ORAS OU Victini Balance- Minus the Victini

Hi all,
So recently I decided I was going to build a team around one of my favourite Pokemon, Victini. However, ultimately I removed Victini from the team because it was doing next to nothing for the team as a whole. This is basically what the leftovers morphed into.

Teambuilding process
First I began with Banded Victini

I then added Ferrothorn to give spikes support and help beat revenge killers who would come in against Victini

I then added Lando T for Stealth Rocks and U-Turn support, as well as Mega Manectric for offensive presence and VoltTurn.

After this the team required Rapid Spin support. For this reason Reflect Type Starmie was added

At the end of this, the team wasn't looking great against M-Sableye and set up sweepers, so Unaware Clefable finished off the team.

Finally, it was recommended that Defensive T-Flame would be a better fit than Victini. I tried this and it was indeed a better fit, especially useful for fighting stall and for its bulk.

The Team

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is a solid wall with good utility. Spikes puts pressure on opposing teams' switches, and is good to use on the switches ferro causes. Leech Seed provides more recovery and can force switches. Gyro Ball is strong stab, hitting for 150 BP 9/10 times, and absolutely murdering fairies, whilst Power Whip is grass type STAB.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Starmie is my spinner, providing crucial support for Talonflame as well as allowing me to switch freely. Reflect type allows Starmie to avoid Pursuit etc. whilst Scald is useful for the burn and is STAB. Rapid spin is the reason I use Starmie and Recover (along with a defensive EV spread) allows it to spin more reliably.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Lando-T provides useful offensive pressure to help break through opposing walls. Earthquake hits very hard with Soft Sand, which provides more power to Lando's main STAB without losing HP. Stone Edge forms EdgeQuake, whilst U-Turn provides momentum. Stealth Rocks are a necessity and work well with spikes.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Manectric-Mega forms a powerful VoltTurn core with Lando, which has the added bonus of utilising intimidate. Mamectric also provides offensive pressure. Tbolt is good STAB which hits hard, whilst Volt Switch provides momentum. Overheat hits very hard, and damages Steel and Grass types very hard. HP Ice hits Lando, Chomp and Gliscor very hard and rounds off the coverage.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
Clefable is my main protection against M-Sableye and Set Up sweepers. Moonblast stops it from being taunt bait. Heal Bell assists the team greatly against mons who utilise status. Wish can heal clef or another mon, whilst protect can stall out turns for either PP or wish.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up
Talonflame is a very bulky physical attacker on my team. Bulk Up is necessary to boost its uninvested attack and defence to turn him into a mixed tank. Will-o-Wisp also helps vs opposing physical attackers. Roost allows for longevity and mind games against electric types, whilst acrobatics prevents him from being taunt bait and does decent damage.

Alright, that's it for the team. As a side note, I do sort of get wrecked by opposing M-Manectric. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

Yo. This is a very solid manetric-mega balence team with landorus, ferro, and starmie making a nice hazard stacking team and I will try to help you on how to build a hazard stacking team

I noticed how your team is suppose to be a bulky balence team which is why you should use defensive landorus-therian over soft sand landorus-therian. Your landours-therian is your main way to check many physical attacking mons like excadrill, charizard x. Soft-Sand would take alot from zard x and drill and other physical attacking mons since your not a defensive set. Making your landorus defensive allows the team to have a more reliable mon to check all those physical attack mons.

I see that you have overheat on your manetric-mega. I feel like flamethrower over overheat is a little bit better for this team. Overheat is mainly used to oko excadrill ,scizor, ferrothrons at full hp. But you have hazards to put them in range of your flamethrower and running overheat makes you go at minus 2 every time you use which might give other mons to set up and get kills. Flamethrower allows you to more reliably deal with these kinds of threats, without being forced out to sack something.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Changes In Short:

Defensive > Offensive more reliable zard x and excadrill switch in
Flamethrower > Overheat flamethrower should get the same kills that overheat does with the hazard stacking u got on ur team and u wont get to minus 2 to let ur opponent have an easier time to set up and u wont miss

p2

Banned deucer.
yeah i agree with oml its too ezs changes but id also use magic guard cm clef > unaware. unaware is just a momentum sink on this team and if you run magic guard you actually have a better matchup against mega sableye and it helps out with mega manectric which cannot 2hko with thunderbolt. also consider psyshock over reflect type on starmie because once rocks are up gengar just runs free until you get manectric in, starmie just gives you an extra revenge killer to help out with that. in addition to revenge killing genger, it also means your team doesn't autolose to subcm keldeo, which is pretty uncommon right now, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass for your team to face without psyshock.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

changes in short:
magic guard > unaware
psyshock > reflect type

I agree with the Clef, Lando, and Starmie changes. I prefer having Overheat for the extra power but sometimes it's less helpful than flamethrower if Mane is the last mon left. I also think you should run taunt over either bulk up or wisp on Talon so you can stop opposing Clefs with flamethrower from setting up, and you also deal with stall a lot easier that way because you stop the reliable recovery of most mons, which is a must with stall. Taunt can also help you prevent Status to your team and offer safer switches out of Talon.

Have a good day and good luck battling.

Yo. This is a very solid manetric-mega balence team with landorus, ferro, and starmie making a nice hazard stacking team and I will try to help you on how to build a hazard stacking team

I noticed how your team is suppose to be a bulky balence team which is why you should use defensive landorus-therian over soft sand landorus-therian. Your landours-therian is your main way to check many physical attacking mons like excadrill, charizard x. Soft-Sand would take alot from zard x and drill and other physical attacking mons since your not a defensive set. Making your landorus defensive allows the team to have a more reliable mon to check all those physical attack mons.

I see that you have overheat on your manetric-mega. I feel like flamethrower over overheat is a little bit better for this team. Overheat is mainly used to oko excadrill ,scizor, ferrothrons at full hp. But you have hazards to put them in range of your flamethrower and running overheat makes you go at minus 2 every time you use which might give other mons to set up and get kills. Flamethrower allows you to more reliably deal with these kinds of threats, without being forced out to sack something.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Changes In Short:

Defensive > Offensive more reliable zard x and excadrill switch in
Flamethrower > Overheat flamethrower should get the same kills that overheat does with the hazard stacking u got on ur team and u wont get to minus 2 to let ur opponent have an easier time to set up and u wont miss

So what's the consensus on chestnaught? Because on the notification it says something about Chestnaught but I can't find it in the post. Thanks for your help

So what's the consensus on chestnaught? Because on the notification it says something about Chestnaught but I can't find it in the post. Thanks for your help
At first i was thinking about chesnaught over ferro too help with bisharp but that will make your team really weak to mega diancie so i decided against it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)