Gen 3 TriBand; The God Team

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
TRIBAND; THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

Usually I only make RMTs when I really need to. This one, however, is more of a “fun” team. I spent a while creating this
and even if it might not be the best or the most serious team, it’s still is pretty fun to use

1566429567684.png

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Dugtrio is an incredibly crucial member of this squad. Putting it in the lead slot is questionable, but if someone leads off with something like Metagross or Tyranitar, they lose one of the most important members on thier team. It has some weak matchups against for example, Skarmory, which it fails to dent, even with CB. Dugtrio supports everything on the team, pretty much, and can carry it’s own weight. It’s probably the MVP of the team. However, like many of the team, it struggles against water types, but I’ll get to that later.

Steelix @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVS: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

The third member of the CB squad, is the steel snek, Steelix. First I want to talk about what would be rather odd
for something as slow as Steelix, but its the jolly nature and 156 speed investment. Those are for Blissey. Being able to get the jump on Blissey means another victim for it’s mighty earthquakes. STAB earthquake boosted further by earthquake is pretty powerful, even coming off Steelix’s pretty mediocre attack stat. Definitely not the strongest pokemon on the team, but will most times tear a nasty hole in the opponent’s team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

- Brick Break

The final banded mon on the team is Tyranitar. It is a pretty strong pokemon, but the main point of this set is to bait out Gengar using Dugtrio locked into earthquake then kill it by pursuit trapping it. Yeah, it is a CB mon, but I mean, 52 SpAtk lets you kill the biggest threat to this team, so sacrificing a move slot for a special move is fine, I guess. Sanstorm chip is also pretty useful.

WATER BREAK! (bad pun ik)

It’s about time we cover this team’s crippling water weakness. But I’d like to introduce these next two pokemon, designed to deal with waters like Swampert, Suicune, and Starmie. Lets start with the pokemon I added to overwhelm waters with offense

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 24 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Will-O-Wisp

This Gengar set is kind of strange. Why defense EVs? Well, the heavily calculated EVs are so it can live a banded Metagross’s meteor mash and will-o-wisp is back so Dugtrio can switch in safely too. But the main purpose of Gengar is to eliminate weakened water types. I was thinking about running giga drain, but I need all the power I need against Swampert, because it can destroy my team if not checked.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

- Soft-Boiled

This Blissey’s EVs are also very heavily calced because of DD Mence. DD Mence would 6-0 my team easily without Blissey. The defense EVs guarantee I get 3HKOed by any move it throws at me and and SpAtk EVs allow me have a 100% chance to OHKO with ice beam. Calm mind is also pretty decent because it helps me dish out more damage and be unkillable on the special side. Thunder is kind of weird, but Blissey needs all the power against pokemon like Suicune, who are bulky as hell.

NOW BACK TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 208 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic

- Explosion

The final pokemon is the hazard machine Forretress. This pokemon provides hazard control and hazards itself. With the EVs I put, it can be faster than Claydol and boom on it so it can’t get rid of it’s spikes. Not much to say, really. Pairs well with Gengar too, since, you know, spinblocking, and spikes really help out Tyranitar and Steelix.

THANKS FOR READING/RATING

cya lel

Blissey: Give it 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA bold to increase physical bulk and the chance to one-shot Salamence.

Forretress: I think you should replace toxic with earthquake so you can nail Magneton on the switch. Also what are the 32 Atk and careful for? If you tell me, then I'm pretty sure I can come up with a better EV spread for you.

Steelix: Why not use Metagross, which has significantly stronger physical attack and is less weak to water?

Metagross @ choice band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant nature
- explosion
- meteor mash
- rock slide
- earthquake

If you want to lure Blissey, then may I recommend choice band Swampert? Like Metagross, Swampert has stronger physical attack and is less weak to water. Like Steelix, Swampert has STAB earthquake. Additionally, Blissey is more likely to stay in against Swampert because Blissey can use toxic or grass hidden power to 1v1 most Swamperts. Swampert can't learn explosion, unfortunately.

Swampert @ choice band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant nature
- brick break
- hidden power [flying]
- rock slide
- earthquake

If you still want to keep Steelix for some reason, then I think you should replace double-edge with hidden power (either flying or bug) to hit grass. You should also give it 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe adamant to hit harder while still outspeeding Blissey.

Last edited:

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
Blissey: Give it 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA bold to increase physical bulk and the chance to one-shot Salamence.

Forretress: I think you should replace toxic with earthquake so you can nail Magneton on the switch. Also what are the 32 Atk and careful for? If you tell me, then I'm pretty sure I can come up with a better EV spread for you.

Steelix: Why not use Metagross, which has significantly stronger physical attack and is less weak to water?

Metagross @ choice band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant nature
- explosion
- meteor mash
- rock slide
- earthquake

If you want to lure Blissey, then may I recommend choice band Swampert? Like Metagross, Swampert has stronger physical attack and is less weak to water. Like Steelix, Swampert has STAB earthquake. Additionally, Blissey is more likely to stay in against Swampert because Blissey can use toxic or grass hidden power to 1v1 most Swamperts. Swampert can't learn explosion, unfortunately.

Swampert @ choice band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant nature
- brick break
- hidden power [flying]
- rock slide
- earthquake

If you still want to keep Steelix for some reason, then I think you should replace double-edge with hidden power (either flying or bug) to hit grass. You should also give it 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe adamant to hit harder while still outspeeding Blissey.
oh yeah, forgot to explain. I actually changed them to speed evs so i could outspeed claydol and bring in something to revenge kill without having my spikes spun away

oh yeah, forgot to explain. I actually changed them to speed evs so i could outspeed claydol and bring in something to revenge kill without having my spikes spun away
So you changed the spread to something other than 252 HP / 32 Atk / 208 Spe careful? What is it now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)