The UU Open IX - Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re : CBU and High Impulse

Situation : CBU and High Impulse struggled to find a suitable time during Round 6, with CBU notably saying he cannot play until Friday. They agreed to an extension and scheduled for 23:00 GMT+3 Monday. At that time, CBU was online on Smogtours, but did not check in with his opponent. High Impulse claims to have also been online and available to play, but neither party messaged the other. As per the new rules regarding favorable activity decisions (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3642760/#post-8529717), you must check in with your opponent. Both people failed to do so, and so this match will be flipped.

Result : CBU won the coinflip.
View attachment 267125
Lol what an embarrassment that is. CBU flat out lied about his activity - everyone knows idling on the server without contacting your opponent isn't the etiquette for for an activity clam on this site, yet CBU tried it anyway. It should be a tourban for lying in an attempt to go through.

He lied about being active and was originally given the win when he did not have grounds for it. It's cheating & the fact that you reversed your original decision proves this.

If this decision holds I'm walking from smogon. What a waste of time.

their scheduled time was monday, the screenshot shows High Impulse contacting CBU tuesday night and wednesday evening. CBU's inability to play past Monday is well documented.
CBU's inability to play past Monday is not documented at all, and in the screenshots I sent you, he asked me which day out of the extended period would be best. The only condition is that he would not be able to play before 23:00 GMT +3.

I would just like to point out that CBU's actions here are a complete disregard of Smogon tournament regulations and actually come under CHEATING in the Tournemant rules and general guidelines thread (below) and should as per smogon regulation, be worthy of a one year ban.

(Falsifying activity) https://puu.sh/GeQjj/0c6a8039f6.png

Furthermore, I followed up in the other two days after but he only decided to make a (false) activity post on Monday despite us both being available to play. The fact that a coinflip is the decision that TD's have deemed appropriate is actually baffling and in complete contradiction with Smogon 's own rules.

I hope this can be reviewed.

CBU's inability to play past Monday is not documented at all, and in the screenshots I sent you, he asked me which day out of the extended period would be best. The only condition is that he would not be able to play before 23:00 GMT +3.

I would just like to point out that CBU's actions here are a complete disregard of Smogon tournament regulations and actually come under CHEATING in the Tournemant rules and general guidelines thread (below) and should as per smogon regulation, be worthy of a one year ban.

(Falsifying activity) https://puu.sh/GeQjj/0c6a8039f6.png

Furthermore, I followed up in the other two days after but he only decided to make a (false) activity post on Monday despite us both being available to play. The fact that a coinflip is the decision that TD's have deemed appropriate is actually baffling and in complete contradiction with Smogon 's own rules.

I hope this can be reviewed.
tl;dr - You did bad, fix it

Don't you think you're being too harsh on boat? I am pretty sure that he wouldn't have made a decision without contacting multiple TDs (especially because this isn't R1, it's top 16) and even if CBU did do that on purpose, then the hosting shouldn't be blamed, but the rules themselves. Before calling him a liar or trying to make poorly photoshopped memes maybe you should realize that 1. this isn't something that he decided all by himself and 2. he has been a solid host all things considered.

Just don't be fucking dicks

Don't you think you're being too harsh on boat? I am pretty sure that he wouldn't have made a decision without contacting multiple TDs (especially because this isn't R1, it's top 16) and even if CBU did do that on purpose, then the hosting shouldn't be blamed, but the rules themselves. Before calling him a liar or trying to make poorly photoshopped memes maybe you should realize that 1. this isn't something that he decided all by himself and 2. he has been a solid host all things considered.

Just don't be fucking dicks
When you make egregious errors, you welcome any and all criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)