ORAS UU The priority we all need - ft. Linda

Ok, so I wanted to do a RMT for a while, and this team has been doing pretty well over the ladder and on room tours so I think maybe the commUUnity might help me with any further improve I can get.

I’m malinowski, I’ve been hanging around UU forums and chat room for a while and I’ve been playing UU since early XY came out. Great tier, and since Jirachi's departure to OU (hope it never comes back), this tier became the most healthy I've played since I started on competitive mon in early BW OU.

This team is a variation of some others teams I made, but it came from the basic idea of how awesome and underated Fletchinder is in the UU meta. I wanted to build around him so I looked to what check or counters it and then choose his partners.

team preview

the team itself

fletch (Fletchinder) @ none
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp/ Tailwind

The main player of this team. I wanted to build around Fletchinder because of how good flying offense is and how amazing flying priority is. Sure, an itemless NFE mon with a 4x SR weakness and frail defenses is hard to make viable, but he was so cute and cool that I couldn’t resist.

There are some great things about using Fletchinder: because of priority Acrobatic, it doesn’t give a shit about opposing bug, grass and fighting types and it can easily revenge kill opposing scarf mons. It can cripple supposed checks with Will-O-Wisp and can actually setup on a lot of things. Any ground type besides Swampert is a setup fodder for example. Even Mega Aggron can’t do much against Fletchinder, doing about ~25% with Heavy Slam after getting burn, and doing about ~50% with EQ on predicted roost. Fletchinder can deal about 50% damage to most of meta, so after a single SD it might be hard to stop it, specially with SR + TSpikes support, as it can threaten to OHKO most of things coming in. I think the Speed EV Spread are there only to outspeed Honchkrow’s Sucker Punch, just as the entire metagame lol

I once ran Tailwind over WoW but Tailwind support doesn’t last long and using it usually means Fletch would die, and I really appreciate it alive for a revenge kill or even threatening a late game sweep.

The main issues for Fletchinder sweep are Steel types (and Rock types, which aren’t so common besides Mega Aero), as they are the only ones to resist Fletch only attack, so I really appreciate dealing with those. For that, I bring…

hera (Heracross) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance / Megahorn

Heracross! Heracross is a great mon, with great bulk, good speed, and amazing abilities. You really don’t know what Heracross the opponent have until you see it in action - and while it is kind of easy to scout for Scarf or Band Heracross, it usually cost you a mon when talking about Orb Hera. Facade deals about ~70-80% to a defensive Florges, a common Heracross switch in for example. Also, Sword Dance increases Heracross attack to obscene levels. Since I was going to Orb Hera, I really don’t see use for Megahorn, since it sucks to rely on a 85% acc move. Fighting, Dark and Normal coverage is perfect coverage, so SD seems a better choice, also helping me break thru stall.

forry (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Ok, from then, I figured I need some kind of hazards support. Forretress was an easy choice: he is simply the best spinner in the tier, can run SR, Spikes or Tspikes, has a slow Volt Switch for momentum that is amazing, specially to get Heracross safely in play, while also having amazing defenses. I cant remember why I chose SpD Forry over Def investment but it’s been working great in general. Forretress usually don’t do much offensively to the team, but his TSpikes support are GREAT appreciate, putting a lot of pressure on opposing offensive teams and setup mons. And not losing momentum is also a great thing, Forry is really awesome.

mAero (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Roost / Taunt / EQ

To be honest mAero was the last mon to get in this team. I didn’t realize how good a stealth rocker with offensive pressure could be but for now I’m really glad. Since Fletchinder is my flying type sweeper, I dropped Aerial Ace for Aqua Tail, as it gets more coverage against common mAero ground switch ins. Roost is there for those moments when you force something out, but Taunt is a legit move if you want more hazard control.

mAero as a stealth rocker also happens to be a great matchup against most of defoggers and spinners in UU. Forretress doesn’t enjoy taking Edges or Aerial Aces that much, Donphan doesn’t wanna hear about an Aqua Tail, Empoleon do not like EQs at all and any flying type will be afraid of an Edge. Ofc I am not running all this coverage, but my opponent will still fear it while I be putting rocks on.

heil hydra (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

While Hydreigon doesn’t help me breaking thru common Steel/Fairy cores, it does help me in a lot of other things. Dozens of psychic types has been rising in popularity, as Slowking and Reuniclus, and they can actually give me a lot of trouble to pass by, so Hydreigon was the answer. LO Draco is really something to fear, if you don’t have a dedicated answer – and most of those “dedicated answers” will have trouble if I accidentally switch Heracross in.

But the best thing about this Hydreigon might be the move Taunt. It actually makes Hydreigon way more versatile, stopping setup from sweepers or walls from healing.

The only real problem is that an LO-boosted STAB Dark Pulse isn’t enough to break thru some mons, and Draco Meteor sp. drop doesn’t help neither, but we work around.

not cro (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Tailwind

I once used a CM Slowking as a bulky water mon, but I really wanted to try some Tailwind support for this team. Guts Hera seems impossible to be stopped behind a Tailwind, so I wanted to give it a try. For this, I chose Suicune. While CroCune is his best set for sure, I wanted to try some offensive cune, with SpA and Spe investment. Scald and IB for attacking optings, Calm Mind is there for filler tbh, and finally Tailwind. This guy is pretty sick. Most of ppl outright thinks I’m CroCune so when they get in, Scald will be doing much more than they thought. Their Cune answers also might not be expecting a fast cune, so it give some more trouble if trying to check it. Since Cune has great natural bulk on 100/115/115, it fits fine in this team, packing some punchs while setting Tailwind or outright attacking.

I guess this is it. Here are some replays of this team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-225990668 <<< at the end Fletchinder put some pressure over Mega Aggron (eventually loses thanks to crit but you get the idea)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-225973806
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-226411713 <<< Heracross under Tailwind

I have been enjoying this team for some time and I hope you all liked it too.

I’ll soon make a threat list but for now this is it.

fletch (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

hera (Heracross) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance / Megahorn

forry (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

mAero (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Roost / Taunt / EQ

heil hydra (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

not cro (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Tailwind

Last edited:

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Hey, There! First off, let me start by saying you're running Tailwind on to many pokemon...Tailwind does NOT belong on suicune so...let's start with Suicune.

Suicune isn't really a support-mon. It's a wall. You should be running something closer to this
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Ice Beam
This suicune potentially walls most of the tier, and you've got Fletch to deal with any pesky Grass types that might try to switch in on it, so let's move onto Fletch Next

Fletchinder is a Very underrated mon in UU. Gale Wings gives it some niche over Mega Pid and allows it to really hit those annoying grass types that give Crocune trouble.
Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance/Tailwind
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
IS probably what you're looking for? Something more sweepish while also giving you that Tailwind if you need it in the last minute.

Heracross is looking good, I find Megahorn to be somewhat useless in most situations, so It's usually better to go with Swords Dance over Megahorn.

Having Two setters is a little odd. I feel like you could replace SR on Aero with something different? Maybe Defog and just use Forr to set hazards and Aero to remove them? Just a little suggestion.

I'm going to try the team out for a bit and I'll get back to you with some Replays and a nice list of threats I noticed on the ladder. Looking over the team now I can see you've got three mons weak to shaymin, although it's rare, If it comes up you could face some issues.

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball
^ Can easily handle Cune, Hydra, and Hera. You only really have Fletch to deal with it too.

You've also got a weakness to fighting spam.
I can see Scarf Shao or Banded Machamp giving you some issues. You've only really got Fletch to deal with fighting spam, and Shao can handle Hydra, Forr, and Aero.

Anyways, I'll provide some edits later giving more thoughts on this team after I personally test it. Good job with building the team though, it's decent and could use work. I'm sure others will have more in depth import right away.

Last edited:

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
offensive tailwind cm suicune is a set lmoa. the only problem are the evs hes running, which should be max sp.atk enough speed to outspeed scarf nape after tw and rest in hp. specs min doesnt even run those moves, it needs psychic or else you're walled by crobat. and with the spam of entei it needs earth power to hit that nerd. then u could run air slash to hit heracross but after rocks psychic has a 81.3% chance to ohko. last move is a toss up between dazzling gleam and healing wish i guess though. i dont really see the problem with cb champ as everything except forre can revenge it after a cc though he'll probably have to sack something. scarf shao is definitely a problem as only fletchinder can revenge it or a max hp hera/suicune.

malinowski i think you should run aerial ace on Maero (over aqua tail) as a way to kill fighting types without making fletchinder take 49% from rocks, fletchinder is also kinda weak without +2 so they can easily bring in something to chew that acro then when ur fletch comes back in you're at 1%. you could also maybe change forre to custap lead with rocks tspikes/spikes rapid spin and explosion. like this you can put aa without changing aqua tail on Maero. though you dont have a spinblocker so i dont know how effective this would be.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
offensive tailwind cm suicune is a set lmoa. the only problem are the evs hes running, which should be max sp.atk enough speed to outspeed scarf nape after tw and rest in hp. specs min doesnt even run those moves, it needs psychic or else you're walled by crobat. and with the spam of entei it needs earth power to hit that nerd. then u could run air slash to hit heracross but after rocks psychic has a 81.3% chance to ohko. last move is a toss up between dazzling gleam and healing wish i guess though. i dont really see the problem with cb champ as everything except forre can revenge it after a cc though he'll probably have to sack something. scarf shao is definitely a problem as only fletchinder can revenge it or a max hp hera/suicune.

malinowski i think you should run aerial ace on Maero (over aqua tail) as a way to kill fighting types without making fletchinder take 49% from rocks, fletchinder is also kinda weak without +2 so they can easily bring in something to chew that acro then when ur fletch comes back in you're at 1%. you could also maybe change forre to custap lead with rocks tspikes/spikes rapid spin and explosion. like this you can put aa without changing aqua tail on Maero. though you dont have a spinblocker so i dont know how effective this would be.
I agree with almost all of this, but I'd replace Stone Edge, not aerial ace, with Aqua tail. Ace is a far easier STAB move to spam and better on non hone claws Mega Aero to hit fighting and grass types better

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
I can agree with Dads dad on this one. If you are running a set on aero that is not 3 attacks or hone claws, generally Edge ace > stone edge and aqua tail. In the event your opponent figures out you don't have a flying stab aero will not force the switches it needs to. Scarf shao is also a very big issue for you as you have 0 switch ins to it. This is up to you as you did say your ev spread was working but I strongly recommend changing forry to 252 def over spD so you can breath easier with mienshao.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)