Rotom-Frost @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch / Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Rotom-F is a mon that gets worn down easily from switching in and out of SR and randomly sponging hits here and there. ChestoRest Rotom-F allows it to retain the scarf bluff and make the most of its coverage, take hits midgame from stuff like Electric- or Flying-types, absorb status, and give itself a second chance late-game. I used this a few times (and someone else from BW NU came up with this, idr who) so it belongs to the first category stated by Bippy 8)

Someone pls post trick ring target

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Rotom-Frost @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

I really think that subsplit Rotom is underrated since most people would expect the more common scarf set. This set is more designed to come in after its cheks/counters are out of the way, (piloswine, lickilicky, etc.), and get off a substitute while the opponent switches out to an appropriate pokemon to handle it while they try to break the sub. After 3 substitutes, Salac Berry activates and lets you get up to the same speed as Scarfed Rotom without being locked into one move in the process with Pain Split recovering the HP you lost from Substitute.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I came up with trick ring target Rotom-Fan so you could still dodge earthquakes, but why rotom-fridge? You have to think competitively about ring target, it takes strategy :^)

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I came up with trick ring target Rotom-Fan so you could still dodge earthquakes, but why rotom-fridge? You have to think competitively about ring target, it takes strategy :^)
252 SpA Rotom-F Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Piloswine: 192-226 (47.5 - 55.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO. only thing i could think of when i thought of Trick + Ring Target. Seems kinda wasteful just to get rid of one counter, but its something nonetheless.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure ring target still makes you unimmune to EQ :^) also because fridge is in PU obv

edit: the point is so you can volt switch and stuff but yea I agree it's gimmicky

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Rotom-Frost @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- HP ice/ Will-o-wisp
- Volt switch

Set up dual screens and then volt- switch out. I confess I have never tried this set out but I’ve used it on Rotom-H in UU, which is essentially the same pokemon with a different typing and it worked well. You could invest more in defenses instead of speed to get a “slow” volt-switch but Rotom doesn’t have the longevity to pull it off. Will-o-wisp aids in setting screens on physical pokemon and HP ice is a solid stab move. Rotom also destroys the main defoggers who threaten dual screens which is nice.

Rotom-Frost @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- HP ice/ Will-o-wisp
- Volt switch

Set up dual screens and then volt- switch out. I confess I have never tried this set out but I’ve used it on Rotom-H in UU, which is essentially the same pokemon with a different typing and it worked well. You could invest more in defenses instead of speed to get a “slow” volt-switch but Rotom doesn’t have the longevity to pull it off. Will-o-wisp aids in setting screens on physical pokemon and HP ice is a solid stab move. Rotom also destroys the main defoggers who threaten dual screens which is nice.
FFFFUUUFUUFUFUFUUFUUUUUU... I've got greninja'd T_T

Just cuz I Like to compete, I'm throwing up this thing... U_U'

Rotom-Frost @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Spatt/ 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- HP Water
- Volt Switch / Blizzard / Will O Wisp

Try to set Rain and then use it with Thunder for that nice Paralyze chance... Also, HP Water, can kinda handle Piloswine and Mega Camerupt:

252 SpA Rotom-F Hidden Power Water vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine in Rain: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Rotom-F Hidden Power Water vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Camerupt in Rain: 328-388 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also, being stronger than Volt Switch and Thunderbolt, Thunder can do this, without chance to miss:

252 SpA Rotom-F Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sneasel: 196-232 (78 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Rotom-F Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tauros: 231-273 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Finally, Volt Switch can give you some momentum and then Switch to something like Shell Smash Huntail or something with Swift Swim...

There you go... U_U

TONE

FFFFUUUFUUFUFUFUUFUUUUUU... I've got greninja'd T_T

Just cuz I Like to compete, I'm throwing up this thing... U_U'

Rotom-Frost @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Spatt/ 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- HP Water
- Volt Switch / Blizzard / Will O Wisp

Try to set Rain and then use it with Thunder for that nice Paralyze chance... Also, HP Water, can kinda handle Piloswine and Mega Camerupt:

252 SpA Rotom-F Hidden Power Water vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine in Rain: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Rotom-F Hidden Power Water vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Camerupt in Rain: 328-388 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also, being stronger than Volt Switch and Thunderbolt, Thunder can do this, without chance to miss:

252 SpA Rotom-F Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sneasel: 196-232 (78 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Rotom-F Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tauros: 231-273 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Finally, Volt Switch can give you some momentum and then Switch to something like Shell Smash Huntail or something with Swift Swim...

There you go... U_U
Not bad, but there's no need to mention M-Camerupt as its not in PU anymore.

I have been playing with Rotom-F and it is devestating.

Rotom Frost
Item:Choice Specs
Blizzard
T-bolt
Volt switch
HP fighting

This set works because of rotoms good bulk and can deal a whole lot of damage back.HP fighting is for things like bastidon and avalugg

Enjoy this set

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have been playing with Rotom-F and it is devestating.

Rotom Frost
Item:Choice Specs
Blizzard
T-bolt
Volt switch
HP fighting

This set works because of rotoms good bulk and can deal a whole lot of damage back.HP fighting is for things like bastidon and avalugg

Enjoy this set
Try using Showdown importable so we get the full spread like IVs and EVs, as well as in a copy able format. A bit of a better description would also be nice, although the set's pretty obvious anyway.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

basically, this rotom is used to cripple physical sweepers by tricking over specs and thunder waving them. it can also deal some decent damage with blizzard and volt switch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

basically, this rotom is used to cripple physical sweepers by tricking over specs and thunder waving them. it can also deal some decent damage with blizzard and volt switch
Can you please put the ev's for this

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

This is a set that I have toyed with for a while and I think it works. This set cripples both special and physical sweepers while at the same time taking hits from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)