SM OU The Lobster and the Bunny, a Clown story (peaked #1)

Yo everyone !

The team in a nutshell :

Let me tell you a short story real quick : i sometimes reached top 10 of the ladder but never number one. I guess i didnt had the nerves to do it, i wasnt strong enough. And then a few weeks ago, Blunder had a huge impact on me before even winning the ST. He came on a weekend of ST tour and won it like it was his everyday job. And then I thought to myself : "he's good ok, but he and some other champs here, they have something else I have to work on : the nerves, the mindset." :pimp:

Therefore, I decided that I had to overcome my nerves that happened each time I was close to #1, I wanted to prove that to myself. :afrostar:

So I began with a fresh start, checked the metagame to see what was poppin, and decided to build the team im sharing with you guys today.

———

First thing I noticed about the meta : balanced/somehow fat were kings and hyper offenses with double sash lead or webs were very common.

When I thought of balanced/bulky I decied to pick a dark mon. So I went with my buddy Crawdaunt
which resists pursuit (pursuit being an answer of fat versus busted dark types like hoopa for example) and went with band because its just insanely good versus fatter teams and has strong priority versus offense. The (almost) whole meta is 2HKO by knock off, its ridiculous that nobody noticed such a monster. (except of course some fairies like clef)

=> 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 266-314 (65.8 - 77.7%)
=> 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 226-268 (74.5 - 88.4%)
=> 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 188-222 (56.4 - 66.6%) (you have a chance of 2HKOing physically defensive skarm after rocks, which is insane)

At this period of time, ttar was not as common as it is now (ttar is so popular right now), so I went with blacephalon
because all those balanced had such a hard time switching to ghosts, and blacephalon has tremendous power. Trick to annoy chansey:fat and stuff. And mindblown, yes mindblown ! Mindblown has a guarantee ohko on defensive landos, which gives ur own landorus a chance to clean. Also, it enables you to keep momentum, lets say for example ur under 50% and dont want chansey to come and softboil for free, u just "boom" so that ur magearna can win :heart:

So basically, the lobster and the clown were the 2 main monsters I had the idea to bring just noticing how the meta had a hard times dealing with it and they help each other a lot because crawdaunt baits a lot of AV/lefties users on the switch (bulu etc) which are not anymore switches to shadow balls after they have been knocked off.

———
And then I just had to complete the team :

1. Didnt want match up reliant teams to win just by having a rain or webs. So I picked trick room magearna
which is just dumb endgame after hazards. Z fairium is just so powerful its not even funny.

2. I need hazards to help magearna clean and blacephalon have some clutch 2hkos. Good ol' ferro
never fails : classic defensive pivot, will always be. And is a nice help versus fairies/rain. Free my man metro.

3. Speed control ? Go ahead and pick King landorus
. Of course you have magearna to control the speed somehow, but with king Lando you have instant speed, better. .Nothing less to add because lando speaks for himself, except than u-turn works so well with the 2 monsters (blace and craw).

4. Last but not least : I decided I would play lopunny
because no one was using which I thought was a shame because its so cool not only versus offense but also to clean when hazards are up. So fast and very effective with all those steel types and heatran being a king at the moment. Also, I was like "mmmm Blace is a ghost and Lopunny is normal type, I cover the types with each other" LOLOLO. And for whatever reason, I always loved leech seed + fake out :mehowth:
———

And there you go ! You just stack hazards and have fun with whatever mons it will be !

What I really like about this team, are the nice and classy colors. If you decide for whatever reason to play a wifi battle on your nintendo DS, the Lopunny should be shiny to have some really colorful and badass team.

Shoutouts to everyone who will enjoy this humble RMT, those who know me and those who dont ;)

Shoutouts Blunder and a huge thanks for popularizing the team my brown sugar :heart:

It's the second time I make an RMT since I began competitive 4 years ago, time flies man...feelings man...

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-king-of-fighters-peaked-1816.3520324/

Proof of peak :
peak.png

Some fun replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-759804412 versus stall. Me, being the strategy genius I am, keeping blacephalon knowing it will survive hazards and have a clutch mindblown to keep momentum (which will help mag win). Also watch the incredible work of crawdaunt.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-760180699 me being at the top of competitive baiting espeed so that craw can clean. In a more serious way, watch how lopunny threatens so much offense.

Import :
VSX (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Yami (Blacephalon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Mind Blown
- Trick

King Blunder (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Bluxio (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Pasy (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Metro (Crawdaunt) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

As a long time no see legend would say : deuces :pimp:

Last edited:

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
My favorite team in sm to use right now. Got a little over 2k myself using it and it's one of the most consistent offense teams I've used if you keep up the pressure. Glad u RMTed it because this is truly the team that made the clown popular... only thing in my experience that is a possible change is the magearna set, removing flash cannon for focus blast, but I like the consistent stab letting u Ohko stuff like Koko at +1 so u don't have to drop spa with fleur cannon. I also really like max atk Lando on this team bc it gets u some big kills and explosion opens up the floor for a sweeper almost every time.. Defensive scarf may seem tempting since a team like this looks weak to Zygarde on paper, but with good pressure you can put up hazards first and stop Zygarde from every getting a chance to come in without the opponent losing a mon first. Anyways awesome team bro, a very unique twist on sm meta and a unique feel to use too. Give this 5 stars out of 5 certified platinum team

Wow thanks a lot Blund...

Yup explosion on lando so that you keep up momentum on the players who did a good play by doubling to their defoger, thinking they will be able to freely defog on lando ;) (unless you face scarf lando with defog but hey, what u gonna do ?)

Keep being at the top of competitive and i'll keep being that top handsome candy irl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)