Undefeated Team

With this team i am 15-0 on shoddy with, but some wins were with luck, i wana know any changes that can make my team better, thanks:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Nature: Adament
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs/252Atk/252Hp/6S.Def
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

My lead and this guy is just a plain beast. STAB pursuit is the best thing ever, this thing gives alot of people trouble.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
Evs/252Spe/252S.Atk/6HP
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-HP-Ice

Ok this guy doesn't last long because of LO and sandstorm but i love the ability to change attacks and he atleast takes out 2-3 pokes if i use him right..and i normally do.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Evs/252HP/128Atk/128Def
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion

Great support for my team, gets SR up and put them to sleep. And i like explosion>EQ because i can really cripple walls with it and most dont have it so its somewhat surprising.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
Evs/252 HP/152 Def/4 Spd/6 SAtk/96 SDef
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Hp-Electric

Ok so since i dont have a sleep absorber im really tempted to make it a restalk but i have another idea for that. Having a another sleep user really helps out have zong dies this thing is a pain to bring down and takes special hits great.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Guts
Evs/104HP/252Atk/154Spe
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk

Ok this is how i was gona handle my sleep absorber problem, i havent tried it out but thought this might work. Only thing is im limited by CB but if anyone has used it lmk how it worked.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs/252Atk/252Spe/6HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

Ahh and the beast that finishes them off, bring this guy in late game and sweep away. Especially if sandstorm is up this guy is hard to even touch.

And that's it rate away and fix anything that needs to be, thanks.

Expert Belt is a good idea on Gengar if you're worried about it going down too fast from secondary damage.

Yea thats a good idea but with him i dont get that many SE hits as they normally switch but idk its a good idea ill give it a try, thanks.

Pheonix: You seem to be mistaken... recovery is not a requirement to be a wall... Swampert would gladly agree with me.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really do like the offense this team brings to the table. It may not be the most "balanced" team in terms of attacking Pokemon, as it seems to be one of those with plenty of good OverUsed Pokemon that are offensively dangerous. Tyranitar, Garchomp, Gengar and Heracross may not be the most common set of Pokemon together, but they certainly devistate one's team that has trouble with any one of these Pokemon. Bronzong and Milotic seems a like a fantastic pair together: One allows you to create advantage and stop threats such as Garchomp and Mamoswine dead in their tracks, while the other covers for the latter's weaknesess in stopping Infernape and Heatran.

I would swap Hidden Power [Electric] in for Hypnosis on Milotic. Let's face it, you don't need two Pokemon with Hypnosis. Hidden Power [Electric] will stop Gyarados from setting up on you (which I don't see as a problem). The EV spread may be the standard, but I think it's a little outdated. I much prefer the Earthworm spread that was posted some time ago: 252 HP/152 Def/4 Spd/6 SAtk/96 SDef. Because this is your main special wall, I would assume that more special defense would make more sense.

This doesn't mean Stone Edge is useless on your Garchomp, as you can still use it for the Gyarados switch in, and more importantly Zapdos.

Consider the standard (and more effective) EV spread as oppose to your current one. Here it is: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/98 SDef. However, I would use a Relaxed Bronzong and switch the defense and special defense EVs around.

Finally, Choice Band Heracross with an Adamant nature?! Personally, I would add Jolly over Adamant so you can outrun Lucario / Heatran and the like. It's also going to outrun Life Orb Salamence who usually sit at 270 speed. Oh, and I would use Sleep Talk over Night Slash. Taking the opposing Hypnosis / Sleep Powder helps your Guts trait anyway.

Taylor thinks for the help, ill try that zong set and with the milotic set you gave is that a 2HKO on Dos with only 6 in S.Atk? and changed heracross ro jolly, thanks.

it seems like another bronzong with lum berry will be really tough for you to take down. if you lose garchomp before it dies, you will have trouble. Even the garchomp will have trouble with it since fire blast will not OHKO.

rayford: while thats true, if he has the standard EQ/Gyro B the only two he could really do some damage to is Tar and Gar, while it might not be the best coutner i normally bring in milotic bc it can recover any of the moves Zong would do and surf it to death.

Bronzong seems to be a main staple to this team. It's a shame if you were to explode too early, leaving everyone vulnerable to a multitude of sweepers, such as Garchomp, Gengar, and Mamoswine.

I reccomend trying out a SleepTalking set, and then ditching Sleep Talk on Heracross for Facade(hopefully with the adamant nature, which it needs to guarantee some much-needed 2HKOs). This could help for Gliscor, since he walls the majority of your team.

A BP set could especially give you trouble, since you have no phazer/ hazer. Gengar could possibly come in on Swords Dance Variants, but Rock Polish will leave you in the dust. Milotic won't be able to touch Gliscor with it's superior speed. I guess Haze could work on Milotic, but it's hard to give up a slot. Maybe ditch Hypnosis on it and give it to Gengar over HP Ice.

An easy way to fix the Garchomp problem would be to use a Naive nature on your own Garchomp. a Spread of 240 atk/ 252 Speed/ 16 SpA would do, give you 499 speed and an even 200 Sp. attack. Since that will be your primary dragon killer, that gives you more of a reason to ditch HP Ice on Gengar for Hypnosis. I would also go with Dragon Claw over Stone Edge, since Outrage usually hits harder, and even if it doesn't, it hits hard enough.

Watch out for Gyarados. You'll probably end up switching out against a starting on as he DDs, being able to threaten everything very early on. of course, he has a limit of 3 attacking moves, and then two if he uses Taunt. But you may have to resort to Bronzong Exploding then, and it's not uncommon for Gyarados to be followed by Garchomp, which would proceed to give your team trouble, especially the Yache-variant. Of course, your Garchomp stops those, but then opposing Scarfs would still give u problems, especially if they win the speed tie. but with my suggestions, and possibly HP Electric on Milotic, this could definately be a top-tier team.

Articanus: thanks for the comments they help alot, this is how i plan on solving them: replacing bronzong with swampy

Swampert@ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
Evs/240HP/216Def/48S.Atk/4Atk
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-Stone Edge

Now this sucks i have no STAB moves but heres what it does, coutners my Gyra problem, sets up SR Roar to prevent BP set up and i take off ice beam on Milotic and replace it with HP-electric and give IB to Swampy. This would seem to solve all my problems i pointed out however leaving my team open to Roserade, Celebi, and Mixape. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

hey man, dont worry bout roserade/celebi you got heracross for that. For mixape maybe put starmie?? he can resist fire+fighting and is faster than mixape so even if mixape masty plots, he cant kill starmie on a switch in cuz starmie is faster (mixape using non-nasty plotted g-knot wont ohko starmie). to be honest i was never a fan of starmie but he would be nice to put in here for a gyarados counter, which you lack a bit. He can recover too for healing and further use.

Plus, since he can absorb status too from natural cure so you can edit the heracross set and take off rest talk for other options

It's probably not advisable to do so as that leaves you pretty Mamoswine weak (Swampert can probably only take 2-3 EQs and has no recovery). Honestly I'd just add HP Electric on Milotic, as 2 Hypnosises are unneccessary. Give Bronzong a screen, or another attack as Exploding it leaves you horribly Mamoswine weak.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Swampert doesn't counter gyarados that well. Pert's attack isn't too great, and if gyara switches in on you, you have a -1 attack and iirc stone edge is only a 3-4hko. HP electric would work much better but yea, you can fit that in on milotic over hypnosis. You don't want two sleep inducers anyways.

With this team i am 15-0 on shoddy with, but some wins were with luck, i wana know any changes that can make my team better, thanks:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs/252Atk/252Hp/6S.Def
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

My lead and this guy is just a plain beast. STAB pursuit is the best thing ever, this thing gives alot of people trouble.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Evs/252Spe/252S.Atk/6HP
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis

Ok this guy doesn't last long because of LO and sandstorm but i love the ability to change attacks and he atleast takes out 2-3 pokes if i use him right..and i normally do.

your swampert is fine.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb: Bold
252 Defense, w/e with the other 256
Surf
Hidden Power[Electric]
wish
Protect

Heracross @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Evs/104HP/252Atk/154Spe
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Facade

Ok this is how i was gona handle my sleep absorber problem, i havent tried it out but thought this might work. Only thing is im limited by CB but if anyone has used it lmk how it worked.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs: 240 atk, 252 spd, 16 spA
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast

Ahh and the beast that finishes them off, bring this guy in late game and sweep away. Especially if sandstorm is up this guy is hard to even touch.

And that's it rate away and fix anything that needs to be, thanks.
Roserade: Stopped by Garchomp and both STAB are resisted by gengar, not to mention that Gengar isn't weak to any of a Roserade's standard moves.

Celebi: Heracross can take T-waves and OHKO through a Reflect.

Infernape: Garchomp, but I added Vaporeon with extra wish support to help gengar who dies from SS and LO.

thanks guys for you help, im gona replace hypnosis with HP electric on Milotic.

Articanus: if i take out sleep talk on on cross i have no sleep absorber, for now im gona leave that. Bronzong really helps my team so i dont want to replace him so im leaving him and keeping HP-ice on Gar to handle dragons. And was thinking of using the brightpowder set for chomp since i have sandstorm going anyone have success with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)