SM UU UU The Beach Episode

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
The Beach Episode
RMT by Dumb Sir
(Click the above image for copyable)

Hello, Dumb Sir here finally back to bestow upon you, the reader and community, a team I've been fairly successful with. After my long expedition for inspiration in Italy, I once again found my spark for team building. As always, I will be taking critiques and will be trying to respond to all if not most of them. Descriptions for each Pokemon will be split between both the Teambuilding and The Team areas for consistency among each topic. Without further ado, this is The Beach Episode. Enjoy the rest of the RMT.

The team building process began with the star of the show: Z-Conversion Porygon2. This set is able to clean up after key threats have been dealt with, most notably Fighting Types and Pokemon who naturally reach >360 Speed like Raikou and Crobat. I looked to include partners that could deal with these threats, while still forming a cohesive shell without working towards a Porygon2's late game sweep.

Scizor and Rotom-Heat form a nice Volt/Turn core that gives Porygon2 some safety in setting up. In addition, Scizor provides some speed control against faster teams, while offering another win condition. Rotom is also the Defogger for the team, alleviating some of the pressure Hazards bring.

With all of the Volt/Turn support the team has, I decided that a wallbreaker that greatly appreciates the safe switches that Scizor and Rotom provide. After a couple of different choices, I settled on Crawdaunt. In addition to hitting things really hard, Crawdaunt also provides Knock Off Support for fatter teams that don't really care about Porygon2 because of their Leftovers. Latias, similarly, provides reliable damage for the team, though not as much. However, Latias does have staying power unlike Crawdaunt with Roost.

Klefki is the final member of the team, providing an important check to threats such as Hydreigon and Latias. Klefki also provides both Spikes and Thunder Wave, each in their own way being crucial to break some matchups.

Ahiru Two (Porygon2) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Conversion is for Z-Conversion in order to boost Porygon's stats in one go, giving it insane sweeping potential if it can get its Z off. Porygon's combination of Thunderbolt and Ice Beam hit's almost the entire UU metagame neutrally, aside from mons like Magneton, who gets stalled out by recover anyways. The aforementioned recover keeps Porygon topped off in health in order to abuse it's increased tackiness from the Z-Conversion Boost.

Keikinzoku (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Choice Band allows Scizor to punish more offensive Pokemon, like Terrakion and Altaria-Mega. Bullet Punch gains STAB and helps with speed control for the team. U-Turn gives safe switch ins to other teammates. Superpower decimates unknowing Steels like Coballion and Steelix. Pursuit helps for eroding away at switch-happy teams. 96 Spe speed-creeps apposing standard Banded Scizors.

Shinzō (Rotom-Heat) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic

Defog along side Mago Berry makes Rotom a reliable check to hazards. Volt Switch helps in giving allies safer switches. Overheat is used as a nuke against more physically defensive Pokemon, such as Aggron-Mega and Scizor.

Sutākingu (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Swords Dance + Aqua Jet allows Crawdaunt to sweep in the late game. Swords Dance also makes Crawdaunt a reliable wallbreaker for the team. Crabhammer and Knock Off are obligatory STABs, however, Knock Off helps against mons like Quasire who like eat Leftovers and soak up hits.

Kanojo (Latias) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Draco Meteor and Psychic are nice STABs that don't really get walled by anything in the Meta other than Steel Types. HP Fire is for aforementioned Steel types, mostly Scizor who Lati@s baits in nicely. Roost allows Lati@s to use its Dragon typing to soak up resisted hits reliably.

Gētokīpā (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

The wallbreakers on this team tend to force many switches. Spikes is there to abuse those switches. Thunder Wave is mostly for Scarfers and other fast mons that usually give other teammates trouble. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to completely blank common leads such as Krookodile and Non-Flamethrower Varients of Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Play Rough is STAB.

As are all of my teams, this team is not perfect, however, I still hold myself to its imperfections. Some of the problems I've notices on my own include: a lack of an Electric immunity, a lack of Stealth Rocks, and a reliance on Klefki for switching in to Special attacks. However, this team is very fun, and I highly recommend anyone who likes hitting things really hard to at least try it out. Thank you for reading, and have a great rest of Summer!

Dumb Sir

Attachments

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
I am too busy to do an actual rate right now, but there is a few things about your sets that are worth mentioning, Dumb Sir

Z-Conversion Porygon 2 should use Download as it's ability, as this allows it to get +2 SpA after a z-conversion, enabling it to break walls like sylveon/florges. This does limit the number of things you can set up on if you want +2, but you can still get a +1 boost on anything.

On rotom-heat, a Wiki berry is superior to a Mago berry. They have the same effect but a wiki berry will confuse a bug bite scizor, making it the superior option.

Last edited:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
I am too busy to do an actual rate right now, but there is a few things about your sets that are worth mentioning, Dumb Sir

Z-Conversion Porygon 2 should use Download as it's ability, as this allows it to get +2 SpA after a z-conversion, enabling it to break walls like sylveon/florges. This does limit the number of things you can set up on if you want +2, but you can still get a +1 boost on anything.

On rotom-heat, a Wiki berry is superior to a Mago berry. They have the same effect but a wiki berry will confuse a bug bite scizor, making it the superior option.
You do make a good point, I think these minor changes would do nicely!

Hello there! I like the idea of your team being built around a mon that is also a favorite of mine. Porygon has some useful tricks up its sleeve that can make itself as a mon that could abruptly sweep late game, with it’s ability in Download, which has a chance to raise it’s SpA by one stage, and access to Z-Conversion, which can help make up for its pitiful 60 base speed. I like how you mentioned the fighting types, because they can still revenge Porygon2. Pokemon like Terrakion, Coballion, and Superpower scizor discourages Porygon2 from setting up. Coballion is also a big issue because it will be able to outspeed Porygon2 after a boost. Coballion is a big threat because it takes neutral damage from Porygon’s attacks while being able to hit it hard with CC. Another problem that greatly hinders Porygon’s capabilities, especially Toxic. So it often struggles to break against important stall components such as Blissey, which can easily soak up +1 Special attacks. Nevertheless, this is a decent build that just needs a couple of holes to be covered up.

Major Changes:
42C9EF02-709A-45BC-B118-118790DBC8A4.png ———> ACCF96D6-8997-4F6E-9D03-99C4A76BF5AE.png

I think that what this build needs the most is a reliable way to switch into powerful fightings, most notably Terrakion, Lucario and even Coballion. Nasty Plot Lucario can definitely be a problem if it gets a boost with Lati weakened. Terrakion, with Choice Band, can CC through without much difficulty. Double Dance Terrakion can also look like an issue in the late game. Latias is not reliable as a single check, as stone edge does a ton and Superpower Scizor with a U-Turn/Bug Bite will be something that Latias will not want to switch in to. Gligar help prevent this issue, and can also provide the role of a defogger with reliable recovery, along with that Toxic Immunity and the same Ground immunity offered by Heat-Tom. I also like how you mentioned the lack of electric immunity, which is quite important, especially to slow down momentum and block pivots.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

2C031A7F-7DE0-4DD2-9300-A6E9EDEBF678.png ———> 1441DDF0-2524-4411-8141-FAB62AA2F341.png

This build can still struggle against stall, even this crawdaunt set could get beaten by common stall staples now such as Pyukumuku which can stall out and trap Crawdaunt as long as its healthy, and Crawdaunt is often momentum food, as mons like Mega - Manectric and Celebi (U-Turn). Hydreigon would give the team a way to cripple stall via Taunt, which prevents the opposing Pokemon from using non-attack moves. This is important because Toxic can easily wear down offensive mons. Taunting mons like Gligar, Mantine and Hippowdon can produce a reliable core with Porygon2, as it can come in the next turn without having to worry about Toxic/Haze/Whirlwind which can prevent Porygon2 from doing much work. Fightinium Z was utilized for steels which would help take care of the steels which can trouble Porygon2. Z - Superpower allows Hydreigon to hit Blissey at high amounts, which helps even more vs stall. This set also improves the mu against Calm Mind Suicune.

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Minor Changes:

Scizor - Choice Band —> Sd Superpower
Banded Scizor has the big issue of being locked into that single move which setup mons such as Lucario and Coballion can take advantage of, both of which are the main checks to Porygon2. Spamming superpower would just be a setup fodder. For this reason, having a setup move and the dual stab + superpower would help out more. Preventing the steels to set up on you for free, but also luring in bulky mons such as Alomomola, Suicune, Amoonguss, and Hippowdon which can break holes for Porygon2. This Scizor also pairs nicely with Hydreigon, as they can form a good synergy and cover the typing weaknesses. (Scizor for the fairies, Hydreigon for the Ground and Fire resist).

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Latias - Psychic —> Psyshock
Psyshock ignores spdef, so it can help pull off important damage to Calm Mind Suicune, which this build doesn’t appreciate. Psyshock also hits Blissey harder and other calm mind setup sweepers such as Chandelure.
Klefki - Play Rough —> Foul Play
Foul Play allows Klefki to hit Scizor harder when it tries to set up. Foul play + Twave is great when stopping ddance threats such as Feraligatr and important Swords Dance mons such as Doublade. Play Rough wouldn’t be too necessary as you have Scizor for Mega Altaria and z roost Hydreigon for Crawdaunt.

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Recover
- Ice Beam

That will round out my rating for this team! Overall very good build! I really liked your idea with the Magnet Rise Klefki and the Porygon2. I hope you like these changes that I made, but if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a dm.

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Hello there! I like the idea of your team being built around a mon that is also a favorite of mine. Porygon has some useful tricks up its sleeve that can make itself as a mon that could abruptly sweep late game, with it’s ability in Download, which has a chance to raise it’s SpA by one stage, and access to Z-Conversion, which can help make up for its pitiful 60 base speed. I like how you mentioned the fighting types, because they can still revenge Porygon2. Pokemon like Terrakion, Coballion, and Superpower scizor discourages Porygon2 from setting up. Coballion is also a big issue because it will be able to outspeed Porygon2 after a boost. Coballion is a big threat because it takes neutral damage from Porygon’s attacks while being able to hit it hard with CC. Another problem that greatly hinders Porygon’s capabilities, especially Toxic. So it often struggles to break against important stall components such as Blissey, which can easily soak up +1 Special attacks. Nevertheless, this is a decent build that just needs a couple of holes to be covered up.

Major Changes:
View attachment 188362 ———> View attachment 188367

I think that what this build needs the most is a reliable way to switch into powerful fightings, most notably Terrakion, Lucario and even Coballion. Nasty Plot Lucario can definitely be a problem if it gets a boost with Lati weakened. Terrakion, with Choice Band, can CC through without much difficulty. Double Dance Terrakion can also look like an issue in the late game. Latias is not reliable as a single check, as stone edge does a ton and Superpower Scizor with a U-Turn/Bug Bite will be something that Latias will not want to switch in to. Gligar help prevent this issue, and can also provide the role of a defogger with reliable recovery, along with that Toxic Immunity and the same Ground immunity offered by Heat-Tom. I also like how you mentioned the lack of electric immunity, which is quite important, especially to slow down momentum and block pivots.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

View attachment 188389 ———> View attachment 188390

This build can still struggle against stall, even this crawdaunt set could get beaten by common stall staples now such as Pyukumuku which can stall out and trap Crawdaunt as long as its healthy, and Crawdaunt is often momentum food, as mons like Mega - Manectric and Celebi (U-Turn). Hydreigon would give the team a way to cripple stall via Taunt, which prevents the opposing Pokemon from using non-attack moves. This is important because Toxic can easily wear down offensive mons. Taunting mons like Gligar, Mantine and Hippowdon can produce a reliable core with Porygon2, as it can come in the next turn without having to worry about Toxic/Haze/Whirlwind which can prevent Porygon2 from doing much work. Fightinium Z was utilized for steels which would help take care of the steels which can trouble Porygon2. Z - Superpower allows Hydreigon to hit Blissey at high amounts, which helps even more vs stall. This set also improves the mu against Calm Mind Suicune.

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Minor Changes:

Banded Scizor has the big issue of being locked into that single move which setup mons such as Lucario and Coballion can take advantage of, both of which are the main checks to Porygon2. Spamming superpower would just be a setup fodder. For this reason, having a setup move and the dual stab + superpower would help out more. Preventing the steels to set up on you for free, but also luring in bulky mons such as Alomomola, Suicune, Amoonguss, and Hippowdon which can break holes for Porygon2. This Scizor also pairs nicely with Hydreigon, as they can form a good synergy and cover the typing weaknesses. (Scizor for the fairies, Hydreigon for the Ground and Fire resist).

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Psyshock ignores spdef, so it can help pull off important damage to Calm Mind Suicune, which this build doesn’t appreciate. Psyshock also hits Blissey harder and other calm mind setup sweepers such as Chandelure.
Foul Play allows Klefki to hit Scizor harder when it tries to set up. Foul play + Twave is great when stopping ddance threats such as Feraligatr and important Swords Dance mons such as Doublade. Play Rough wouldn’t be too necessary as you have Scizor for Mega Altaria and z roost Hydreigon for Crawdaunt.

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Recover
- Ice Beam

That will round out my rating for this team! Overall very good build! I really liked your idea with the Magnet Rise Klefki and the Porygon2. I hope you like these changes that I made, but if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a dm.
Hey, thanks for the recommendations! I definitely will be taking these factors into account both for the team and future teams!

Hi. I'm doing a rate. Los Gehts!

--==Major Changes==--

-->

Okay, so this team, like all teams, needs a way to block Volt Switch. The team also had no defensive counterplay to Terrakion, and also lacked the most important thing on a pokemon team, being Stealth Rocks. Furthermore, Crawdaunt feels awkward in this slot to me at least, it seems like it was added to make the team look cooler? Hell if I know. Nidoqueen filled all of these holes that the team had there, as well as offensively pressuring a ton of hazard removers and Primarina for the team. Nidoqueen also appreciates VoltTurn support from Scizor+Rotom-Heat, which allow it to get in for free vs said removers such as Rotom-Heat. Finally, Nidoqueen gives the team another FIghting resist, to better check the likes of Cobalion and friends.

-->

As nice as spikes are, they feel awkward and forced here too. Klefki also feels slightly out of place, and the team also has a poor stall matchup and a shaky Hydreigon matchup. Klefki becoming a Mega Altaria gives you a stallbreaker with Double Edge + Refresh, as well as a great defensive typing to check Crawdaunt as well as Hydreigon (specs flash cannon still murders you). It also offers a Knock Off sponge, which is nice for this type of team to have, as well as another Fighting resist.

--==Minor Changes==--

: A
bility Change

Download > Trace because you could get a SpA raise and then have +2. Thats why Download is better. Not much else to say here.

: Berry Change

Wiki Berry confuses Bug Bite Scizor, which makes it the superior berry for Rotom Heat.

--==Importable and Conclusion==--

That should be it, but let me know if I missed anything. Click on the sprites for the importable, and I hope you enjoy the team!

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Hi. I'm doing a rate. Los Gehts!

--==Major Changes==--

-->

Okay, so this team, like all teams, needs a way to block Volt Switch. The team also had no defensive counterplay to Terrakion, and also lacked the most important thing on a pokemon team, being Stealth Rocks. Furthermore, Crawdaunt feels awkward in this slot to me at least, it seems like it was added to make the team look cooler? Hell if I know. Nidoqueen filled all of these holes that the team had there, as well as offensively pressuring a ton of hazard removers and Primarina for the team. Nidoqueen also appreciates VoltTurn support from Scizor+Rotom-Heat, which allow it to get in for free vs said removers such as Rotom-Heat. Finally, Nidoqueen gives the team another FIghting resist, to better check the likes of Cobalion and friends.

-->

As nice as spikes are, they feel awkward and forced here too. Klefki also feels slightly out of place, and the team also has a poor stall matchup and a shaky Hydreigon matchup. Klefki becoming a Mega Altaria gives you a stallbreaker with Double Edge + Refresh, as well as a great defensive typing to check Crawdaunt as well as Hydreigon (specs flash cannon still murders you). It also offers a Knock Off sponge, which is nice for this type of team to have, as well as another Fighting resist.

--==Minor Changes==--

: A
bility Change

Download > Trace because you could get a SpA raise and then have +2. Thats why Download is better. Not much else to say here.

: Berry Change

Wiki Berry confuses Bug Bite Scizor, which makes it the superior berry for Rotom Heat.

--==Importable and Conclusion==--

That should be it, but let me know if I missed anything. Click on the sprites for the importable, and I hope you enjoy the team!

Awesome stuff man! Thanks for being so clean cut in your suggestions! Definitely will consider these changes for building in the future. Also, subconsciously, I do think I shoved Crawdaunt onto this team just for looks :psyduck:

Major Changes:
View attachment 188362 ———> View attachment 188367

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

View attachment 188389 ———> View attachment 188390

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Minor Changes:

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Yup, except maybe that you can't pull out 2 z mooves in a game :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)