and if you feel it's too light, add in 5s, till you feel like you have trouble lifting that weight 5 times. That should be your new max. To know how long you should bulk for we need to know what are your goals and your current stats in height and weight.

Adapting to what you want doesn't seem very strength oriented to me. It kinda sounds like you want some muscle hypertrophy. SL is a good muscle builder but doesn't give results as fast as a hypertrophy routine. Hypertrophy routine is pretty much doing basic barbell workouts in sets of 8-12, instead of 5, like SS. If you want to look your best in 4 months, then probably a hypertrophy routine won't be as beneficial though. That means you would have to bulk and cut in a period 120 days, which I don't see you gaining much muscle from 2-3 months alone so that you look big. If you say your pecs feel a bit soggy, but it's not really something that is fixed by doing pecs specific exercises. You did gain some weight, and that aids your pecs in being different from before. Bench pressing at your max will probably get your pecs rock hard again, trust me, I wouldn't worry too much about this.

How you should be eating during the bulk, I don't think there is much science to it. It's all about the calories. Remember, calories are calories, it doesn't matter if you get them from eating a California burrito with a beer or a apple slice, it will make the difference between cutting and bulking. For bulking, you should be trying to eat as much as you can. 2 bowls of cereal in the morning, and extra plate for dinner. Milk is your friend when bulking, try to drink a pint every other time. Peanut butter is also great during the bulk. Eat cookies with peanut butter, put peanut butter in your protein shakes. Put peanut butter in your cereal. Get that peanut butter in. Eggs too. Sunnyside or hardboiled, they are good for bulking. You can put 2 raw eggs in your protein shake as well, and no, you won't get an eggy taste. You will hardly notice it. Calorie dense foods would include bread, rice, and beans, avocado. You can never, ever go wrong with rice and beans. It's a really south thing, but give it a try. Red beans with white rice mixed is amazing, and an amazing calorie food as well, and has a great amount of protein. You should really be getting calories in. For short, eat more.

Working out at night is fine, just make sure you lift.

By the way, you have friends irl that use SS, but really, the extra 10 reps for each aren't doing much. You are building strength, so pushing those 5 in a row should be slow with perfect technique. I do 3x5 and seen better results from 5x5, because I focus more on doing 15 reps right. It also gives me time to push in some dips or barbell rows.

After doing SL 5x5 for 13 weeks, I got my first injury (lower back pain, which I think occured from doing Pendlay Rows with 75kg without a belt, back must have done something wrong...)

Now spending the next however long avoiding squats, rows and deads, which sucks. Happened almost 2 weeks ago, but then I got sick, and upon entering the gym a week later decided to try to Deadlift. Idiot.

It's not awfully painful, just noticeable uncomfortable at times. How long will it take to heal?

Also, random stats of current progress:
6 foot 1
94 kgs

Squat: 125kg 5x5
Bench: 82.5kg 5x5
Row: 75kg 5x5
OHP: 55kg 5x4, 4x1 (Missed the last rep)
Deadlift: 140kg 1x5

Pretty happy with my numbers so far, really want to hit that 2 plate bench and 3 plate squat though. One plate OHP would be nice as well.

Two weeks should be good, but you should start getting back into your routine slowly. Lift lighter than you think you can do. Also spend some time icing your back when you have the time, it can really help.

Two weeks should be good, but you should start getting back into your routine slowly. Lift lighter than you think you can do. Also spend some time icing your back when you have the time, it can really help.
Yeah, I'm going off any activity that uses the lower back. So basically I do leg extension instead of squat (Nowhere near the same I know, it's a shame nothing really replaces the squat) and lat pulls instead of rows. I added weighted chins and pull ups to my routine anyway, so it's still a good workout, just missing the core exercise of the program :S

Haha yeah, I feel ya man.

I strained my right arm three Fridays ago and had to lay off weight lifting--with the exception of leg exercises--for the first two weeks. I just went back to lifting last weekend, but I still have to take things slowly, so I'm only lifting three days a week for the next week or so and at weights 10-20 lbs lighter than I was using. Honestly, I'm just glad to be lifting again, going all that time without it was making me ridiculously uncomfortable.

It'll take a bit of patience, but it's worth it. As another suggestion, take anti-inflammatory pills if your injury warrants it.

Sounds like you had a very minimal knee sprain, which is good to hear, should you have had something worse, your post would have been smaller. It's fucked up when your body can't keep up with your head. You want to do all this shit but you're limited. I'm glad you're back to squatting in just a month, keep making those knee surrounding muscles stronger.

Cardio will do something towards to you having visible abs, but won't get you far without watching what you put in your mouth. Not even 1000 variants of ab workouts will get you visible abs if you drink like a mother fucker and eat trash everyday. Burning fat to get visible abs is way harder than you think, and less effective too. Going on a strict diet to lower your body fat % is the main contributor to Jersey Shore abs. Yeah, those dudes drink a shit load during the weekends and eat a lot at 4 am in the morning after the club, but if you watch their weekday life, they don't even touch pizza. Nothing but hitting the gym and watching what they eat. That's why you see a lot of empty whey protein and casein protein tubs in the kitchen backround.

A strict diet for abs isn't rocket science, it's all about calories. Forget about all this shit about Atkins diet and Low Carb diet (this one is effective if you can follow it right) right now. Calories are calories, doesn't matter if you get them from a double quarter pounder from McDonalds or a celery stick, it's the same shit. Being smart in what you eat is where you are going to find success in a diet. "Should I eat this 1200 calorie burger here in one sit and blow 1200 calories out of my 1600 daily calorie intake rule, or split this 1200 calories into four small 300 calorie meals or 2 big 600 calorie meals?"

More calories you eat = more weight/muscle/fat gained
Less calories you eat = less weight/muscle/fat gained

There isn't any more to it than that. Abs are made in the kitchen. It's not gonna be about if you have motivation or not. It's about about how bad you want it.

I know this was an old post by Venom.

This is probably the most well educated and knowledgable response I've read in a long time in this thread. You always give excellent responses man.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Appreciate the love for my posts, thanks, it means something. I just try to make it as simple as possible, I had nobody there to lend the ropes to me when I was trying to make a change. I try and share my knowledge about what I know, I don't think I would give anybody advice about something I have to think twice about, let alone not have experienced it or have done it myself.

Anyway I bought a tub of 2Lb Whey protein. I'm still training and I'll pick up on my lifts as well, starting this week. I'm trying to manage this between my job and a life, but it's possible for sure, I just need to find time for everything. I'll post my stats around tomorrow.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
After doing SL 5x5 for 13 weeks, I got my first injury (lower back pain, which I think occured from doing Pendlay Rows with 75kg without a belt, back must have done something wrong...)

Now spending the next however long avoiding squats, rows and deads, which sucks. Happened almost 2 weeks ago, but then I got sick, and upon entering the gym a week later decided to try to Deadlift. Idiot.

It's not awfully painful, just noticeable uncomfortable at times. How long will it take to heal?

Also, random stats of current progress:
6 foot 1
94 kgs

Squat: 125kg 5x5
Bench: 82.5kg 5x5
Row: 75kg 5x5
OHP: 55kg 5x4, 4x1 (Missed the last rep)
Deadlift: 140kg 1x5

Pretty happy with my numbers so far, really want to hit that 2 plate bench and 3 plate squat though. One plate OHP would be nice as well.
I'm not that familiar with back pain in terms of actual back injuries, but squatting does cause a good amount of stress on the back, especially when your increasing weight pretty fast, like your case. If it's more on the uncomfortable side and not that painful, then maybe you should try some Icy hot on it. It's not the best remedy but it's the closest thing to feeling a good back for a short period. I remember feeling that unconformable feeling in my first 2 weeks as well. Don't be ashamed of lowering weight on the squat, it's not taboo. I actually felt relieve from lifting less weight and doing more reps for that period where my back felt stressed. You can go back to your normal weight after your back chills out. If you feel like you cannot do this either, don't do it. Take a break from squats, just don't let it go.

A plane on OHP is pretty hard to achieve. OHP is the hardest to gain weight on. I found myself micro loading when I reached 50 KG, even the 2.5 Lb plates fucked it for me. But you feel like a fucking winner when you have the two 45s in the air.

I'm not that familiar with back pain in terms of actual back injuries, but squatting does cause a good amount of stress on the back, especially when your increasing weight pretty fast, like your case. If it's more on the uncomfortable side and not that painful, then maybe you should try some Icy hot on it. It's not the best remedy but it's the closest thing to feeling a good back for a short period. I remember feeling that unconformable feeling in my first 2 weeks as well. Don't be ashamed of lowering weight on the squat, it's not taboo. I actually felt relieve from lifting less weight and doing more reps for that period where my back felt stressed. You can go back to your normal weight after your back chills out. If you feel like you cannot do this either, don't do it. Take a break from squats, just don't let it go.

A plane on OHP is pretty hard to achieve. OHP is the hardest to gain weight on. I found myself micro loading when I reached 50 KG, even the 2.5 Lb plates fucked it for me. But you feel like a fucking winner when you have the two 45s in the air.
Yeah it's not painful, it just likes to remind me it exists when I sit down for too long :) I plan to deload my squats, rows and deads by 10% just to adjust to them again. I'll probably start doing them again in a week or so, when the pain is completely gone.

I could definitely do an OHP plate for singles/2-3 reps at this point, you're right it is so hard to go up in weight in it. Worse is that the rack I do the OHP in has these weird little things sticking out the top, so I have to load the barbell with 5kg plates when I OHP to avoid the plates hitting it at the top. I guess I could just clean them from the floor though....

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Basketball season starts in 2 weeks and I haven't been eating as healthy as I was (put on a bit of fat compared to my last progress pic although I am still nothing close to my "before" pic). my fitness had dropped in the offseason but I still wanted to put on size (for functional and cosmetic purposes), so I found this workout on bodybuilding.com that I'm going to try (with some slight variations) for the next 12 weeks before the university games start.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul3.htm

Control F basketball, it's a combo between weights, plyometrics and cardio. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Also I think I'll be fine eating clean but gonna find it hard not to drink once a week between my job (DJ) and my social life/social circle being very party oriented! Thoughts on this program/advice? I'll adapt and change some exercises but for all intents and purposes it'll be similar to this!

Anybody use Martial Arts as a form of Physical Fitness? I've been doing Martial Arts for the last two years and its really helped me getting not only into great shape but I've actually learned to fight and defend myself better. I suppose the only thing I really want to accomplish is getting my punches and kicks more powerful. Anybody use a certain technique to get their reverse punch, round kick, front kick, side kick stronger?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I don't use Martial Arts as a way to keep fit, I'm trying to become something in it, so keeping me fit is just a bonus to me. I currently train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm not much into kickboxing, I had 1 year of boxing alone before, so I find using my hands way more. I couldn't really add anything that makes your kicks stronger.

Sucks today, I injured my knee again. Except this time it's my other knee, not my one previously injured. I guess it was bound to happen. It's not as bad as the last one either, I feel pain in the inner side of my knee. I also felt how this one happened, I laded straight on my knee and felt a pop. I don't want to think I'm going to be fucked up again because I don't feel like it's a big sprain, but the days will tell. Fuck.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
just a random musing, but i now fully believe that physical fitness isn't about exercise or diet or whatever else you may think it is - it's simply about staying injury-free for as long as possible. An buddy of mine from back when I was running is competing for a place in the European Triathlon Championships. Not to sound like a dick but I never thought that she was an exceptional athlete but she was super-smart and careful and visited a physio every week. I honestly believe her success is down to the fact she's now gone close to 9 years without a serious injury.

epicondyle is still sore after nearly 7 months, doing calisthenics and light bench-press work for now. starting to feel strong now but I suspect I'll always have a niggle there but I guess that's a part of getting old, and should really be expected when you go about life the way that we do.

I don't use Martial Arts as a way to keep fit, I'm trying to become something in it, so keeping me fit is just a bonus to me. I currently train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm not much into kickboxing, I had 1 year of boxing alone before, so I find using my hands way more. I couldn't really add anything that makes your kicks stronger.

Sucks today, I injured my knee again. Except this time it's my other knee, not my one previously injured. I guess it was bound to happen. It's not as bad as the last one either, I feel pain in the inner side of my knee. I also felt how this one happened, I laded straight on my knee and felt a pop. I don't want to think I'm going to be fucked up again because I don't feel like it's a big sprain, but the days will tell. Fuck.
Our school just implemented a Jiu Jitsu program into our classes. I love it considering I used to wrestle in high school and I know it takes a lot of cardio and endurance to roll around and fight on the ground. Although, I seem to struggle with people who are larger and stronger than me. I suppose the only way to fix that is to hit the weights but I used to go to a gym and I hated it because it never felt like a community. In Martial Arts there are people all around who wants to get stronger and train hard with you and its made me mentally stronger along with the physical part. In the gym, I went in got on the elliptical for an hour and left. Oh and BTW about your knee, I hope you didn't tear any ligaments. One of our senseis was doing his forms, twisted his knee in the wrong direction, and tore his ACL. Out for a year.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Our school just implemented a Jiu Jitsu program into our classes. I love it considering I used to wrestle in high school and I know it takes a lot of cardio and endurance to roll around and fight on the ground. Although, I seem to struggle with people who are larger and stronger than me. I suppose the only way to fix that is to hit the weights but I used to go to a gym and I hated it because it never felt like a community. In Martial Arts there are people all around who wants to get stronger and train hard with you and its made me mentally stronger along with the physical part. In the gym, I went in got on the elliptical for an hour and left. Oh and BTW about your knee, I hope you didn't tear any ligaments. One of our senseis was doing his forms, twisted his knee in the wrong direction, and tore his ACL. Out for a year.
I've been through it already. It was an MCL injury that lasted about 6 months to heal. I was just actually like a month with no pain and now my other knee pops, which is not getting more sore by the minute; it brings a lot of memories. But I love this shit too much that it probably won't stop me from continuing.

On BJJ, it's pretty much a whole body workout. You can have any type of soreness the next day from any body part really. Thumbs and toes will get bended, your arms will be sore as fuck when you extend them, your neck can hurt, a lot of things that are casual. It's somewhat like wrestling but really it's human chess. You can be in the most inferior position, and that's where using your mind really comes to play, moving your body in certain way, and mostly recognizing positions where you can escape from another position, gain a position, neutralize a position, or get a submission. It's all in the head. You should try it out, it can be hell in the first weeks but you'll get the hang of it.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I agree completely, Lee. I started working out again and now I have to back off a little bit because my hip joint didn't appreciate it.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Basketball season starts in 2 weeks and I haven't been eating as healthy as I was (put on a bit of fat compared to my last progress pic although I am still nothing close to my "before" pic). my fitness had dropped in the offseason but I still wanted to put on size (for functional and cosmetic purposes), so I found this workout on bodybuilding.com that I'm going to try (with some slight variations) for the next 12 weeks before the university games start.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul3.htm

Control F basketball, it's a combo between weights, plyometrics and cardio. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Also I think I'll be fine eating clean but gonna find it hard not to drink once a week between my job (DJ) and my social life/social circle being very party oriented! Thoughts on this program/advice? I'll adapt and change some exercises but for all intents and purposes it'll be similar to this!
I missed this post. Did you ever try Layne Norton? It doesn't have anything to do with this post or anything, just curious.

On the program, I guess it fits your plan. I don't think weight training will do anything to help out with basketball though, maybe explode with squats in high repetitions can help out, but other than that, I wouldn't see why not do it. If you want to put on size then higher reps sounds like the logical thing to do, which I see some on this program. It's kinda complicated though, but if you can do it I don't see why don't do it. I can't really contribute to it though, I haven't really tried this type of program. I can add to the keeping on track part though. Party life is pretty bad on body building lol. I wouldn't worry so much about the food and beers (idk on beers, I don't drink...yet). I think I have a much harder time having only a few hours to sleep. It really fucks up the rest of the week. I work a lot so I can't really find time to sleep but maybe you can and can work around it. Sleep is essential in building muscle, so I'd stay away from lifting on the weekends, and possibly mondays as well.

an update....I have started to get into things. I've been doing 40 X 3 of crunches with some leg lifts, but more recently I have been having fun with some static holds. Static holds are beastly, but I'm not sure I'm doing them right since my arms give out before the rest of my body. I'm planning on adding some more exercises to my routine as time goes on. I haven't really noticed many changes yet, though I think I have put some more muscle in my arms.

I finally designed a new program, It's focused on a Heavy/Light Push and Pull workout. It's really intense!

MONDAY - HEAVY PUSH DAY
1)Squat (Lower) (Warm-Up 3x5) 3x10-12 (12,10,10)
2)Barbell Bench Press (Upper) (Warm-Up 3x5) 3x10-15 (15,12,10)
3)Leg Press (Lower) 3x10-15 (15,12,10)
4)Dumbbell Shoulder Press (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,10,10)
5)Standing Calf Raise (Lower) 4x10-12 (12,12,10,10)
6)Lying Tricep Extension (Upper) 4x10-12 (12,12,10,10)
7)Flat Bench Dumbbell Press (Upper) 3x10-12 (12,12,10)
8)Lateral Raise (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,12,10)

TUESDAY - HEAVY PULL DAY
1)Pull Ups (Upper) (50 total reps)
2)Rack Pulls (Lower) 3x5-6 (6,5,5)
2)Lying Leg Curl (Lower) 3x10-15 (15,12,10)
3)Barbell Biceps Curl (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,10,10)
4)Barbell Rows (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,10,10)
5)Lat Pull-Down (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,12,10)
6)Back Extension (Lower) 3x10-12 (12,12,10)
7)Pinwheel Curl (Upper) 3x10-15 (15,12,10)
8)Dumbbell Shrugs (Upper) 4x10-15 (15,12,12,10)

THURSDAY - LIGHT PUSH DAY
1)Military Press (Upper) (Warm-Up 3x5) 3x12-15 (15,12,12)
2)Sumo Squats (Lower) 4x12-20 (20,15,12,12)
3)Incline Bench Press (Upper) 3x12-15 (15,12,12)
4)Dumbbell Lunges (Lower) 3x20 (20,20,20)
5)Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (Upper) 3x12-20 (20,15,12,12)
6)Seated Calf Raise (Lower) 4x12-20 (20,15,15,12)
7)Parallel Dips (Upper) 4x8-15 (15,12,10,8)
8)Dumbbell Box Step-Ups (Lower) 3x20 (20,20,20)

FRIDAY - LIGHT PULL DAY
1)Chin Ups (Upper) (50 total reps)
2)Deadlift (Upper) (Warm-Up 3x5) 4x12-20 (20,15,15,12)
3)Good Mornings (Lower) 3x12-15 (15,15,12)
4)T-Bar Rows (Upper) 3x12-15 (15,12,12)
5)Alternating Dumbbell Curls (Upper) 4x12-15 (15,15,12,12)
6)Glute Ham Raise (Lower) 3x12-15 (15,15,12)
7)Dumbbell Rows (Upper) 4x12-15 (15,15,12,12)
8)Barbell Shrugs (Lower) 4x12-20 (20,15,15,12)

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
So I finally did squats today, and it was painful. My knee did great, didn't feel too uncomfortable. The pain I felt was in my ass, just where the thigh and ass meet. This told me 2 things: I was really off this shit for a long ass time, I was lifting 100 Lb and this happened, and that I was doing the technique correctly. I had 10 constant minutes of ass cramp as well, I could barely walk and I couldn't sit, it felt so horrible but it felt good on the inside I was lifting after 7 months post MCL injury. Feeling really motivated as of right now, I'm lifting again, my training is going great, I'm improving, I'm losing weight, and just feeling good, physically and emotionally, for the first time. You can't put a price on that.

My lifts;

Overhead press: 100
Squat: 100
Bench Press: 150

Those 6 months really took a toll on my numbers, but my bench press didn't suffer much I think. I'm gonna have to work on this numbers again, and taking my lifting seriously again.

Free tip: For anybody wanting to squat and also have some sort of leg/knee injury, body squats are great for warm ups. I can't run to warm up in my garage like I do in the gym, but I recalled my teacher talking to me about body squats. I grabbed a small trash can, extended out my arms with the trashcan in both hands, took a deep breath and squatted. It was a really bad pain, but by the 4th one I was feeling the pain fading. I did 20 of this in sets of 10 before the heavy squatting, and it helped a shitload. The rest of my squatting went something like this:

Bodyweight squat x10
Barbell heavy squat x5

Bodyweight squat x10
Barbell heavy squat x5

Bodyweight squat x10
Barbell heavy squat x5

Pretty much did 10 body squats in between every heavy session. I'd recommend it even if you don't have an injury, this are great and really break a sweat.

Does anybody here do crossfit? I'd never even heard of it until two years ago, but it seems to have caught on across the country. I haven't been doing it as often as I'd like ever since the room we were using the one of the athletic buildings was shut down for remodeling, but it's an awesome workout and syncs perfectly with the type of stuff I'm training for. Some of the hardest workouts I've done, the ones that have left me the most spent at the end are simple 30-minute WODs like Murph or Del.

I've gotten in the habit swimming everyday and get a strength/conditioning workout in most days as well.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just set new PB's for both dumbbell bench and deadlifts, so I'm in a pretty good mood. I was happy about deadlifts especially considering I hadn't done them in about 3-4 months!

Deadlifts - 3 x 6 at 265 pounds (120 kilos)
Dumbbell Bench - 3 x 6 at 93.5 pounds each arm (42.5 kilos each)

Haven't done barbell bench for awhile so not sure where I'm at with that but I'm my goal is to do a minimum of 3 x 6 at at least 100 kilos (225 pounds), same with Squats but I don't know where I'm at with that either. I think I'm going to aim for a 150 kg bench mark for my deads (330 pounds) but I'm not sure how realistic that is, in the short term anyway haha.

Well I started track this year on a whim, partly because ya'll niggas have so much fun with it and partly because some of my irl friends were doing it.

Here I am, resting up on the day before State, seeded 18th for the discus throw, within 15 feet of placing. I haven't really practiced much (which infuriates me, looking back) but I managed to get here and it feels awesome. It's a great thing to be here, but I'm sad I didn't start until this year. These kids are throwing 15 more feet than me with 3+ years under their belts from our talks at meets (although I mostly competed against higher division schools). I never really got to see my coach (like twice a month) but I always tried to work something when I did practice.

My coach is gonna work with me this summer and hopefully I'm doing summer track, so I can get my throws up more. I wanna throw for club my first year of college, and maybe after that year I'll be up far enough to throw for UK. Their throwers are at the 170 mark with the college discus, so maybe if I can build up to ~140-150 with the college disc this next year I could maybe walk-on next year :D i can throw a college disc about 100 feet right now, so hopefully a year of hard work will put me to where i can talk my way into a spot on the team. but these are high hopes of which i do not expect to be fulfilled.

my friend andres is currently a top 5 hurdler in sate. he just started this year. 4 years he's been sitting the bench in soccer. he starts track this year and wins every meet in hurdles against higher division schools, with apparently little form. i just feel bad for him. he beat the third ranked kid in state at region to win it. he got a scholarship already to eku for a full ride. i'm so proud. i just wanted to talk about him because i like talking about him.

doing texas method over summer and probably for a while after that. i love doing bbb 5/3/1 but i figure i'll try and get more gains this summer. it's almost the same anyway. looking to add power cleans for more explosion. afai can tell, that might help with my discus. i'm probably going to pussy out and stick to the big 4 though like always. also gonna try and drop a little weight, preferably wanna be at 185, so i've got a solid 20 to go.

also my 100 time is down to a 12.7 so i feel like i accomplished something

alright it's someone elses turn to post i'm getting tired of typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)