Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

[Lead / Physical Wall]
Aggron is used to set stealth rock, and get early picks on other leads with its high damage coverage attacks. He's great to pivot onto to absorb physical attacks and to prevent Togekiss from being killed by a powerful poison or steel-type attack. He's a looming threat to anything that doesn't resist his attacks and can even force switch-outs from Close Combat Infernapes and Lucario.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Toxic

[Support / Staller]
Togekiss is mainly used to remove entry hazards and status effects. Her flying type allows her to switch into spikes, toxic spikes, and sticky web, and then remove them. Air Slash is Togekiss's only attacking move, but it's no joke. Its stab combined with its 60% flinch rate from Serene Grace makes it a great tool for getting an extra turn or two to wear down your opponent with toxic. You can also switch into Togekiss from Haxorus or Espeon to prevent super-effective fairy, and dark type attacks respectively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

[Primary Revenge Killer]
Scarfed Haxorus is a terrifying opponent, it's an excellent revenge killer, and almost guaranteed to at least get one pick with its wide movepool. Outrage is Haxorus' most important move, it's120 BP and STAB let it OHKO almost all undefensive pokemon that don't resist it. Earthquake is a must-have move for any Pokemon who can get it, it's super-effectiveness against a whopping 5 type and 100 BP make it one of the most versatile physical moves. X-Scissor and Poison Jab are here for added type coverage against, Dark, Psychic, Grass, and most importantly Fairy. His resistance to fire makes him great to switch into from Mega-Arrgon if at risk of being hit by a Fire Blast, or Flamethrower.

Salazzle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave

[Sweeper / Secondary Revenge Killer]
Salazzle might seem like a strange pick on this team, as it gives the team a third ground weakness, a 4x's weakness to ground actually. But its ability to poison tanky steel types, high speed-tier, and extremely high Special Attack make it an extremely good set up for the late game poison stall. The general idea of this is that Salazzle will either Toxic to set up for the stall, or Nasty Plot for a sweep. Fire Blast + 1 Nasty Plot is enough to take down most tanky Grass and Steel-types, and Sludge Bomb is here to finish off weak enemies and hit Fire resistant Pokemon.

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat

[Teritary Revenge Killer/Anti-Chansey Grenade]
Infernape is the least important member of this team, but he's still important to making it work. Mach Punch is used to finish off enemies who've been whittled down by Toxic, it's boost from Iron Fist ensures that it'll be able to do this. Thunder Punch to hit Flying, and Water-types. Fire Punch is our main STAB move, and will be used to destroy those annoying Ghost-types. Most importantly, however, Close Combat is used to murder Chansey.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

[Main Staller/Cleric/Sweeper]
The backbone of this team, the stallin' queen, Espeon. Psychic is used to kill things, mostly Gengars. Calm Mind is just to apply some pressure, it rarely ever results in a sweep. The most important moves in this entire team are, Wish and Protect. Firstly Wish, it heals 50% of the recipient's max HP 1 turn after it's used. This can be used to get the focus shashed Pokemon back to full HP if it didn't activate or to safely go back into Togekiss if they set more entry hazards, or just to stall longer. Combining it with protect allows Espeon to heal herself safely, and stall longer. When the last one or two pokemon only have moves that deal less than 50% of Espeon's HP, it allows for infinite Calm Mind set up to finish them off. Also, Magic Bounce can prevent counter stalling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hi pocugon, before I start this rate I recommend you read the UU Viability Rankings Thread to get a better idea of what pokemon work well in UU, and check out the analyses for the pokemon you build with, as some of your sets are very unusual.

Espeon is generally unviable in UU, being outclassed by other psychic types offensively, and being unable to make good use of magic bounce due to it's poor bulk, and weakess to being pursuit trapped. It is also a poor wish passer due to its' 65 Base HP. As you are running a mono psychic set, it is also incredible prone to getting pursuit trapped by any Dark type, such as Scarf Krookodile or AV Bisharp.

Some of your other sets are also unviable, and I would recommend you start with looking at the analyses for them, such as Infernape, Haxorus and Togekiss (who absolutely needs roost on this set), while the Salazzle would appreciate a Z-Crystal and probably Hidden Power Grass over Toxic, and Aggron would much prefer a Specially Defensive EV Spread.

For this rate I decided to keep your Aggron-Mega, your Togekiss and your Infernape, but I have changed the rest of your pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So firstly, I made some set changes to every mon I kept, which I will briefly explain for you.

Minor Changes:

:aggron-mega:(set change)

:sm/aggron-mega:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So my first change was to make your Aggron a Rest-Talk set. As you have Togekiss as your fairy, the only other options for a wish passer would be Umbreon of Blissey. As you had a wish passer in your original build, I decided to keep a method of keeping your Aggron healthy for you. Curse + Iron Head allows Aggron to serve as a late game win condition for your team, while also giving you a way to deal with pokemon like Scizor even though you no longer have Fire punch. Iron Head is chosen over Heavy Slam due to it's more consistent power vs light pokemon such as Hydreigon and higher PP. Small quality of life change, is that you should run Sturdy as the pre-mega ability on this set, as it can come in handy in rare cases while the other abilities have no use on this set.

:togekiss:(set change)

:sm/togekiss:

Togekiss @ Metronome
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

In your original version of the team, you had a Defog togekiss, (which absolutely needed roost). Defog togekiss tends to have a bad matchup vs a lot of popular hazard setters however such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Nihilego, Aggron-Mega and Steelix-Mega, and is more of a last resort option for teams. Your team was also incredibly weak in the stall matchup so I instead changed this to a Stallbreaker set. This is a standard stallbreaker set, with Nasty plot to increase your Special Attack, Heal bell to remove statuses, roost to recover HP and Air Slash to abuse Serene Grace to flinch enemies while breaking them and prevent them damaging/statusing you or hazing/phazing you out, but with Metronome over leftovers, as it allows you to break through pyukumukku much easier, while the leftovers set needs to get 5 flinches in a row. This greatly improves your teams matchup vs stall, but it will still struggle vs teams featuring a Nihilego or Aerodactyl.

:infernape:(set change)

:sm/infernape:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off / Grass Knot

Your original Infernape set was unviable, however since I decided to keep Infernape on your team, I opted to run a Mixed Infernape Set here. This offers your team an immediate breaker compared to the previous set up mons, which is very hard to swap into due to strong coverage and mixed STABs hitting both special and physical walls. It can also help in the stall matchup, especially against team's lacking an Alomomola, due to it's insane coverage potentially 2HKOing every pokemon on the enemy team, while consistently forcing out Blissey (and Quagsire if carrying Grass Knot). The given EV spread maximises Infernape's speed while allowing it to OHKO a krookodile after an intimidate with close combat. Close combat and Overheat form Infernape's STAB pairing, with Overheat chosen over Fire blast due to better accuracy and higher base power. In the next slot, Gunk Shot is chosen to allow you to break fairies which would otherwise wall you such as Primarina and Altaria-Mega. In the last slot, both Slack off and Grass knot are options. Slack off gives you some longevity throughout the game, allowing you to abuse the many swaps you can force. Grass knot allows you to OHKO pokemon such as Quagsire and Swampert, and gives you a strong way of hitting hippowdon without lowering your SpA stat.

So now I had 3 empty slots to fill on your team. Firstly, I needed a new rocker. This trio of pokemon was also very weak to Moltres, and we still needed an electric immunity. Rhyperior therefore fitted nicely.

Major Change:

:rhyperior:(new pokemon)

:sm/rhyperior:

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Rhyperior offers you a new stealth rocker for the team. Thanks to it's typing, It can deal with pokemon such as Moltres and Rotom-Heat for your team, while also blocking volt switches from pokemon such as Manectric-Mega, and thanks to solid rock, takes less damage from HP ice from Manectric. The given EV spread gives you some offensive presence while giving you as much special defence as possible to allow you to better take these pokemon. Rock Blast is chosen as the Rock STAB over Stone Edge as it is more accurate, and can break sash leads such as Froslass. Earthquake is your standard Ground STAB. Finally, Toxic allows you to punish swap ins against you and cripple enemy pokemon, but Swords Dance could be run instead if you wanted more offensive presence, or Ice Punch to hit Gligar harder.

For your next pokemon, I wanted a form of speed control as your team was currently quite slow outside of Infernape. Hydreigon fit nicely, while giving you a Steel-Fairy-Dragon core along with Aggron-Mega and Togekiss. Scarf Hydreigon offers the team a lot a way to revenge kill pokemon, and clean weakened enemy teams, while also giving you a second ground immunity along with Togekiss.

Major Change:

:hydreigon:(new pokemon)

:sm/hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Fire Blast

Standard Scarf Hydreigon set, Dark pulse and Draco Meteor serve as your STAB moves, while Fire Blast hits steel pokemon, and noteably kills Scizor. U-turn allows you to preserve momentum against swap ins such as Sylveon and Primarina.

Finally, I needed a form of hazard removal for your team. At this stage, your team did not appreciate opposing Infernapes at all, nor Lucario. You also had no swap ins to Specs Primarina, although Infernape could potentially lure it in with Gunk Shot. Tentacruel therefore fit nicely, and also gave you some extra matchup vs Cobalion, which could be problematic if it came in on a Dark Pulse from Hydreigon.

Major Change:

:tentacruel:(new pokemon)

:sm/tentacruel:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Tentacruel fit nicely here as your form of hazard control, via rapid spin. The given EV spread allows you to outspeed Lucario for a fast haze before it hits you with a +2 attack, while maximising your bulk. Scald and Sludge bomb form your STAB attacks, with sludge bomb in particular being important to hurt primarina, while scald allows you to fish for burns against enemy pokemon and importantly deal with infernape. Haze allows you to clear enemy stat boosts, such as against pokemon like Cobalion, Infernape or Lucario. Black sludge allows you to passively regain HP, although Icium-Z can be used instead for a full heal from Z-Haze due to not having a z crystal on the rest of the team.

Final Team

:sm/aggron-mega: :sm/togekiss: :sm/infernape: :sm/rhyperior: :sm/hydreigon: :sm/tentacruel:
Click sprites for team importable.

Quick example replay of the team for you - Click for replay
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Togekiss @ Metronome
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off / Grass Knot

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Fire Blast

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Last edited:
Hi pocugon, before I start this rate I recommend you read the UU Viability Rankings Thread to get a better idea of what pokemon work well in UU, and check out the analyses for the pokemon you build with, as some of your sets are very unusual.

Espeon is generally unviable in UU, being outclassed by other psychic types offensively, and being unable to make good use of magic bounce due to it's poor bulk, and weakess to being pursuit trapped. It is also a poor wish passer due to its' 65 Base HP. As you are running a mono psychic set, it is also incredible prone to getting pursuit trapped by any Dark type, such as Scarf Krookodile or AV Bisharp.

Some of your other sets are also unviable, and I would recommend you start with looking at the analyses for them, such as Infernape, Haxorus and Togekiss (who absolutely needs roost on this set), while the Salazzle would appreciate a Z-Crystal and probably Hidden Power Grass over Toxic, and Aggron would much prefer a Specially Defensive EV Spread.

For this rate I decided to keep your Aggron-Mega, your Togekiss and your Infernape, but I have changed the rest of your pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So firstly, I made some set changes to every mon I kept, which I will briefly explain for you.

Minor Changes:

:aggron-mega:(set change)

:sm/aggron-mega:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So my first change was to make your Aggron a Rest-Talk set. As you have Togekiss as your fairy, the only other options for a wish passer would be Umbreon of Blissey. As you had a wish passer in your original build, I decided to keep a method of keeping your Aggron healthy for you. Curse + Iron Head allows Aggron to serve as a late game win condition for your team, while also giving you a way to deal with pokemon like Scizor even though you no longer have Fire punch. Iron Head is chosen over Heavy Slam due to it's more consistent power vs light pokemon such as Hydreigon and higher PP. Small quality of life change, is that you should run Sturdy as the pre-mega ability on this set, as it can come in handy in rare cases while the other abilities have no use on this set.

:togekiss:(set change)

:sm/togekiss:

Togekiss @ Metronome
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

In your original version of the team, you had a Defog togekiss, (which absolutely needed roost). Defog togekiss tends to have a bad matchup vs a lot of popular hazard setters however such as Cobalion, Terrakion, Nihilego, Aggron-Mega and Steelix-Mega, and is more of a last resort option for teams. Your team was also incredibly weak in the stall matchup so I instead changed this to a Stallbreaker set. This is a standard stallbreaker set, with Nasty plot to increase your Special Attack, Heal bell to remove statuses, roost to recover HP and Air Slash to abuse Serene Grace to flinch enemies while breaking them and prevent them damaging/statusing you or hazing/phazing you out, but with Metronome over leftovers, as it allows you to break through pyukumukku much easier, while the leftovers set needs to get 5 flinches in a row. This greatly improves your teams matchup vs stall, but it will still struggle vs teams featuring a Nihilego or Aerodactyl.

:infernape:(set change)

:sm/infernape:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off / Grass Knot

Your original Infernape set was unviable, however since I decided to keep Infernape on your team, I opted to run a Mixed Infernape Set here. This offers your team an immediate breaker compared to the previous set up mons, which is very hard to swap into due to strong coverage and mixed STABs hitting both special and physical walls. It can also help in the stall matchup, especially against team's lacking an Alomomola, due to it's insane coverage potentially 2HKOing every pokemon on the enemy team, while consistently forcing out Blissey (and Quagsire if carrying Grass Knot). The given EV spread maximises Infernape's speed while allowing it to OHKO a krookodile after an intimidate with close combat. Close combat and Overheat form Infernape's STAB pairing, with Overheat chosen over Fire blast due to better accuracy and higher base power. In the next slot, Gunk Shot is chosen to allow you to break fairies which would otherwise wall you such as Primarina and Altaria-Mega. In the last slot, both Slack off and Grass knot are options. Slack off gives you some longevity throughout the game, allowing you to abuse the many swaps you can force. Grass knot allows you to OHKO pokemon such as Quagsire and Swampert, and gives you a strong way of hitting hippowdon without lowering your SpA stat.

So now I had 3 empty slots to fill on your team. Firstly, I needed a new rocker. This trio of pokemon was also very weak to Moltres, and we still needed an electric immunity. Rhyperior therefore fitted nicely.

Major Change:

:rhyperior:(new pokemon)

:sm/rhyperior:

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Rhyperior offers you a new stealth rocker for the team. Thanks to it's typing, It can deal with pokemon such as Moltres and Rotom-Heat for your team, while also blocking volt switches from pokemon such as Manectric-Mega, and thanks to solid rock, takes less damage from HP ice from Manectric. The given EV spread gives you some offensive presence while giving you as much special defence as possible to allow you to better take these pokemon. Rock Blast is chosen as the Rock STAB over Stone Edge as it is more accurate, and can break sash leads such as Froslass. Earthquake is your standard Ground STAB. Finally, Toxic allows you to punish swap ins against you and cripple enemy pokemon, but Swords Dance could be run instead if you wanted more offensive presence, or Ice Punch to hit Gligar harder.

For your next pokemon, I wanted a form of speed control as your team was currently quite slow outside of Infernape. Hydreigon fit nicely, while giving you a Steel-Fairy-Dragon core along with Aggron-Mega and Togekiss. Scarf Hydreigon offers the team a lot a way to revenge kill pokemon, and clean weakened enemy teams, while also giving you a second ground immunity along with Togekiss.

Major Change:

:hydreigon:(new pokemon)

:sm/hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Fire Blast

Standard Scarf Hydreigon set, Dark pulse and Draco Meteor serve as your STAB moves, while Fire Blast hits steel pokemon, and noteably kills Scizor. U-turn allows you to preserve momentum against swap ins such as Sylveon and Primarina.

Finally, I needed a form of hazard removal for your team. At this stage, your team did not appreciate opposing Infernapes at all, nor Lucario. You also had no swap ins to Specs Primarina, although Infernape could potentially lure it in with Gunk Shot. Tentacruel therefore fit nicely, and also gave you some extra matchup vs Cobalion, which could be problematic if it came in on a Dark Pulse from Hydreigon.

Major Change:

:tentacruel:(new pokemon)

:sm/tentacruel:

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Tentacruel fit nicely here as your form of hazard control, via rapid spin. The given EV spread allows you to outspeed Lucario for a fast haze before it hits you with a +2 attack, while maximising your bulk. Scald and Sludge bomb form your STAB attacks, with sludge bomb in particular being important to hurt primarina, while scald allows you to fish for burns against enemy pokemon and importantly deal with infernape. Haze allows you to clear enemy stat boosts, such as against pokemon like Cobalion, Infernape or Lucario. Black sludge allows you to passively regain HP, although Icium-Z can be used instead for a full heal from Z-Haze due to not having a z crystal on the rest of the team.

Final Team

:sm/aggron-mega: :sm/togekiss: :sm/infernape: :sm/rhyperior: :sm/hydreigon: :sm/tentacruel:
Click sprites for team importable.

Quick example replay of the team for you - Click for replay
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Togekiss @ Metronome
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off / Grass Knot

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Fire Blast

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Thanks! I'll definitely give your ideas a try.

Hey pocugon I wanted to have a go of rating this team you got here. Overall I think you have the general components you want for a team e.g. Stealth Rock/Defog user, revenge killer, etc. However, I think it took a wrong turn mainly due to a lot of these sets not being viable enough to fulfill these roles. As Estarossa mentioned do check out the viability rankings as well as the Smogon Dex to help you get a hold of sets that are ideal to run on a Pokemon. I'm going to do my best to walk through my changes and explain them as best as I can.

Major Changes:

>
: Salazzle doesn't offer a whole lot to this team regardless of the set you would opt to run on it here. Rotom-H gives you a needed Flying-type resist to combat Togekiss and Moltres better while still retaining the much needed pivot into Scizor in order to take pressure off Mega Aggron being the main Latias switch-in. This will be your new form of hazard removal and I recommend using Thunder Wave to punish its switch-ins like Latias and Hydreigon to give Haxorus and Togekiss a better time sweeping.

>
: You lacked a Ground-type, which is really nice for stopping Volt Switch spam. Nidoqueen fulfills this for the team and gives a way to handle Fairy-types, Primarina in particular. Toxic Spikes support works nicely alongside Haxorus giving it a much easier time to break. Nidoqueen also gives you a check to Cobalion and Terrakion, which you currently lack a response to.

>
: Espeon isn't viable in this tier so I removed it for this reason. Alomomola works decently well in this last slot because it can provide so much utility for your teammates. The Wish support is amazing for Mega Aggron, Nidoqueen, and Rotom-H to perform the roles they need to better. Scald allows you to punish Terrakion and Cobalion, which are nuisances even with Nidoqueen being a good check to the two. Knock Off is still a decent option you can try, but it will worsen these matchups so feel free to test around.

Minor Changes:

(Move Change): Minor change but Rock Slide isn't needed so I suggest you use Roar instead. Roar stops threats like Scizor, Latias, etc. using Aggron as set up fodder so easily + it works great alongside Toxic Spikes as you can force in a Pokemon to get poisoned. Also max SpD is better on Aggron for it to better handle Latias and Celebi.

(Set Change): You don't need this defensive defog set anymore so I changed this to Choice Scarf Togekiss instead. This gives you speed control while maintaining the Heal Bell support for Haxorus etc. I opted for Roost in the last slot to give it the recovery it wants to check Krookodile and Hydreigon, which is great if you can afford to Trick away your scarf.

(Set Change): Haxorus is a really subpar Scarf user. Using Dragonium Z in conjunction with Swords Dance makes it a very scary breaker that can dismantle Stall and Balance teams.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you like and give these changes a try. I couldn't really keep this as offensive as you originally had but I stuck to the Toxic 'stalling' aspect for this version with the incorporation of Toxic Spikes here. As far as threats go, Lucario is rather annoying to deal with but it can't freely set up against everything bar Alomomola (Only if its a Nasty Plot set) so just play around this Pokemon carefully and minimize the number of chances it can get. Anyways good job on the original team, just take some time to optimize your sets and be a bit looser with sticking to some of these roles and your teams will start coming together smoothly ^_^

Hey pocugon I wanted to have a go of rating this team you got here. Overall I think you have the general components you want for a team e.g. Stealth Rock/Defog user, revenge killer, etc. However, I think it took a wrong turn mainly due to a lot of these sets not being viable enough to fulfill these roles. As Estarossa mentioned do check out the viability rankings as well as the Smogon Dex to help you get a hold of sets that are ideal to run on a Pokemon. I'm going to do my best to walk through my changes and explain them as best as I can.

Major Changes:

>
: Salazzle doesn't offer a whole lot to this team regardless of the set you would opt to run on it here. Rotom-H gives you a needed Flying-type resist to combat Togekiss and Moltres better while still retaining the much needed pivot into Scizor in order to take pressure off Mega Aggron being the main Latias switch-in. This will be your new form of hazard removal and I recommend using Thunder Wave to punish its switch-ins like Latias and Hydreigon to give Haxorus and Togekiss a better time sweeping.

>
: You lacked a Ground-type, which is really nice for stopping Volt Switch spam. Nidoqueen fulfills this for the team and gives a way to handle Fairy-types, Primarina in particular. Toxic Spikes support works nicely alongside Haxorus giving it a much easier time to break. Nidoqueen also gives you a check to Cobalion and Terrakion, which you currently lack a response to.

>
: Espeon isn't viable in this tier so I removed it for this reason. Alomomola works decently well in this last slot because it can provide so much utility for your teammates. The Wish support is amazing for Mega Aggron, Nidoqueen, and Rotom-H to perform the roles they need to better. Scald allows you to punish Terrakion and Cobalion, which are nuisances even with Nidoqueen being a good check to the two. Knock Off is still a decent option you can try, but it will worsen these matchups so feel free to test around.

Minor Changes:

(Move Change): Minor change but Rock Slide isn't needed so I suggest you use Roar instead. Roar stops threats like Scizor, Latias, etc. using Aggron as set up fodder so easily + it works great alongside Toxic Spikes as you can force in a Pokemon to get poisoned. Also max SpD is better on Aggron for it to better handle Latias and Celebi.

(Set Change): You don't need this defensive defog set anymore so I changed this to Choice Scarf Togekiss instead. This gives you speed control while maintaining the Heal Bell support for Haxorus etc. I opted for Roost in the last slot to give it the recovery it wants to check Krookodile and Hydreigon, which is great if you can afford to Trick away your scarf.

(Set Change): Haxorus is a really subpar Scarf user. Using Dragonium Z in conjunction with Swords Dance makes it a very scary breaker that can dismantle Stall and Balance teams.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you like and give these changes a try. I couldn't really keep this as offensive as you originally had but I stuck to the Toxic 'stalling' aspect for this version with the incorporation of Toxic Spikes here. As far as threats go, Lucario is rather annoying to deal with but it can't freely set up against everything bar Alomomola (Only if its a Nasty Plot set) so just play around this Pokemon carefully and minimize the number of chances it can get. Anyways good job on the original team, just take some time to optimize your sets and be a bit looser with sticking to some of these roles and your teams will start coming together smoothly ^_^
I appreciate the advice. I really like the idea of using Roar and Toxic Spikes in conjunction, I'll make sure to try some of this stuff out when I have time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)