ORAS OU The Roman Coliseum!! Conkeldurr Based Team

So i decided to make a team built around conkeldurr, one of my favorite OU pokemon, i spent a good hour working on it, tell me and changes i should make to make it better!

The Team:

Coliseum (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
•Conkeldurr has monstrous attack as well as good HP and physical bulk. The SpD investment as well as the assault vest patches up its weakness to special attack to make it last as long as possible. I gave it the Guts Ability to boost its attack if it ever gets a burn/paralysis/etc. Mach punch for STAB priority as well as Drain Punch for STAB and HP recovery. Knock off to get rid of those items that help out the opponents team and Ice punch for coverage

HondaCivic (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
•Heatran is my Special Wall as well as my rocks setter. Lava Plume so it doesnt get shut down completely by taunt, Toxic for stalling, and Roar to get pokemon attempting to set up out of there.

Lilly (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
•Clefable is the Physical Wall for this team, i gave it unaware to make all the opponents stat boosts void when clefable is in play. Moonblast for stab, Wish/Protect for HP restoration and Heal Bell to relieve any status conditions that the opponent may have inflicted on my team

Drill Em' (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
I needed a spinner for this team, i instantly thought excadrill. Excadrill is also my backup physical attacker and does work very well for inflicting good damage on the opponent. Rock Slide for coverage, Earthquake and Iron Head for STAB.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers (Recommended by Team Pokepals
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

•Rotom-W EV spread has 44 Speed to out speed Jolly Azumarill while being bulky to take some hits. Hydro Pump is have to be on Rotom-W. Volt Switch a slow switching move to scout or switch in safely into a different mon. Will-o-wisp is burning mons which can change the battle. Pain Split is recovery of Draining the opponents HP while recovering yours.

Infernus (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse Focus Blast
- Roost
•And to top it all off, Charizard-M(Y) is the mega for this team. This thing has monstrous SpA and good Speed, in conjunction with the Drought ability, its flamethrowers will do massive damage and Solarbeam is a must for Charizard to hit water types HARD. Focus Blast to counter Heatrans and Tyranitars and Roost to regain health to make it last as long as possible

Last edited:
I'm busy ATM, but one thing: dragon pulse will out damage hp fire for ice types on Latios. Hp fire does cover Steels that wall your set, so you could keep it, But Draco meteor or dragon pulse is probably a better choice to use if you run into an ice type. Still since heat ran can cover scizor and ferro and company, roost is > hp fire(sorry my post is badly worded hope you understood)

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
First thing I noticed is that over half your team can't do much at all to Heatran, and a solution to this would be running Focus Blast > Dragon Pulse on Charizard. Charizard can 2HKO Heatran with Focus Miss Blast, and opposing Heatran will have to rely on Toxic, Roar or Ancient power to fight off against Charizard. On Latios, you'll find that Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse will be more helpful because it hits so much harder.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 172-203 (56.7 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 261-308 (86.1 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

As you can see, Draco Meteor can actually kill Rotom-W in 1 shot, and that power boost will be much more helpful, especially against physically defensive pokemon. I like the idea of Tailwind, as it can give Charizard and Excadrill some much needed speed, and another great move that can be helpful is Roost. Water types like Starmie are a huge threat to your team, and for Keldeo, Latios is the best option to use against it. However, Latios can easily be worn down by taking several water attacks, Stealth Rock damage, and Life Orb, so Roost can help guarantee that Keldeo will be taken care of. Charizard Y can be a good option to use against Starmie because of the Drought, but there also lies the rare chance of Starmie having Thunderbolt, which would kill Charizard. One option that works against Starmie is Rotom-Wash > Excadrill and Defog > Tailwind/Roost. Rotom-W handles Starmie really well, and it also helps with your big water weakness. You also get an electric type to beat water types, and some momentum to potentially get some free switch ins. Since Excadrill is gone, Latios can be the new hazard remover and defog will allow Charizard to not lose half its health when it's sent out. Your team only has 1 physical attacker at this point and Earthquake > HP Fire on Latios can help your team be a little more physical. You can hit steel types like Heatran, and electric types like Raikou with more ease, and running earthquake also lets you keep your speed at 350 and not be forced to be outsped by other base 110s. Ferrothorn and Scizor are both taken care of by Heatran and Charizard, so there's no need for extra fire power when you have those 2. For Rotom-W, this set allows you to get a slow volt most of the time, and against other Rotom-Wash, so you can switch into something that has a good matchup against whatever your opponent switches to. Since you have another physical wall, you can allow Clefable to become a mixed wall to help against both physical and special attackers. This is the usual set for a mixed Clefable and allows it to help Rotom-Wash stop Starmie and other water types. I hope this helps ^_^

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 101-121 (33.3 - 39.9%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 92-109 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 175-207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Here are Suggestion to your Team. Dragon Pulse doesn't really help as you clefable and latios. I would replace it with Focus Blast to hit T-tar Heatran and etc. Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse to do more damage. Your Charizard is missing four EVs I would put them on Sp Def to take less SR damage by 1%, instead of taking 50% you'll only take 49%.

I honestly don't like Latios on this team. I'm with Pokepal's idea of Rotom-W to counter starmie a threat to your team. Or you could go with T-tar making a dual weather team giving Excadrill Sand Rush to sweep teams with sand up. Hope Helped :]

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Smooth Rock lets sand be up for awhile for a maximum of 8 turns. Ice Beam is for ground types such as Lando-T Garchomp and Gliscor. Pursuit is for traping the Lati twins. EQ is for electric types such as Mega Manectric and Magnezone. Fire Blast is for steel types such as skarmory and ferrothorn. EV spread is to Take as much attacks from the opponent as possible keeping t-tar alive for sand.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W EV spread has 44 Speed to out speed Jolly Azumarill while being bulky to take some hits. Hydro Pump is have to be on Rotom-W. Volt Switch a slow switching move to scout or switch in safely into a different mon. Will-o-wisp is burning mons which can change the battle. Pain Split is recovery of Draining the opponents HP while recovering yours.

Reactions: TPP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)