SM Ubers Ubers Stall team (v1)

Gen 7 Uber Stall Team

Ahhh, stall! everyone hates it, hates playing it, and hates seeing it. This is why some people play ubers, as it's such a fast-paced tier. Even the slower and bulkier mons, like lugia, aegislash, and ho-oh have very viable and threatening offensive sets. Stall is rarely seen in uber without a semi before it, if at all. But here is a full stall team, working together to make your opponent rage like a butthurt 7-year-old.

681-shield.gif

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield
Aegislash, with its combination of king's shield, toxic, and substitute, gets a great stall, and can hit up to 50% hp with a single toxic, while recovering hp with leftovers, especially against physical attackers like rayquaza, mega kangaskhan, and more. Shadow ball is good coverage and hits other ghost types, and psychic types for good damage. Aegislash can tank a lot of special attacks, and walls most physical attacks with king's shield. Aegislash needs to beware of primal groudon - but Arceus-water has a full defense investment to switch into as well, and, if worse comes to worst, a multiscale friend in lugia to escape into. Wishes are appreciated.

493-water.gif

Arceus-Water @ Splash plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
Arceus-water is pure utility. At low hp, it can take a wish from chansey on a switch in. It can defog rocks so that it doesn't take damage - dialga should live long enough to come back in later. Toxic/recover stalls more offensive threats, and judgement is its most powerful move. Arceus-water is the main core that keeps the team running.

483.gif

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Roar
Dialga is the lead - and all those switches that chansey/giratina will be forcing will add up. Roar adds into this combo, dragging out mons that don't like stealth rocks very much. Toxic plays into this toxic stall team (though it doesn't like to toxic physical attackers, as WOW is better for them, and can't toxic steel types). Fighting types force it into giratina, and ground types force it into lugia, and because of this, I'm not running chople/shuca berry. Draco Meteor is its hardest hitting attack, and, since it's more of a staller, doesn't need tons of spatk after the first one anyway.. Chansey's wish passing is great for dialga, as she gives it some source of recovery other than leftovers.

487.gif

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Hex
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
Giratina's access to WOW makes it deadly against physical attackers - and once they're neutralized with WOW, they'll be more susceptible to hex, as well as weaker against Chansey. She will be OK against these physical attackers (unless they're fighting, in which case giratina can stay in), and obviously she will wall special attackers. The combo with chansey and giratina is a nice one.

249.gif

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Aeroblast
Lugia's outstanding ability paired with a good movepool make it a nice check to things like Mega Lucario and Arceus, both of whom pressure chansey, making it harder to get wishes passed, and both of whom have access to swords dance. Lugia's investment outspeeds all invested mons at 90 speed, getting a toxic in before they can retaliate. Max hp allows for good bulk, and 8 spatk for extra damage on aeroblast, making the crits more deadly. The rest goes into defense.

113.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
Chansey passes wishes on to the rest of the team that doesn't have reliable recovery (sometimes giratina is at too low hp or against a bigger opponent to rest). She heal bells for the rest of the team, softboiled for things that do consistently 50% (groudon-P), and seismic toss for a reliable source of damage. She can't go up against mega gengar, who this team is weak to in general, but mega gengar can't hurt her, so she can get a free wish pass to whomever she pleases. Since most of her teammates have toxic, she can afford to forego it.

201.gif

QUESTIONS:
1. Do I add a Ho-oh in place of Giratina for regenerator, with scouting and access to sacred fire burn? If so, AV or lefties?
2. Are there any mons that I may run into that will beat my team 10 times out of 10?
3. What other things are changeable?
4. Should I just put stealth rock on Chansey and replace Dialga with a different mon?

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Chansey is only used on stall teams if you have Alolan Muk, since otherwise you lose 100% of the time to Mega Gengar. If you don't have Alolan Muk switch Chansey for Blissey. Dialga isn't really viable on stall teams since it doesn't do well against dedicated SR leads that if not countered can ruin your team. Finally Judgement doesn't change types unless you have a plate.

Chansey is only used on stall teams if you have Alolan Muk, since otherwise you lose 100% of the time to Mega Gengar. If you don't have Alolan Muk switch Chansey for Blissey. Dialga isn't really viable on stall teams since it doesn't do well against dedicated SR leads that if not countered can ruin your team. Finally Judgement doesn't change types unless you have a plate.
Would you have me replace Dialga with Alo-muk?

Hi, MarcoYolo

Your team looks great, but I do not consider it a stall for things like Dialga. I have seen that before you wore Waterceus with Waterium Z. It is better that way with the change you have been told. And yes, the change of Dialga by Muk-alola could be considered good, since this pokémon thanks to the double cattle type brakes MGengar, Mewtwo / Mewtwo-Y / Deoxys-A, Speed / Lunala and Xerneas among others. Your AV set is the most recommended. Now, I think it can be improved a little more from here. I observe that you do not occupy the mega, you play without the power of a mega and that in Stall is strange. I understand that you may have wanted to innovate or cover more of Xerneas with Aegislash. You already have several answers to remove it. Well, in order I will try to help you in what I can.

· Aegislash < MSableye -> Sableye is the mega par excellence in full stalls teams like yours. If you want to have a greater control / domain is the best option. Sableye will also give you good match up and great defensive synergy. Seeing that you already have a form of Arceus and Lugia, only this is missing. With Magic Bounce you can press any SR or Spikes user.

· Lugia -> It's okay as you carry it, but I do not think Sub goes well there. There are things that you can take advantage of that you do not wear WhirlWind, for example to try to win. For such a defensive team the best thing would be that little change. Aeroblast stab very well thought out, I like it.

As a second tip you could try the following; Pass the form from Arceus (Water) to Ground and the Dialga or Muk-alola by Ferrothorn. It is what has the variety / diversity in such good teams. You would continue with good support or synergy and you would gain a user of either SR or Spikes. That by the way, if you want to combine you can take in Chansey + Ferro Spikes, as long as you try with the next change.

That's all, if you consider it a good idea when you have time you can see that this happens with each of the changes. You maintain the identity of the spam status, which gradually wears out the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)