ORAS OU ThunderBird staraptor volt-turn team

Hello everyone,this is my first RMT and i decided to post this team that is about a rare pokémon in the actual meta but can make his job if get the chance.

Introduction

The team is a volt-turn focused on Choice Band staraptor and Choice Scarf keldeo,banded staraptor can break walls with ease with his awesome power,decent speed and high base power moves.

The Team

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Banded staraptor is the main star of the team,equiped with a choice band it can break even it's checks bar skarmory and has the chance to 2HKO the likes of spdef heatran /w rocks with brave bird and still have decent speed,the moves are the basic,Brave Bird and Double Edge are his main STAB attacks and hits very hard, Close Combat is for Steel/Rock types and U-turn to get momentum as staraptor force switches.

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is my mega evolution and my main skarmory and the rare doublade killer,i decided to use him because i needed a fast electric type that can generate fast momentum to bring staraptor and have good sinergy with him as they both force switches,the moves are the standard ones.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Because of the nature of mega-manectric and latias i needed to use keldeo to switch in bisharp,Scald has good chance to burn which helps a lot,Hydro pump hits hard and Icy wind has the speed drop that can help staraptor,choice scarf keldeo was chosen intead of CM or Specs because i needed a fast revenge killer and late game cleaner and since most people expect this to be Specs/CM i can get a surprise KO.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latias was chosen instead of latios because of healing wish and more passible bulk,defog cleans the field to staraptor since he's weak to rocks and healing wish provide a second life chance to the team and checks keldeo and some electric types.

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

At this point of the team i was needing to something that can damage jirachi as him can switch into staraptor fairly well,AV bisharp has the bulk that i needed to pursuit trap it, AV is very good to the likes of clefable/raikou as him takes boosted hits much better than the other sets.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

To finish the team i added landorus-t to complete the volt-turn,bulky land can set up rocks with ease,provide a slow u-turn and a check to zard-X,garchomp,excadrill,non ice punch mega medicham and opposing landorus-t,rocky helmet is used instead of leftovers because getting cheap damage is useful.

Threats

Mega Gardevoir: i don't have a good switch to mega garde,however it's hard to mega evolve her safely as it can only switch in landorus and manectric.

Raikou: it can be a pain to switch into as i have only bisharp to really deal with him but it has a hard time coming to the field.

Kyurem-B: again i don't have a good switch to him,my best try to survive is using bisharp,scarf kyurem are more easy to deal as i can pursuit trap but the life orb ones can give me trouble.

Conclusion
The team is very easy to use against balanced and stall teams,as staraptor can punch roles in the team without trouble,the bluff in the keldeo/staraptor can catch opponents off guard.

Exportable: http://pastebin.com/nAKB1qRk

Last edited:

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team you have there as Choice Band Staraptor is such a cool Pokemon. However, I think there are some weaknesses that could be patched. For one thing, as you mentioned, Fairy types are just super problematic due to the fact that you lack a resist. Another huge threat to this team is Mew, specifically the stallbreaking set. As you can tell, not much wants to take a Will-O-Wisp, and the Pokemon that can take a burn(Keldeo, Latias, Manectric) can't really hurt Mew for a ton of damage. Mega Sableye is a huge conundrum too for the same reasons as to why Mew is a nuisance. Keldeo can Scald burn both Pokemon, but because both Sableye and Mew are on defensively oriented teams, it's likely that your opponent will have some type of cleric with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy.

My first suggestion will be Heatran>Bisharp. Because you struggle with Stallbreaking Mew and Fairy types, I figured Heatran would be awesome for the team. Not only can it take a Will-O-Wisp, but the Magma Storm Heatran set would work, especially since you need something to deal with balanced/stall type teams. It can stall the heck out of Chansey since after you trap it, you can taunt and toxic it to death. In addition, you 2HKO Hippowdon with Magma Storm on the switch. It can also beat Mega Latias, Reflect type or no reflect type. If it Reflect Types you, you can hit it with an Earth Power, and if it doesn't, you can do what you should do against Chansey: trap it with Magma Storm, and Taunt Toxic it to death.

OTHER OPTIONS
After replacing Bisharp, you do lack a Pursuit Trapper, which is pretty detrimental considering you have a Keldeo+Mega Manectric core. Heatran is a nice Lati check, but it only takes a limited amount of Draco Meteors, which really blows. What you can do is Stealth Rocks Tyranitar>Landorus-T and Air Balloon>Leftovers on Heatran. This not only gives you a Pursuit trapper, but a Sand Rush Excadrill check as well. The only issue I have with this change is that Air Balloon is only used once, but it's up to you.

Good luck :]
IMPORTABLE
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

OR
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Ehy man :3
Honestly i think that this team is solid but there are things to improve. The first problem for this team is Kyurem B: you haven't really good switch in to it: Bisharp can switch but honestly can't really pressure it. Sablaye and in general Stall Team are annoying because can stop Manectric and Sablaye can wow Staraptor, your only switch to Sablaye is Keldeo but don't really break it. Now I give you some advice to try to improve this team.

My first suggest is to try Sword Dance Landorus: this team has problem against pokemon like Landorus-T and Garchomp because can check Staraptor really well, keldeo can help against it but can't switch in Ground Move. Landorus with Sword Dance can easily setup against Landorus and break it.

Honestly my second suggest is to use
Tyranitar > Bisharp Tyranitar is really good pokemon for this team, trap psychic pokemon like latias/tios and hit Chansey with Superpower. Choice Scarf isn't a bad option because gives you a revegekiller. Jirachi is another good option (if not the best) because gives you a switch in to Diancie and Gardevoir that can be annoying.

If you choose Jirachi an opinion is to use Latios > Latias because gives you a better offensive presence and because Jirachi has Healing Wish to support the team.

Specs Deo isn't a bad idea if you use Jirachi, because can pressure defensive things like Sablaye and Tangrowth/Alomomola that are annoying for this team.

Summary:
1) Tyranitar > Bisharp
2) Jirachi > Bisharp & Latios > Latias

Team Complete:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- roost
- Defog

Hope I help :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)