ORAS Doubles OU The Hospital Records Crew (peaked 86 in top 100s, 1512)

Digital Sound

I COULD BE BANNED!
rlly a great song m8 srsly

Hey guys, what's up!
Today I'll be finally introducing my first RMT ever.
The whole team is going to be based off on my favorite electronic record labeling, which is of course
Hospital Records.

Many people may not know this, but some do. The thing is that I actually like Drum and Bass, a lot...
which is my favorite electronic genre.
I first started to get into Drum and Bass, when I was listening to this track on SSX 2012, which was
called, Camo and Krooked - 'Breezeblock'. those two guys were the main reasons I started to like Drum and Bass.

So, enough with the introduction, time to get down to the team building process.

First, I started to build off with Diancie, because I have never used this Pokemon in Smogon Doubles before. So, I was quite curious to see what it can actually do.

/

When I added Diancie, I thought that bulky Water-types would an issue for me, and then I came to a conclusion to add Shaymin-Sky, because it does a good job removing the bulky Water-types that would otherwise get in Diancie's way. Diancie can also get rid of Fire-types that could possibly trouble Shaymin.

/
/

I added Jirachi because I sort of needed a redirection Pokemon that can also support the team with a little bit of speed control. Since one of my Pokemon is quite frail of course and it dies to almost any kind of priority, (Brave Boid Tflame).

/
/
/

Okay, since Jirachi is a good redirection Pokemon, I thought that Kyurem-Black could possibly work on the team because it can use substitute, while Jirachi can use Follow Me and allow kyurem-Black to safely set up a sub without getting attacked.

/
/
/
/

When I was looking at the team a bit, I started to think that this team was weak to Choice Landorus-Therian, so then I added Rotom-W because it does a wonderful job beating Landorus-Therian one-on-one.

/
/
/
/
/

And finally I decided to add Landorus-Therian as my last member of the team because, well I'm sort of weak to Mega-Kangaskhan and Landorus-Therian's intimidate and momentum really comes in handy.​

High Contrast (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

I decided to choose Diancie as my first Pokemon on the team because Diancie has really good typing, and Rock / Fairy isn't bad typing at all. Diancie's roles is to come in at mid-game or, late-game once all of its checks and counters are weaken and removed, and if Diancie's checks and counters aren't weaken or removed its best to keep diancie out of harm until they're either weaken or removed. Earth Power is a must on Diancie or else it'll get walled by opposing steel types, (e.g. heatran, aegislash, etc.).

Danny Byrd (Shaymin-Sky) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

I chosen Shaymin-Sky because, well I really needed a powerful Grass-type that could beat the Water-types, so yea lol. To be honest I actually like leading off with Shaymin-S because since I already have Follow Me support I can start weakening the opponent's team early in the game. Using Focus Sash on this set allows Shaymin-S to live any hits that's frail to it, so it can be used as a revenge killer just in case. Seed Flare and Air Slash is your main STAB and you'll be using it quite a lot because Seed Flare has a high chance to reduce the opponent's SpDef and Air Slash is used just to annoy people with flinches lol, and Earth Power is for coverage against Steel and Fire-types.

Camo (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Protect

Jirachi was added on the team, since I needed a Pokemon that can support the team. Jirachi's main objective is to support the entire team with redirection move and help the team out with speed control, since the team was looking quite slow of course. Sitrus Berry make sure that Jirachi doesn't end up dying if it gets doubled on. Protect is a great move just for scouting and for things that doesn't want my Jirachi on the field. Iron Head is Jirachi's main STAB and it should be only used when there is a Pokemon that's weak against steel-type moves and it's also good for flinches not only that it's a really good combo with Thunder Wave.

Krooked (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Since Jirachi has good synergy with kyurem-Black and can also help it set up, so I thought that adding Kyurem-Black wouldn't be such a bad idea. Kyurem-B should be used to set up on things that can't really actually touch it (e.g. grass, electric, and water types, etc.). Leftovers is good because it gives a little bit of recovery and it can also allow you to set up a lot of Substitute as much as you can with the combination of Protect. Rice Beam is used as your main STAB while Earth Power gives you coverage against Steel-types.

London Elektricity (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I added Rotom-Wash because it does a great job beating most of the physical threats in the meta especially ground-types like Choice Landorus-Therian. Rotom-Wash is used as a Bulky-Offensive Pokemon that can reliably switch in and out. Due to its amazing typing of course. Hydro Miss Pump and Thunderbolt are Rotom's main STAB and provides somewhat okay coverage. Will-O-Miss Wisp is a great move for burning physical threats and racking up residual damage and Protect is a good move just for scouting and stuff like that.

Netsky (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian is simply a fantastic Pokemon that is used in Doubles quite a lot, and I added this Pokemon for the sole reason, just to beat Mega-Kangaskhan since I don't kind of have many answers for it. What Landorus-Therian should be doing on the battlefield is to provide Intimidate by temporarily weaken physical attacks and also provide momentum for the entire team. Earthquake is Landorus-Therian's STAB move and Rock Slide forms the famous QuakeSlide combo with it. U-turn is for momentum and Superpower is used to beat Ferrothorn and Mega-Kangaskhan.

And last but not least, the importable.

High Contrast (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Danny Byrd (Shaymin-Sky) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Camo (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Protect

Krooked (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

London Elektricity (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Netsky (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Well it's been fun doing this and I really enjoyed building this team. Have fun using this team!

Peace out!

EDIT:​
Here is my team in action just in case if any one wanted to know how it works.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-210982736
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-210982736
As you can see, I am really weak to Trick Room teams, but the thing is that you should try to stall out Trick Room with Protect as much as you can. I did the same thing in the following replay.

Last edited:
I like this a lot. Might I suggest less EVs in attack and more in Special Attack for Mega Diancie, being that it is specially biased? For me, 4 Attack and 252 Special Attack work very well, but perhaps you could just flip the 208 and 48. Or of course, you could keep it the way it is.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
48 spatk diancie is standard for a reason. Your special moves are only for super effective coverage on things like keld and tran. Otherwise you'll be spamming diamond storm because it's powerful unresisted physical spread.

The first thing I noticed when I saw the team was the lack of answers to trick room. Literally nothing on your team can stop the setting of tr bar flinches, and once tr is up you lose to many sweepers such as specs sylv. Perhaps utility gyara or taunt keldeo? Otherwise the team is quite solid.

Also, shaymin should be timid, as the extra speed really makes a difference. If you want more damage, use life orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)