Thievul

Hey guys, this is my first contribution here! I think I covered most stuff about Thievul, but I feel as though I may need a little bit more. Not too sure. Anywho, any suggestions/errors pointed out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :)

name: E-vul Thievul
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Dark Pulse
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Psychic
item: Life Orb/Sitrus Berry
ability: Unburden
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Grass Knot rounds off Thievul's set as it’s movepool is relatively shallow, but is able to do decent damage to otherwise threats such as Tyranitar and other bulky ground/rock types. Dark Pulse in its self is an incredible STAB move with a possibility to flinch the target, as its sister move Psychic is ready to deal out a lot of damage to those pesky poison types like Toxapex, and of course many fighting types. Its ability, Unburden, is perfect for using Thievul as a trick-lead, able to setup in the first turn and get a speed boost after losing its Sitrus Berry. Thievul is also a very decent revenge killer; as it is able to outspeed many possible threats and hit hard, especially with its base 210 SpA being 2x due to a successful Nasty Plot, or 2.5x with the Life Orb for that extra kick, totaling up to a comfortable 525 SpA, which is perfect to deal with defensively bulky hazards. With a decent 306 speed stat, Thievul is a lower-tier SpA sweeper in the OU, able to outspeed many threats such as Conkeldurr, Sirfetch'd, and other slower fighting types, but is outclassed by Hydreigon and easily countered by other common threats such as Bisharp, Mimikyu, Mandibuzz, and many Choice Scarf sets. It has very low physical defense, so having a decent EV-boosted HP stat helps with the the usage of the Sitrus Berry/Life Orb, having Thievul survive and be able to continue to setup with Nasty Plot.

Possible suggested partners include Corsola-Galar, as it is a ghost type and immune to fighting AND has incredible bulk with its Eviolite spread. Dragapult is also a very handy ghost type Pokemon to use, as it can utilize its speed and physical attack to not only compliment the special attack of thievul, but outspeed and cover most threats that Thievul otherwise cannot handle on its own. A strong steel type like Excadrill, Corviknight, and Aegislash would be a good switch-in for an anticipated fairy-type move. Ditto is also a very common Pokemon to use with mostly any OU teams, as its coverage varies from match to match, making it a variable that works very well with a sweeping SpA spread such as this one. I've also found that Araquanid works VERY well as a partner to Thievul, as it is not only able to deal immense bug-type damage to resistant dark types such as Umbreon, and is able to hit special tanks very hard with its Liquidation spread.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[asshole, 459655]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not a QC member but I am pretty certain that Stakeout is currently unreleased for Thievul, meaning it can't be used on Pokemon Showdown.

I'm not a QC member but I am pretty certain that Stakeout is currently unreleased for Thievul, meaning it can't be used on Pokemon Showdown.
Hmm you are indeed correct, after a quick validation for the team it definitely is unreleased. What a bummer. I'll fix this right now. (weird, i could've sworn I've been using Stakeout this entire time. I was definitely using Unburden. really weird.)

EDIT: corrected

Last edited:

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey asshole, the QC team is gonna have to reject and reassign this analysis.

your writing showcases a lack of sufficient metagame knowledge to properly pull this off.

the analysis has an overtly positive tone for a non-factor Pokemon like Thievul, term usage and the analysis in general is all over the place; it requires a complete overhaul to even be close to what we'd want to upload to the Dex.

if you want to talk specifics, feel free to PM me or another member of the QC team, and we hope you continue to improve if you want to contribute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)