SM OU We All Roost Together (Ditto Semi-Stall)

Introduction

Hello fams! Welcome to my Ditto semi-stall RMT. First, a little about myself; I've been playing competitive Pokemon on and off since 5th gen. I've mostly just use unconventional sets and have fun on the ladder. That being said, I've had some success with block Toxapex and leftovers Ditto, so I decided to build a more serious team with the two. Before I go into teambuilding, I would like to explore the viability of block Toxapex and leftovers Ditto.

Alright, let's talk about block Toxapex and how this set came into existence. With Shadow Tag and Arena Trap being banned from the OU tier, we had to resort to block, infestation, etc to trap. Magma Storm Heatran is a popular option, but is held back by its accuracy and Heatran's lack of reliable recovery, which means it can sometimes lose 1v1 to the Pokemons that it's designed to trap. I decided to look elsewhere and I drew some inspiration from block Pyukumuku to come up with block Toxapex. The difference between them is that Toxapex gives up soak and unaware for regenerator and a poison typing. That means, it has a more limited pool of Pokemons that it can trap, but gains much better survivability. Most notability, it can trap non-heal bell Chanseys, Tangrowths, and unaware Pokemons like Clefable and Quagsire. On top of that it can force bulky Pokemons like Ferrothorn and Celesteela to stay in and get burned by scald, which lets you set up on them with your other team members later.

Next up is leftovers Ditto. Giving up Choice Scarf on Ditto makes it a less reliable revenge killer, but it offers its own advantages. It lets you speed tie in trick room and you can switch moves. The ability to switch moves comes in extremely handy in certain situations. For example, 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 156 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 249-294 (83 - 98%) and 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 249-294 (95.4 - 112.6%) means that you win the 1v1 regardless of who wins the speed tie. A non-locked Mega-Medicham certainly has more opportunities to break or sweep teams. Another example is when your opponent sets up but gets their Pokemon weakened in the process. Your Ditto can come in and survive a hit but they can't, which then lets you sweep their team regardless of winning a speed tie. Of course if all else fails, you can always resort to a 50/50 to prevent yourself from getting swept.

The Team

Toxapex @ Black Sludge | Regenerator

Bold | 252 HP / 208 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
• Scald
• Block
• Roost
• Toxic

The given EVs allows it to survive 2 Choice Specs Dark Pulse from regular Greninja after Stealth Rocks. 16 speed allows it to outspeed Quagsire and Pyukumuku. You can bump it up to 56 if max speed Pyukumuku is a problem. The rest is put into HP and Def for max bulk.

Latios @ Psychium Z | Levitate

Timid | 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
• Calm Mind
• Draco Meteor
• Psyshock
• Roost

Latios covers all of Toxapex's weaknesseses, which are ground, electric, and psychic. Having Toxapex remove things like Chansey and unaware Clefable, while crippling things with burn lets Latios set up with Calm Mind easily. The Psychium Z lets Latios hit both the physical and special side; letting you get some surprise kills on things like Tapu Bulu or Buzzwole. Psyshock also helps you win Calm Mind wars. The 8 HP gives you a slightly better chance at living a Scarf Draco Meteor at +1 (252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 8 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 264-312 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO)

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite | Light Metal

Adamant | 248 HP / 52 Atk / 48 Def / 160 SpD
IVs: 30 Spe
• Bullet Punch
• U-turn
• Roost
• Pursuit

Latios has a hard time checking psychic types like Tapu Lele and Shadow Ball Mega-Alakazam. Mega-Scizor attemps to cover that gap. The 160 Sp Def lets it survive 2 Focus Blast from Mega-Alakazam or 1 Focus Blast and 1 Fightinium Z from Tapu Lele. Pursuit is for Mega-Alakazam, which is very problematic for the team. The 52 attack is for U-turn to always break a max HP and 0 Def Zygarde's Substitute. 30 speed IVs is for outslowing Tapu Bulu.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal

Careful | 248 HP / 44 Def / 156 SpD / 60 Spe
• Earthquake
• Taunt
• Roost
• Knock Off

Heatran destroys the 3 Pokemons so far on the squad. Gliscor is here to alleviate the Heatran weakness. The 60 speed is for outspeeding no investment base 102 and below. 156 Sp Def allows it to live 1 Fire Blast from Mega-Charizard-Y; good for scouting. 44 Def is for living Mega-Mawile's Play Rough + Sucker Punch. The Taunt and Knock Off lets Gliscor break Pokemons like Reuniclus or Magic Guard Clefable that Toxapex cannot handle.

Tapu Koko @ Focus Sash | Electric Surge

Timid | 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
• Volt Switch
• Dazzling Gleam
• Roost
• Toxic

Finally, Tapu Koko is here to alleviate the team's dark and flying weakness. Choice Specs Greninja's Dark Pulse is very threatening if Toxapex gets weakened or flinched. Hawlucha also runs through this team. Tapu Koko resists both of Hawlucha's Stabs, but Poison Jab is a problem. The 12 Hp lets Tapu Koko live +2 High Jump Kick after Stealth Rocks from Hawlucha. Roost lets it come in on resisted attacks repeatedly and activate Focus Sash. Toxic lets you cripple bulky ground and grass types that loves to switch in on Tapu Koko. Toxic and Focus Sash lets you get Toxic off on crucial threats and ease predictions.

Ditto @ Leftovers | Imposter

Relaxed | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
• Transform

This is your hazard setter and hazard control. Scout sets with Imposter. Your Mega-Charizard-Y check in a pinch (252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y in Sun: 139-164 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). 0 speed IVs for Hidden Power Ice. Ditto also covers Toxapex's lack of Haze as it deters setting up.

Conclusion

This is a semi-stall team where every member tries to cover each other's weaknesses. It has fantastic match up against stall as Ditto can 1v6 stall by pp stalling. No innate hazard control. Let me know if you need me to elaborate on anything. Bye & have fun.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Block
- Recover
- Toxic

Latios @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 48 Def / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 156 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

Tapu Koko @ Focus Sash
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Toxic

Ditto @ Leftovers
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)