What type of Salamence do You preffer?

What kind of Salamence do you preffer?

• Total voters
well,with so many types of salamence on the streets,i decided to make a poll.
if you chose mixed or the other option,post the move7,and if you want,post the EV's and nature to.
My choice:
MixedMence@Life Orb
Naughty 136speed/200ATK/172Satk
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Eartquake/brick break

I like Mixm Mence too, But I use the version that Anti has in his thread (uses roost, has some evs in hp)

While I'll probably never use Salamence, I'd say anything but the specs-draco meteor one, which I see far too often :(

SpecsMence is pure evil. Actually, no, Draco Meteor is pure evil.

"Hey! Lets give the type with only one resistance an Overheat-type attack!"

Nice one Gamefreak. Its a good thing we have pokemon like Blissey and some good steel types to soak up those things. Of course even the steel types won't like taking repeated meteors, especially since many of them lack recovery and Salamence has attacks to target them as well. Draco Meteor Salamence is why you always want your Blissey at full/high hp if your not playing the max special defense kind.

I love SpecsMence personally because I used its younger sibling, Elemence, in Advance to pretty good effect. Only problem then was when the opponents got smart and started sending in Blissey.

Mixmence is truely awesome.

I run

Salamence@Life Orb

Brick Break
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Roost

with 120 attack, 212 special attack, 176 speed

my set is somewhat tweaked to outspeed modest specsluke.

MixMence here, too.

MixMence @ Life Orb
Rash (+ Sp. Atk. -Sp. Def.)
Intimidate
252 Sp. Atk., 148 Atk., 108 Spd.
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Brick Break

I use it on my all special team (as you can see, it's not truly all special). Draco Meteor truly rocks, and it's great seeing Blisseys switch in and get pwned by BB. The EV spread looks a little weird, I know. I'm still toying with it. In the analysis, it's geared to outspeed CBCross, but I don't see too many of those, so, in favor of some more Atk EVs, I lowered it to outspeed Jolly Breloom. Pretty stupid, though, nobody leaves 'Loom in against a mence. Any recommendations here?

CBSala needs more love if only because most people expect the Specs version. Though the things that wall Specsmence are more easily dealt with than the things that wall CBSala.

I just use the old-school DDMence from Advance:

Braveheart @ Leftovers
Adamant@ 120/252/0/0/0/136
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Earthquake

It works to perfection since most peeps expect Specsmence and start throwing in their Blissies(I mean the 688 HP/350 Sp. Def+ builds). I Dragon Dance on the switch, and I tear the living shit out of the pink blob.

I think if a Pokemon has such a movepool like Mence, and such great bases for Attacks (135/110), the set should be mixed.

I mean, the Specs set lets such a huge 135 base attack go to waste...

strikesocom, that's exactly why I run mixed. Draco Meteor still does bucketloads of damage with the orb, and you have an easy enough time dealing with Bliss, though 'Mence won't like being paralyzed if they decide to go that route.

I mean, Specsmence is awesome and all, but why run it when you can get almost as much power (what, a .2X difference with Specs, whoopee) and the ability to smash special walls with things like Brick Break and Dragon Claw?

I run a Naughty Salamence with Flamethrower, EQ and Dragon Claw. it also has Dragon Dance as well. I use Leftovers for longetivity.

I usually run Mixmence with Roost. I've used the specs version some and it's extremely powerful, but as soon as people realize you have it Blissey comes out to wall you, and it's on basically every team. I also dislike relying too much on prediction (probably because I'm not very good at it).

I use DDMence (I first saw Marriland use it in D/P):

Salamence @ Leftovers (To negative SS damage)
110 HP / 252 Attack / 148 speed

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
Earthquake

DD on the switch, hit hard.

I like mixmence because draco meteor + Brick Break = 2HKO on blissey more often than not with life orb. If they switch in a physical wall predicting a physical mence, it gets draco meteored, if it's special it still takes the tremendous damage from meteor then gets smacked with a brick break (or dragon claw if it's cress taking the meteor). Major problem is that LO generally gives the set away as mixed after the first shot.

I use DDMence (I first saw Marriland use it in D/P):

Salamence @ Leftovers (To negative SS damage)
110 HP / 252 Attack / 148 speed

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge
Earthquake

DD on the switch, hit hard.
Salamence does not learn outrage (just to nitpick)

As bad as letting that base 135 attack go to waste is, Specmence is the salamence of choice. Draco Meteor just puts a beating on so much, it's not funny.

I have a mix/wish mence.

Lonely
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Wish
Fire Blast/Protect/Earth Quake

I sometimes change the nature if I have more special attacks. But this mence covers all of my main problems (giving my team a strong special attack as well as wish support) and is fast and strong. Intimidate is always helpful as well.

Good old DD Mence for me. Catches people expecting the ever-common SpecsMence and can still KO plenty of things.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like mixmence because draco meteor + Brick Break = 2HKO on blissey more often than not with life orb. If they switch in a physical wall predicting a physical mence, it gets draco meteored, if it's special it still takes the tremendous damage from meteor then gets smacked with a brick break (or dragon claw if it's cress taking the meteor). Major problem is that LO generally gives the set away as mixed after the first shot.
Uhh Draco Meteor without Specs is not even close to a 2hko on Blissey. If you add in a life Orb with BB, it still doesn't do the job, unless you give it attack EVs over speed to let the 270s outspeed you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)