The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Round 1 [TBs at post #311/335]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely sad that India's run is over now but also happy that this is the farthest india has gone till now and it will only keep on getting better every year!(Which means next WCOP Poffs into winning it :afrostar:)
This was my first official tourney in which I went 1-0 with heat and must say was an insanely good experience and learned a lot of things about team tour's and environment around it,also with WCOP and being able to partner up with everyone from your own country is def another fun experience which none of the other officials can match,so glad this was the one I started off with :)

Now time for shoutouts:
freezai : Thx for carrying team India on your back two years in a row with double 3-0s and seeing you just destroy everyone with your offense was very fun and how much we all would get hyped up after the match,now go win this year's worlds and destroy vgc ppl too-Goatzai
pj : I may of gotten a bit mad at you during the psyspam game,but you were a really good motivation for the team throughout the tournament and was a very fun and encouraging person to chat and have fun with
RaJ.Shoot : Only two things to say: 1)Raj.Goat 2) Raj+ :sneasler: =gg,truly one of the greatest player I have ever seen that can comeback from any position and as long as you use sneasler,you will never lose
Blimax : At start I actually wasn't expecting you to help us much but you blew my expectation out of the park with how much you helped us in every aspect of the game from teams,prep,discussion,etc. and won the final game we needed to win to get into tiebreakers for top 8 and I know how much pressure you took for that match which is much appreciated
Floss : The match you won was epicly played and showed that you definitely deserved the OST Top 8 and definitely hope to see you 3-0 in the next WCOP you play
myjava : While this WCOP run was extremely unfortunate and I know you are sad with your result,remember you still won the only stour week you played and are like near undefeated in every side pl you play,so regardless of this WCOP result you are still the goat
So Noisy :You were an excellent manager for this WCOP and finally lifted the curse of us losing whenever you watched live and turned it into us winning whenever you watched and as the copypasta goes: " Contrary to his name, So Noisy is a soft-spoken player who is closely associated with the rise of Team India"
Piyush25 : The insane amount of teams you supplied for everyone to use every week was unmatched,easily the undisputed biggest helper in Team India paired with your goated gaming and stall goobage,you were the star of the team and would of went 3-0 if not for unfortunate timer issue
skimmythegod : While you may not of been able to help much mons wise,your chat presence and fun attitude was extremely appreciated
Dj Breloominati♬:You probs got the most frustrated because of me suggesting last minute set change advice,but hey eventually I stopped that!
Yippie :You are the true reason behind entire Team India's Success,I have never seen a person give 100% win rate just by sending one message to each player before their match like him,also your :garganacl: hating was definitely a treat to read every time,truly the goat!
The Message:
mav.jpg

Mario34 :Probably had the most fun time talking and cooking sets up with you,while you may not of gotten to play,just know you woulda 3-0d easily and the amount of help you did was really appreciated;tho one last thing:
Get rekt in no lifing WCOP:pimp:-
re1.png
re2.png

Savouras : You have always been willing to help me since the start of the gen to help me get more into tournaments and get better at various aspect of the mons and have become a fantastic friend in the process too and hope to keep on getting better :)
NOW FOR THE THING MOST OF YOU ARE WAITING FOR:

UXIE HO

After my match I got a lot of DM's asking for the team and to all I said,I will give it after WCOP so here it is:

https://pokepast.es/e58e4e8120f8972a

Explaining The EV's:
Dragapult: Lives scarf gholdengo shadow ball
252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 168 HP / 88 SpD Dragapult: 302-356 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Iron Valiant: 8 sp.def to live timid specs shadow ball from dragapult
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Iron Valiant: 244-288 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why Head Smash Hydreigon And Uxie?
Head Smash Hydreigon: Main goal is to have a way to let hydreigon kill itself after something activates its sash to prevent opponent from getting a ceasless edge,defog or rapid spin off and not allowing mons to freely come in and set up by keeping momentum with me,another use of it is to snipe off mons likes enamorus,zapdos and moltres.

:Uxie: : When I told my teammates I was gonna use this,most of them asked me why this over :mew: or :cresselia:?
Well here is the reason: cresselia doesn't have draining kiss so it has to run moonlight meaning it cannot run substitute and to compensate for that it has to run tera poison,so tldr it requires tera to function which I wasnt willing to lock in on a HO team whose whole dynamic revolves around precise tera on multiple options. For mew I just had one simple reason;It doesnt have levitate and has high base hp so it recovers less from draining kiss,not having levitate meant that it can't perma sit on pokemon like clodsire,great tusk,etc. which a tera fairy uxie could do and make them setup bots with substitute,and final reason being I wanted something heat for my debut game:quagchamppogsire:

BONUS TEAMS:
Even though these teams didn't end up getting used I beleive they are very good teams:
Went 15-1 on high ladder with this during the first week of WCOP: https://pokepast.es/9b190330758ed770
Didn't get time to test this match(5-1 on high ladder),but is a very good fat concept with Wish+Tran: https://pokepast.es/11e78760c2ef392c
Hazard Stack: https://pokepast.es/5f149afec80b6a3a
Thats all for now,wont post more since this isn't a team dump

YOUTUBE:
During this WCOP I decided to record Team India's WCOP Matches with my commentary,I just thought it would be fun for people to see the commentary of a game where the commentator knew the team being used and so I tried to catch as many games as possible and commentate them :)
I personally dont like uploading no effort raw vids so in each vid I have atleast spent 1.5 hours minimum on editing each vid and in some it also took me 3 hours,majority of the time went into cropping dead space and me trying to shorten the vid as much as possible and doing this was very fun,I will leave the playlist of the 9 videos I was able to make covering the games here if you guy's wish to watch it :
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ZR1ti69k-0BG1m9mE8XvoBDmMPlhqcL

Overall this was a very fun and learning experience and hope I get to do more of them in the future :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)