UU Snake Draft IV - Commencement Thread

Perhaps I am more likely to be drafted in UUSD, but it is very sad that few people want to be supported by me.
My team may be different from the standard ones, but it is designed to enable consistent wins against popular builds and tactics, and to be effective with simple tactics and usage. udongirl theory will hopefully become the norm in UU after UUSD.

NHelioX7

PUPL Champion
Perhaps I am more likely to be drafted in UUSD, but it is very sad that few people want to be supported by me.
My team may be different from the standard ones, but it is designed to enable consistent wins against popular builds and tactics, and to be effective with simple tactics and usage. NHelioX7 theory will hopefully become the norm in UU after UUSD

My team may be different from the standard ones, but it is designed to enable consistent wins against popular builds and tactics, and to be effective with simple tactics and usage. udongirl theory will hopefully become the norm in UU after UUSD.
I will use any choice specs mon you give me bestie :), udongirl theory >> theory of gravity

Perhaps I was lucky to be chosen as manager in UUSD, but it is very sad that few people want to be managed by me.
I might not be active at all compared to the standard managers, but I'm NOT designed to enable consistent wins against popular teams and tactics, and to be effective with simple tactics and usage. Highways theory will hopefully become the norm in management after UUSD

hs

Banned deucer.
1- Sages (Dragon's Den Dragonairs): look at their first players and look at the rest of the team's first players and tell me this is a losing team.
2- IP's (Tohjo Fall Dragonites): great managing pair of two washed and BAD players. the draft reminds me of ayrton senna's last race, with a good start (at the first 4 or 5), but perhaps things might've taken a different course if the responsible weren't as negligent (enough to miss a picking opportunity). but as things occurred, a slight disaster was not unexpected. it is a good enough team though.
3- Avarice's (Lake of Outrage Sandacondas): i don't want to comment on this chernobyl looking aahss team, pdt and luthier are gonna have to perform jesus in the bible-like miracles here. still we outclass the competition by far because highways and avarice combined their last two brain cells and worked decently enough to get some old gen touch in heysup and tnunes.
4- Lily's (Paniola Primarinas): honestly team does not look bad but lacks a slight touch. their performance might be dependent on whether or not finch is gonna be hopping on the uu discord after the game to comment on how the turn 34 toxic miss could've altered reality. overall trustworthy players to get some wins there, but seem to have too much of a separated team dynamic to me.
5- Umbry's (Violet City Vtubers): this team has got the italian chaotic vibe of either going last or getting poffs and winning/losing semis at least. none other options are viable for them. lots of names to prove themselves there and i'm all for it.
6- Askov's (Ascovillains): good 3 starters, then i feel like their brain ran out of oxygen and stopped working after getting a coinflip in lax and being told that he would not play after his 1st scl game (which luckily turned out pretty successful for them as my guy said he's fine with it). they ended with a fine cg draft but not sure where they're going with their og's. definitely not some good places.
7- BB Skarm's (Wild Wordle Wurmples): the wordle on the team's name is fitting here, i feel like they just started pressing random words and got some players there. their team has got a whopping 5 wins in uu team tournaments combined throughout all players and all of them are liam's, who must carry them in the back every week. they even made sure to get some dental hygiene tool in floss, but despite the effort, they're still getting (mouth)washed.
8- Dunoks's (Ceruledge of Tomorrow): even a soup letter could've drafted better names for a team. bros drafted hantsuki as one of their best players, who's definitely not giving a fuck and is gonna be sabotaging the team almost at the same level the managers did. if the icebeamer still has that vets spirit on him, he can push them a little further up to the 7th place on the sheet.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
some prs/team overviews below!

dragonites: 12 viable starters which is good and will probably be rare. the fringe ones are like mystras/tycarter/dex but for a tour where u have to draft 100 people the depth is good. all 3 of their top guys are quiet but put up good records for the most part. apparently gondra was 12-3 in uu team tours last year? crazy. id still have some chat activity concerns but overall it's v strong. kinda looks like parpar has to adv so sry bout that. i also think their rby-gsc are relatively weak which sucks bc it's hard to help there, tho maybe lpz can gsc. i give em a 7 out of 10

vtubers: nice strong start, their first 5 picks are very much bouff trademarks and did well for them in other tours, and they should have the single strongest slot in the tour with bw punny. they do get to 12 viable starters with the chaos pick i think. im kinda unsure they have mch experience in current gen though, who builds for this team besides lyssa? (EDIT, umbry is the manager so ignore this part LOL they'll be fine) maybe liz but she focuses on ss. idt mimi is a very active builder either from my time with him. they can probably be fine and have good strength in the obscurer oldgens with torchic/fv early but i think their SV will be below average. excited to see adv nerd ellington under bouffs tutelage. i give this a 7.5 out of 10

dragonairs: the first 2 picks are epic as fuck. i would pay to see the gama/bfm/col49/shiba/moute game discussion channel when 1 of them is losing LOL the vibe of this team is kinda out there honestly. for the actual experience, i think they didn't get very strong gsc/rby/bw and are reliant on shiba bouncing back for adv (which is fairly likely). theyre also pretty low on builders and will have to pull from scl / rely on spellcaster to lift a lot of slots in current gen. they do hit 12 viable starters p easily tho. id also give this a 7 out of 10 with more volatility than the 2 squads above

sandacondas (LMAOOO etc): ngl their first 9 picks are all really good... is it finally their year??? there's a lotttt of tier nerds which i love, like vani gsc / heysup adv / tnunes dpp / nalo bw / dingbat oras (omg so many) are all gonna be really excited to play those tiers and they're good at them. i do really like pdt and luthier in the current gens too, luth can put up crazy records with a team supplier (he went like 7-1 for me like 1 nupl tho he has a slightly weaker uu resume) and pdt will def do that. i actually give these guys an 8 out of 10 (adjusted 9 for dillon executing the agonizing task of drafting from the 4th slot)

ceruledge: ngl they drafted pretty much the weakest player in each of the first 4 rounds... i dont rly like how they executed it at all, it looks like theyre reassembling their uufpl team but that was ...uufpl which is good but a step down. they did lock in good rby gsc but have less current gen builders than anybody. id say theyre strong gens 1-2 and below average in pretty much every other gen, with the exceptions of ss attribute and maybeee possiblyyy bw choolio if he really tries? ngl ive never seen this dude actually play LOL so good luck with that. "below average" should still be competitive every game but definitely at a disadvantage. i give them a 5 out of 10

primarinas: the first names are all-around solid, tho without much tiebreak-level firepower, and super quintessentially lily of course. has there been a single uu subforum tour with finch on a different team? it would feel wrong at this point. esta flopped last tour and is opposed to the aero change i believe so there's some negative potential there but i dont mind the r4 price. this draft kinda falls off a cliff after like pick 7 tho.. i dont really trust anyone from corperate n through damien as a starter which gives this team only like 9 solid starters? in a 12 slot tour that seems rly costly. maybe this cake guy is an rbyer i dont know, maybeee shane can oras but thats a tier with a lot of nuances thats hard to pick up. ig they'll HO a lot there. either way there's at least 2 shaky spots in this roster with middling TB strength and i give it a 5.5 out of 10

wordles: ok this team is actually pretty solid ngl. liams great the other 3 first picks are solid and we finally get to see mrsoup in action yesss!!! this guy was snubbed from uupl badly i feel like he'll dominate uusd. i feel like the 4 names after soup do not historically perform well in uu tours but theyre not bad on a fundamental level so maybe it's just bad luck? id personally bet they mostly end up at like 3 wins but there isnt rly any fundamental reason that has to be the case if that makes sense. idk who alive is but if he doesnt rby idk who would. chait is good and a steal at r11 thats wild. i give this team like a 6.5 out of 10

askovillains: DO NOT LET FRANKJOSH COOK ok ok mncmt is good. passion is good and awesome and swag but also maybe not a top 10 overall player in thedraft? the results are actually p close tho. next time around they got dawn and lax and it's fully possible either of these players quit at any given week which is unfortunate. to be fair lax looked insane in oras uu last year (his game vs umbry was ridiculous to watch live) and dawn is 1 of the biggest gsc nerds if not cancer so we'll call it a high-upside move. they do also suffer a bit from UUFPL syndrome in the back half the roster with guys like elfu (who did have a strong showing last year on the sinisetas) gc le don who arent rly proven in the UU main tour setting and then even after them u gotta throw in a random tour guy like... ciro napoli?? they have a lot of outside tour mainers who havent come to UU much and idt i like that, it's hard to keep a lot of these guys motivated to learn the tier while scl is going on, with limited resources/playerbases in oldgen uus, etc and i think they'll just suffer from inexperience in most of the gens. 6 out of 10

so that leaves us
1. sandacondas :v4:
2. vtubers
3: dragonite
4: dragonair (why are 2 of the same evolution in the same tour... this reminded me of when my TPP munchlaxes lost to the snorlaxes and im gonna put dragonite in 3rd because of this)
5. wordle
6. Askovillains
7. primarinas
8. ceruledge

have a good tour everybody! go prove this wrong etc. congrats to all the people who are doing this as their first tour, have a good time and dont get too stressed it's all just a game and a chance to make friends

Last edited:
1- Sages (Dragon's Den Dragonairs): look at their first players and look at the rest of the team's first players and tell me this is a losing team.
2- IP's (Tohjo Fall Dragonites): great managing pair of two washed and BAD players. the draft reminds me of ayrton senna's last race, with a good start (at the first 4 or 5), but perhaps things might've taken a different course if the responsible weren't as negligent (enough to miss a picking opportunity). but as things occurred, a slight disaster was not unexpected. it is a good enough team though.
3- Avarice's (Lake of Outrage Sandacondas): i don't want to comment on this chernobyl looking aahss team, pdt and luthier are gonna have to perform jesus in the bible-like miracles here. still we outclass the competition by far because highways and avarice combined their last two brain cells and worked decently enough to get some old gen touch in heysup and tnunes.
4- Lily's (Paniola Primarinas): honestly team does not look bad but lacks a slight touch. their performance might be dependent on whether or not finch is gonna be hopping on the uu discord after the game to comment on how the turn 34 toxic miss could've altered reality. overall trustworthy players to get some wins there, but seem to have too much of a separated team dynamic to me.
5- Umbry's (Violet City Vtubers): this team has got the italian chaotic vibe of either going last or getting poffs and winning/losing semis at least. none other options are viable for them. lots of names to prove themselves there and i'm all for it.
6- Askov's (Ascovillains): good 3 starters, then i feel like their brain ran out of oxygen and stopped working after getting a coinflip in lax and being told that he would not play after his 1st scl game (which luckily turned out pretty successful for them as my guy said he's fine with it). they ended with a fine cg draft but not sure where they're going with their og's. definitely not some good places.
7- BB Skarm's (Wild Wordle Wurmples): the wordle on the team's name is fitting here, i feel like they just started pressing random words and got some players there. their team has got a whopping 5 wins in uu team tournaments combined throughout all players and all of them are liam's, who must carry them in the back every week. they even made sure to get some dental hygiene tool in floss, but despite the effort, they're still getting (mouth)washed.
8- Dunoks's (Ceruledge of Tomorrow): even a soup letter could've drafted better names for a team. bros drafted hantsuki as one of their best players, who's definitely not giving a fuck and is gonna be sabotaging the team almost at the same level the managers did. if the icebeamer still has that vets spirit on him, he can push them a little further up to the 7th place on the sheet.
thats what im saying plus, they all went hard mode not drafting me for guaranteed wins each time i played.. its like they didnt even see how many s words i used to describe why they should draft me…

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
The UUSD Power Rankings have been released!!

https://www.smogon.com/articles/uusdiv-power-rankings

An enormous thank you to avarice, Bouff, Corperate n, DugZa, Estarossa, Expulso, hariyana grande, and Sabelette for writing sections of this - I definitely wouldn't have gotten through it on my own, you guys are the best. Double thank you to Lumari for soloing the GP and HTML workload in like a single night and making me look like a lil bitch for whining about the amount of writing there was to be done with that crazy flex.

This'll probably be the last time I spearhead these, at least for the next year or so - turns out it's a lot harder to churn these out when you're a final year student :sob:. Will still be happy to help out whoever takes the reins from here though. I hope everyone enjoys!!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Disclaimer: PRs don't matter nor should they impact your opinions of yourself. But they are hella fun to read.

I am controversial user justdrew, and I will be reacting and fact checking my prs.

"The core is led by justdrew, a rather controversial user who has been making a name for himself in recent times with decent showings in side tours but is yet to have a breakout performance in a UU team tour; his building is held to high esteem, but it is unclear how well he will adapt to the rapid metagame shifts throughout the tour."

Decent showings??? My all time UUFPL record is 15-8. Put some respect on my name frrrrr. My all time UUPL record is 1-2 but we can just forget that, okay? Who holds my building to a high esteem? I need to know. They might be clinically insane. And I'm gonna adapt to shifts like a train on cocaine baby.

"We are in a world where justdrew is the star player here, folks. Now of course I'm being unfair, drew has improved significantly over the past few years and is definitely a solid pick, though he's not necessarily star player status."

First of all ouch. Second of all accurate. But let's be real, before this year I was straight ass. Now I'm alright.

These are all fine players individually but they are largely unproven; even justdrew has limited performances in team tournaments overall, and there are some players in this pool with more UU team tour games than all four of these players combined.

Nah with 1 all time UUPL win, I'm the goat. The fact that's true is hella funny tho.

Thank you for reading and BigFatMantis stop overrating me or it's your ass chief.

"We are in a world where justdrew is the star player here, folks. Now of course I'm being unfair, drew has improved significantly over the past few years and is definitely a solid pick, though he's not necessarily star player status."

First of all ouch. Second of all accurate. But let's be real, before this year I was straight ass. Now I'm alright.

The Road to the Playoffs
Sponsored by the Dick Van Dyke Show

1700469213541.png

With the playoffs in plain sight, only 5 teams are vying for the last 3 spots. Let's take a look at how each team can make it to the playoffs in this edition of UUSD 2023 - Road to the Playoffs - presented by Chrysler.

:Sandaconda: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
Record: 5-1-0
Differential: +19

The Lake of Outrage Sandacondas could lose 0-100 and fall into a death trap and they would still make the playoffs. They are a lock. Congratulations!

-

:Rotom: Violet City Vtubers
Record: 3-2-1
Differential: +10

It's not really about "how" do the Vtubers get into the playoffs. It's about what catastrophe would need to happen to prevent them from making it. There is actually only one very specific scenario in which they don't make it since the teams below them all play each other, and that is:
A) Vtubers lose 0-12 (yes they have to lose 0-12 to actually have a chance to not make it)
B) Dragonairs beat Wurmples exactly 9-3
C) Ceruledges DON'T beat Dragonites by an exact margin of 7-5 and also DON'T tie (any other outcome of that series will work for this disaster to happen).
If all of that somehow happens, then Vtubers have 7 points with a -2 differential, Wurmples have 7 points with a -2 differential, Dragonairs have 7 points with a -1 differential, and one of the Dragonites or Ceruledges have either more points or a higher differential. Which means:
d) that doesn't even exclude them from the playoff scenario, it means they play a tiebreaker with the Wurmples (and possibly Ceruledges if Ceruledges won 8-4), and if they lose that tiebreaker, then they are out.

So yeah they're probably in barring the worst collapse in the history of human interaction which would likely cause the entire team to retire.

-

:Wurmple: Wild Wordle Wurmples
Record: 3-2-1
Differential: +4

Wurmples are looking good, as a win, a tie, or a "soft" 5-7 and even 4-8 loss still guarantees them a spot, since there is no way for both the Dragonites and Ceruledges to pass them no matter what happens, meaning the Dragonairs would need to leapfrog them and one of the other teams has to pass them. So let's go over the scenarios:

SCENARIO 1: Wurmples 3-9 to Dragonairs. This allows the Dragonairs to leap them in the standings. But that alone isn't enough to exclude them, as the following would also have to happen:
1A) Ceruledges DON'T beat Dragonites by an exact margin of 7-5 and also DON'T tie (If Ceruledges win exactly 8-4 it would create a tiebreaker scenario)
1B) The Vtubers DON'T lose 0-12 (if they do lose 0-12 then it would create a tiebreaker scenario)
If all of that happens, Wurmples could be out.

SCENARIO 2: Wurmples lose 2-10 to Dragonairs or worse. They are pretty much out if this happens BUT:
2A) If Ceruledges win 7-5 OR tie with the Dragonites, then it would create a tiebreaker scenario here. Any other outcome of that series ensures Wurmples are out in this scenario.

SCENARIO 3: Wurmples lose 1-11 or worse - they are out completely.

-

:Dragonite: Tohjo Falls Dragonites
Record: 2-2-2
Differential: -4

Now it gets very interesting as the next few teams are very much pushing for that final slot. For the Dragonites, a win of any kind guarantees them a playoff spot. A loss of any kind guarantees they are out. So this is really just analyzing what scenarios get them in with a tie:
A) If the Dragonairs lose or tie the Wurmples, or beat the Wurmples by a margin of 7-5 only, then the Dragonites are in the playoffs with a tie.
B) If the Dragonairs beat the Wurmples 11-1 or 12-0, then the Dragonites are still in the playoffs with a tie.
C) If the Dragonairs beat the Wurmples 10-2, then the Dragonites would be in a tiebreaker scenario with the Wurmples to get into the playoffs.
D) If the Dragonairs beat the Wurmples 9-3 or 8-4, then the Dragonites are out of the playoffs with a tie.

-

:Ceruledge: Ceruledge of Tomorrow
Record: 2-3-1
Differential: -6

Ceruledges can only get in if they win. And even still, that is not a guarantee. Here are the different scenarios that could get them in:

SCENARIO 1: Win 7-5 vs Dragonites. If this happens, then they are in if:
1A) Dragonairs lose or tie to the Wurmples, or
1B) Dragonairs also win 7-5 over the Wurmples, or
1C) Dragonairs win 11-1 or 12-0 over Wurmples, or
1D) Dragonairs win 10-2 over Wurmples (this results in a tiebreaker scenario with Wurmples though)
Which means:
1E) if Dragonairs win exactly 8-4 or 9-3 over Wurmples in this scenario, then Ceruledges are out.

SCENARIO 2: Win 8-4 over Dragonites. If this happens, then they are in UNLESS:
2A) Dragonairs beat Wurmples 9-3 - this would result in a tiebreaker scenario with Wurmples. Any other result of that series guarantees the Ceruledges are in this scenario.

SCENARIO 3: Win 9-3 over Dragonites. This guarantees a playoff spot no matter what.

-

:Dragonair: Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Record: 2-3-1
Differential: -7

The Dragonairs are in a very similar spot to the Ceruledges. However there is no way for them to be in with a 7-5 win, so they have to win at least 8-4 to have a chance. A 9-3 win guarantees them a playoff spot as it allows them to leapfrog the Wurmples. With an 8-4 they can still be in only if:
A) Dragonites tie the Ceruledges, OR
B) Ceruledges beat Dragonites 7-5
If either of those happen, Dragonairs are in with an 8-4 win. Any other outcome of that series will not allow the Dragonairs to in with an 8-4 win.

----

And there you have it! yw Bouff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)