Water rats and leafy cats kicking ass cracks! [UU Rmt]

Well, this team has served me fairly well. It has gotten a couple of alts on the leaderboard. The peak...I don't know. I usually get bored of laddering pretty quickly. It's an offensively based team because: 1. I HATE stall and 2. I really can't play it very well xD. Introductions are obviously not my thing so...here's the team.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/156 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock​

The team starts with this hunk of steel. Why you ask. At the time of building, specs tinted lens yanmega was growing in popularity. Of course, it has died down a bit and has taken on more of a late game sweeper role instead of a lead. Regi almost always gets rocks down. It only loses to strong fire types, duggy, and roserade. It can be stopped by taunt ambipom, but not hurt. Donphan only 2hkos with EQ so he's not much of an issue. He brings much needed support to this offensive team.

Moves: The only thing to explain is why explosion over any other move. I chose explosion because things like ice punch and EQ just don't do it for me. I ask myself what CAN those other moves for me. With such a low attack stat other moves just lack the power I desire. His explosion may not be THE most powerful, but it has its uses. It can explode on a dangerous threat and get another poke in free from damage. It's just that "oh shit" button that all offensive teams need.

Evs: Do I really need to explain? They are bog standard. I'm assuming no.
---

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP/252 Spd/210 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt​

Ok, this is my version of Thund's stall breaking mismagius. I used his, but I desperately missed the speed of timid maggy. Honestly, I really couldn't figure out when and how to use pain split xD, but oddly enough I now find myself wanting it. This thing just messes with stall so badly. The extra speed lets her hold her own against offense. This thing is just so great. Oh, and another plus of it...great clefable counter! I hate that bitch.

Moves: WoW makes it an excellent counter to donphan and various other physical attackers. I dropped pain split for Tbolt because it helps with milotic who was another bitch for the old set.

Evs: Nothing special. I just took the evs from the subCM set. It just gives her a little bit of bulk so she can take hits better. They also allow her to survive a shadow ball from a timid rotom.
---

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 80 Atk/224 Spd/206 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit​

What a surprise this thing was. It may be frail, but damn...what a beast. It beats rotom, steels, adds priority, and a large amount of surprise factor. He does take a bit of prediction, but it pays off. I really don't have much to say outside of this thing is powerful. I can't say it really breaks stall because it just doesn't have that amount of power, but it can rip through offensive teams.

Moves: Fire/dark actually doesn't give too bad of coverage. Sucker punch just catches so many things off guard as well as pursuit. Pursuiting fleeing choice Pokémon is just fun. As well as smacking something in the face with priority.

Evs: Max speed just isn't necessary. I NEVER miss it. I just run enough to outrun rotom. I believe the evs generate a 210 speed stat. The special attack is still powerful, but oddly enough dark pulse doesn't always OHKO slowbro. It gets a little aggravating, especially when I first found out. For the most part it does, but the chance just annoys me. I just kept 80 attack evs like the analysis suggested. It works well enough. I don't notice any problems with it.
---

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse​

Personally, I am a lover of the SubPunch set, but this can just tear unprepared teams apart. He is my main counter to rain dance teams. he singlehandedly, after setting up of course, destroys them. I used to have hidden power grass over sludge bomb, but after finding out it can't OHKO milotic I just gave it up for STAB. After a single nasty plot this thing is near unstoppable. Honestly, he was just filler at first because I wanted to try him, but he helps break stall and other bulky annoyers. Not being able to OHKO registeel can get annoying, but the priority in vacuum wave keeps him from dyeing early to frail threats like dugtrio.

Moves: Standard. I run dark pulse because it grants me great type coverage along side vacuum wave. Sludge bomb for obvious STAB and power and vacuum wave for priority.

I don't think I need to explain evs...
---

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/226 Atk/32 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Focus Punch​

My favorite azumarill set by far. I used this set even before it became popular after the removal of the suspects. It is just a pain to any team without a pure counter to it. If you lack milotic or slowbro you're most likely in trouble. I just don’t need to explain. He's just an oddly powerful rat who will always have a place on my team.

Moves: Aqua jet is just some more priority that is pretty much essential in UU. I exchanged waterfall for ice punch for the ever popular roserade switch in. Focus punch makes him a good answer registeel and such. Substitute because I am just a lover of the move.

Evs: Max HP so seismic toss can't break my subs in the 1st try. So, chansey is dead. I bumped up his speed because tangrowth was pissing me off. I run just enough to out speed the standard. While it can't ko, I use it as more of a last ditch effort to score some damage. The drop in attack just isn't noticeable.
---

Leafeon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Leaf Blade​

This spot is saved for "the star of the show" in most rmts, but not this one. He was supposed to be, but I don't think the team supports enough for him to set up. He has scored many sweeps before though. Although, I usually just find myself attacking instead of setting up. He is just beastly and usually the last poke I show. he takes so many people by surprise that they usually just leave. He has saved me many times.

Moves: Swords dance just promotes a sweep and a beautiful one at that. Return rounds out coverage alongside leaf blade. Quick attack takes out frail sweepers and supports the rest of the team by finishing something off even without a boost. Steels bug him, but most times I can get rid of them before I send him out.

Evs: Standard evs. I just ran jolly for the speed. 317 is actually pretty speedy for UU.
---

|
|
|
|
|

It seems like my RMTs are gradually getting better, but I'm still working on them. I've done my best at describing my team, but I'm just at a loss for words. As most teams here do, it has flaws. I don't want to retire it because it has served me well. It still wins games, but I know it can take me further. I need your help team raters. So, Rate my team!

If anyone knows where I can find those Pokémon and child pictures please let me know. I wanted to use them, but I couldn't find one for every poke. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry about the format. Everytime I fix it something new messes up.

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Threat List:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Mismagius[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] – Speed tie with my own maggy, priority, registeel, houndoom.
Blaziken – Smart switching until I can kill.
Roserade – Leafeon koes after SR with return even without a boost. (Only non-bulky variants)
Registeel – azumarill, toxicroak to an extent, taunt/WoW from maggy as a last resort.
Milotic – Leafeon 2HKOs before a boost, mismagius taunt/Tbolt.
Steelix – Shaky answer, but mostly missy comes in first foe EQ and WoWs. Most of the time I use whatever is available.
Ambipom – Walled by registeel. Taunbipom only stops rocks. Priority kills him.
Hitmontop – Maggy is my main answer. After a WoW from her he is usually out of the game.
Honchkrow – Prediction mainly. He can be a threat, but he’s taken down before he becomes too troublesome. Mostly by priority.
Spiritomb- Taunt and relentless attacking. No set-up for this thing allowed.
Arcanine- CB ES variants can piss me off. For the most part, believe it or not, houndoom takes him out.
Clefable- Hate it. Maggy walls it, azumarill can set up on ones without encore or tbolt. After a nasty plot toxicroak rapes it.
Azumarill- For the most part, walled by toxicroak, He allows easy set up.
Claydol – Houndoom, maggy, azumarill.
Espeon – Priority, maggy and registeel. Specs variants don’t OHKO maggy so she can take it out most times.
Regirock – Same as regirock except now leafeon is usable as it can 2HKO.
Uxie- Registeel walls non trick variants and can parahax it to death. Otherwise the rest of the team wears it down.
Yanmega – Specs is just annoying. Once the set is figured out it is fairly easy to beat. LO speed boost is a little tougher though. Priority kills him eventually.
Slowbro- Maggy and houndoom. After a CM it can take out a few things.
Chansey- Azumarill, registeel, maggy, and a set up leafeon.
Hariyama- Maggy if it isn’t a guts version. SubPunch is rather annoying, but not hard to play around. He usually can kill something before he goes down.
Feraligatr- After a DD this thing is dangerous. Wear him down with priority, but only if he doesn’t carry lefties. Early game he is easier, but late game I’, usually in trouble.
Toxicroak- Houndoom (not directly of course) and maggy (somewhat). It’s easier to beat after the set is known.
Moltres- Substall versions are just bitches. Just keep attacking and figure out something to nail the sub and kill on the next turn. I have no solid strategy for it.
Ludicolo- Toxicroak is my #1 answer to rain teams. He beats almost every single member.
Kabutops- Toxicroak.
Absol – he doesn’t set up on anything really. So priority and smart playing kills him.
Hitmonlee & Other Fighters- Maggy!
Venusaur- Maggy taunts first because now most of them are SD variants and to watch out for sleep powder. WoW cripples it for the rest of the match.
Magmortar- Priority for scarf versions because it’s so frail. Other variants are out sped pretty easily.
Sceptile – Registeel is my main answer until I know the set.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Having NP croak,subpunch azumarill and mixdoom,your team should be able to take care of stall. Perish trapping mismagius is a better check against stall than the set you're using now. Also,you should try the wishsupporting leafeon over the SD version,to keep houndoom( since it's weak to SR) a little longer and to recover mismagius to keep her useful.
Other than that,the team looks good to me.

You may not think that Blaziken isn't a threat, but it is. Your team is going to have a problem against a Choice Scarfed Blaziken. I would recommend this Armaldo set, because Chansey can be a pain in the ass too for your team:

Armaldo @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EV's: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SAtk)

- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Egde
- X-Scissor

This will make holes in teams if used well and it will take care of your Blaziken/Chansey problem.
I would replace Houndoom with this Armaldo

Well, this team has served me fairly well. It has gotten a couple of alts on the leaderboard. The peak...I don't know. I usually get bored of laddering pretty quickly. It's an offensively based team because: 1. I HATE stall and 2. I really can't play it very well xD. Introductions are obviously not my thing so...here's the team.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/156 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock​

The team starts with this hunk of steel. Why you ask. At the time of building, specs tinted lens yanmega was growing in popularity. Of course, it has died down a bit and has taken on more of a late game sweeper role instead of a lead. Regi almost always gets rocks down. It only loses to strong fire types, duggy, and roserade. It can be stopped by taunt ambipom, but not hurt. Donphan only 2hkos with EQ so he's not much of an issue. He brings much needed support to this offensive team.

Moves: The only thing to explain is why explosion over any other move. I chose explosion because things like ice punch and EQ just don't do it for me. I ask myself what CAN those other moves for me. With such a low attack stat other moves just lack the power I desire. His explosion may not be THE most powerful, but it has its uses. It can explode on a dangerous threat and get another poke in free from damage. It's just that "oh shit" button that all offensive teams need.
You might consider Ice Punch, although it might not deal as much damage, but Ice Punch hits more Pokemon Super Effectively that can hit Regi for SE damage e.g. Donphan, DD Altaria, Nido____, etc. Iron Head provides more brute force, but Ice Punch may provide handy coverage. It's your call.
Evs: Do I really need to explain? They are bog standard. I'm assuming no.
Registeel is strong in UU. He walls tons of stuff that can otherwise destroy teams. You have a good version here. But, if you use Iron Head, keep the EV's you have. If you switch to Ice Punch, you might consider using: 252 HP/150 Atk/108 SpD. Those bring you to 223 Atk and 399 SpD. These assure a 2HKO on Timid Yanmega with Stealth Rock and a 3HKO without.
---

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP/252 Spd/210 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt​

Ok, this is my version of Thund's stall breaking mismagius. I used his, but I desperately missed the speed of timid maggy. Honestly, I really couldn't figure out when and how to use pain split xD, but oddly enough I now find myself wanting it. This thing just messes with stall so badly. The extra speed lets her hold her own against offense. This thing is just so great. Oh, and another plus of it...great clefable counter! I hate that bitch.

Moves: WoW makes it an excellent counter to donphan and various other physical attackers. I dropped pain split for Tbolt because it helps with milotic who was another bitch for the old set.
Taunt can be dropped for Perish Song if you want to force walls or sweepers to switch, but then you have to switch as well. Other than that, good moves.

Evs: Nothing special. I just took the evs from the subCM set. It just gives her a little bit of bulk so she can take hits better. They also allow her to survive a shadow ball from a timid rotom.
I can't really say anything about these except with 252 EV's in SpA Tbolt does 57.88% - 68.17% to Feraligatr, 2HKO's 252 HP/176 SpD Weezing (if Light Screen is up then it is a 3HKO).
---

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 80 Atk/224 Spd/206 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit​

What a surprise this thing was. It may be frail, but damn...what a beast. It beats rotom, steels, adds priority, and a large amount of surprise factor. He does take a bit of prediction, but it pays off. I really don't have much to say outside of this thing is powerful. I can't say it really breaks stall because it just doesn't have that amount of power, but it can rip through offensive teams.

Moves: Fire/dark actually doesn't give too bad of coverage. Sucker punch just catches so many things off guard as well as pursuit. Pursuiting fleeing choice Pokémon is just fun. As well as smacking something in the face with priority.
Nothing bad here. Keep these.
Evs: Max speed just isn't necessary. I NEVER miss it. I just run enough to outrun rotom. I believe the evs generate a 210 speed stat. The special attack is still powerful, but oddly enough dark pulse doesn't always OHKO slowbro. It gets a little aggravating, especially when I first found out. For the most part it does, but the chance just annoys me. I just kept 80 attack evs like the analysis suggested. It works well enough. I don't notice any problems with it.
Nothing bad here as well.
---

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse​

Personally, I am a lover of the SubPunch set, but this can just tear unprepared teams apart. He is my main counter to rain dance teams. he singlehandedly, after setting up of course, destroys them. I used to have hidden power grass over sludge bomb, but after finding out it can't OHKO milotic I just gave it up for STAB. After a single nasty plot this thing is near unstoppable. Honestly, he was just filler at first because I wanted to try him, but he helps break stall and other bulky annoyers. Not being able to OHKO registeel can get annoying, but the priority in vacuum wave keeps him from dyeing early to frail threats like dugtrio.

Moves: Standard. I run dark pulse because it grants me great type coverage along side vacuum wave. Sludge bomb for obvious STAB and power and vacuum wave for priority.
You could use Hidden Power Electric to hit Flyers and Waters instead of Dark Pulse, but that is probably not the best idea.
I don't think I need to explain evs...
Nope.
---

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/226 Atk/32 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Focus Punch​

My favorite azumarill set by far. I used this set even before it became popular after the removal of the suspects. It is just a pain to any team without a pure counter to it. If you lack milotic or slowbro you're most likely in trouble. I just don’t need to explain. He's just an oddly powerful rat who will always have a place on my team.

Moves: Aqua jet is just some more priority that is pretty much essential in UU. I exchanged waterfall for ice punch for the ever popular roserade switch in. Focus punch makes him a good answer registeel and such. Substitute because I am just a lover of the move.
Yes.... The only change you could feasibly make is swapping Sub and Focus Punch for Belly Drum and Waterfall, but that sort of wrecks the idea of SubPunch.

Evs: Max HP so seismic toss can't break my subs in the 1st try. So, chansey is dead. I bumped up his speed because tangrowth was pissing me off. I run just enough to out speed the standard. While it can't ko, I use it as more of a last ditch effort to score some damage. The drop in attack just isn't noticeable.
Good.
---

Leafeon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Leaf Blade​

This spot is saved for "the star of the show" in most rmts, but not this one. He was supposed to be, but I don't think the team supports enough for him to set up. He has scored many sweeps before though. Although, I usually just find myself attacking instead of setting up. He is just beastly and usually the last poke I show. he takes so many people by surprise that they usually just leave. He has saved me many times.

Moves: Swords dance just promotes a sweep and a beautiful one at that. Return rounds out coverage alongside leaf blade. Quick attack takes out frail sweepers and supports the rest of the team by finishing something off even without a boost. Steels bug him, but most times I can get rid of them before I send him out.
The only thing you could do here is try a Sunny Day/Synthesis gimmick or try to use Grasswhistle, but those don't really help at all.
Evs: Standard evs. I just ran jolly for the speed. 317 is actually pretty speedy for UU.
I'd transfer the 4 EV's from Defense to HP but other than that nothing.
---

|
|
|
|
|

It seems like my RMTs are gradually getting better, but I'm still working on them. I've done my best at describing my team, but I'm just at a loss for words. As most teams here do, it has flaws. I don't want to retire it because it has served me well. It still wins games, but I know it can take me further. I need your help team raters. So, Rate my team!

If anyone knows where I can find those Pokémon and child pictures please let me know. I wanted to use them, but I couldn't find one for every poke. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry about the format. Everytime I fix it something new messes up.
The only glaring problem I see is there is no variety in the items.

Leftovers-Mismagius, Registeel, Azumarill
LO-Houndoom, Toxicroak, Leafeon.

You might want to try changing this for Item clause matches.

Thanks for helping with my RMT apprenticeship!

@ Minato: Thanks and I may try the suggestions. The support from leafeon could help, but his sweeps are just so beautiful. Also, maggy's set checks stall so well. Perish trapping is just too gimmicky for me and takes too much work to pull off. She single handedly shuts down every member of a stall team.

@ Yehom: Chansey nor blaziken is a problem. Chansey can't do anything to 5/6 of my pokemon. She's semi-set up bait for toxicroak, registeel can parahax or explode, maggy walls the shit out of her, azumarill sets up on any set, and leafeon kills after set up. Scarfed blaziken has to be played extremely well to do significant damage. Scrfers are too easy to predict around. While late game he can probably be an issue, but he's not common enough imo for me to make that change. Well, scarfed versions anyways.

@ Wombat...: Thanks for the rate and you're welcome for the experience gain. ^_^

rate...i can only help you with leafeon,lets put simple,you normaly cant set up sword dance right? the i sugest switching with X-scissor,with this,they are only 3 pokemons in UU and below that wall leafeon,who most part cant pose a significant treat to it,also,while its helpful to run max speed on leafeon,you can drop some evs in speed and place then into HP,take out just enough so that you can still outspeed base 90 positive nature pokemons,they reach 306,so try to go for 307,if you want to speed tie with those that also run the same evs and nature,then just let in the way it is,if you really think that sword dance is a must have in leafeon moveset,then ignore this rate

before anything,i want to say this,PLEASE!!! change mismagius to female! that pokemon has simple no MAN inside him! now to the rate...i can only help you with leafeon,lets put simple,you normaly cant set up sword dance right? the i sugest switching with X-scissor,with this,they are only 3 pokemons in UU and below that wall leafeon,who most part cant pose a significant treat to it,also,while its helpful to run max speed on leafeon,you can drop some evs in speed and place then into HP,take out just enough so that you can still outspeed base 90 positive nature pokemons,they reach 306,so try to go for 307,if you want to speed tie with those that also run the same evs and nature,then just let in the way it is,if you really think that sword dance is a must have in leafeon moveset,then ignore this rate
Actually, I would ev to outrun max speed rotom in case a scarf/ specs version is without a scarf since he is just a bit faster than 90 base.

@ Crimson Leon and BurtonEarny: I run max to at worst tie with other positive base 95's. Otherwise, I would want to use quick attack all the time against them and most likely have no chance of beating them.

Please, keep rating.

Got your PM, I'll try my best!

So you have a pretty good bulky offense here, and it's hard to change anything without messing up the synergy. So I won't remove or drastically change anything, just do a few touch ups. What worries me is that for an offensive team, you really don't have anything that can take a status. Your team really has no issue with stall, so I don't see Missy doing much for you. In that spot you might want to try Rest/Talk CM Tomb. It'll provide a better answer to Physical threats, as well as another Pokemon that can finish things off. The Spread is 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD.

Other than that, I really don't see anything to change. Nice team!

@ Hunt: Thanks for the rate and the stars! I've never recieved any stars xD. I'll try the spiritomb set.

you really don't have anything that can take a status.
I thought about this.

If I predict well enough, I do. Houndoom takes WoWs, registeel takes the main twaves and toxics. If he isn't alive, azumarill takes twaves and toxicroak toxics. For the most part though maggy can stop a lot of the status spreading. Sleep is the only thing I can't take effectively, but surprisingly most of the roserade I see are spikers, so I haven't really needed anything to take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)