NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd shoot jalmont, he's done nothing throughout this game. I'd shoot fh since he's the most suspicious out of all three. I'd shoot moody, who's also done nothing. I'd shoot ag who at the very least is gonna listen to us unlike haruno. I don't have anyone I'm reluctant to shoot, if theyre town I die but idc, and if they're mafia, I get to keep shooting.
Also what did you mean by the 'angry' question?
jalmont: accurate
fh: no, this is not a reason. WHY is fh suspicious, what makes him more suspicious than the other 2.
moody: accurate
ag: this seems flimsy

is there anyone you want to shoot in a group you already picked someone from, IE it displeases you to not be able to select twin AND jalmont or something

w-d replied but ultimately the rationale here is lacking. fh being suspicious may be a somewhat consensus view but WHY w-d finds him suspicious is absent from that explanation and seems scummier than anything else.

Yeti

dark saturday
"@Hitmonleet what do you prioritize when scumhunting and what do you find most often is a misleading "scumtell" done by town? what players in this game have exhibited either and what are your reads on them?"

As for what I prioritize when scumhunting more than anything, it's a player's rationale, their reason behind their thoughts. Just because they correctly found half of the Mafia doesn't mean anything if their reasons are half-baked. This is one of the primary reasons I scumread FH; his ideas don't have the logic behind it, they're lacking in the towny forethought.

As for misleading tells, it's my belief that two major ones are vocalness/aggression and stubbornness. People tend to think "oh, they're being harsh and brash, they must be mafia!" But some people just want and need their voices to be heard, and they think people won't listen unless they're loud and use a lot of braggadocio to get attention. This is how I think that Josh tends to play, along with Haruno (although he also trips all of my scumdars, to steal a turn of phrase). Meanwhile, some people will find someone, or some sort of lead, and, due to believing nobody would listen to it otherwise, they keep bringing it up over and over again and refusing to listen to the other side of the issue because they believe nobody will listen otherwise. I tend to do this sometimes, and it's just a general tick that people do every once and a while, because they have an idea, and they just want people to listen.

Now, counterquestion for Yeti here, what are your current thoughts on UncleSam, and how do you feel about idlers? Finally, what do you think is most important when it comes to scumhunting?
im leaning scum on sam now, hes not trying at all and his attempt to say go ahead, shoot yeti to poof is totally unlike town!sam who always values active, forceful voices that could be town until proven otherwise. there are enough people saying if 1 of us flips scum the other is prob scum and if 1 of us flips town the other is prob town so i think scum!sam has a great deal more reason to campaign for me to be shot (early) thinking as i mentioned before, i prob wont shoot him, and itll clean him to other people more than me not being shot would.

i think spotting narrative-shifters and underminers is the most important element of scumhunting. people who consistently misinterpret or misrepresent something someone says are almost always mafia because it benefits mafia the most to post a skewed narrative. you can't make me look scummy by saying i make a lot of posts and ask a lot of questions so instead you get noise like DBW (and you) claiming i make a lot of filler posts which is simply not true and anyone can read the thread and verify i produce content, a lot more than most of the game does. town never has a reason to try and distort the truth, only mafia does.

next is obviously posting reads without reasons behind them as i have explained several times in the thread. it is way too easy for scum to hide behind throwaway posts/lines they can shift the weight or seriousness behind when called out on later in the game and not requiring people to post reasons for their reads (IE w-d cannot just say "fh is suspicious" without WHY he is suspicious that is some noise) is simply letting scum hide very easily. scum get fleshed out when they have to elaborate on their thoughts and keep a consistent narrative from their PoV while also keeping in mind their teammates and who on the village they want to get mislynched/shot ASAP; it becomes too many things to keep consistent when you ACTUALLY push them for elaboration over and over. ppl who avoid giving it in the first place (empoof) rub me wrong.

Yeti

dark saturday
dbw should be shot come on this dude is not even trying.

w-d and moody quickly following. fort is pretty high up there, that most recent post is a half effort. no elaboration for why he'd shoot those people but he does raise an interesting PoV that we should townhunt instead of scumhunt which i feel only DLE has really suggested otherwise.. i guess i'd say from this if one of fort/dle flips mafia i would shoot the other as that may be a convo in scumchat for them to bring up and try and gain towncred for. i think hes a pretty good candidate for a shot but there do seem to be glimpses.

id shoot ag before fh; i dont scumread fh like other people do but i do think he's sounded kind of.. certain of my alliance at times which i can't see why he'd KNOW unless he's mafia. he makes more posts than the above 4 users combined though so at the very least he's a contributing factor.

ag i feel like has thrown in a lot of little helpful tidbits lately like "josh which user did you actually mean" to act like he's asking a helpful question/being active but ultimately not propelling solving THIS SPECIFIC GAME forward any. to further expand on my above answer, hitmonleet, ppl who do that sort of fake news contribution wherein they try and ask/clarify or answer ultimately irrelevant questions that don't tell anything about their alliance are almost assuredly scum imo. its a free pc+1 that looks beneficial but actually isn't.

Yeti

dark saturday
i dislike how jalmont and twin seem pretty determined to not contribute to this game despite definitely being intelligent players; similar with dle who makes drive-by posts and peaces tf out. again there's just a lot of internal information held by these 3 users that is p much unavailable to the other players in the game that could be insightful. whether by fleshing out their most likely scummates or forcing scum to take a definitive stance on them besides "idler without posts, seems weird??" oh same goes for blazade. ill call out sam here again too idling cuck.

Yeti

dark saturday
this is kind of hard to be conclusive with for a scumteam because theres just SO MANY MISSING PIECES and interactions, thanks idling cucks, but i'll posit likeliest pools:

shot 1
dbw

likely 2/3, next shots:
winter-delta
moodycloud
fort colorcastle
something tells me that of these idling relative newbies, not ALL of them are mafia. i'd imagine the scumteam would be trying a bit harder if it was 4 idlers to persuade them to talk, or knights of cydonia would make a sub.
assuming dbw flips mafia i think the priority is w-d then fort, if all 3 of these are mafia i think you skip moody and go to likely-scumbuddy for dbw in dle, after that really inexplicable dbw post defending him. dle idled his way through fire & ice as mafia, it's not unheard of at all.

good candidate to be shot at this point in time regardless:
ag
if you have a chain of 3 scum from the above then you've only got 3 left so i think you try and eliminate ag at this point in time; if you've crossed off dle from likely contention and only have 1-2 then ag's likelihood of being mafia is pretty darn good. i place him as more suspicious than other frequent enough contributors like former hope and hitmonleet. i do think that town!ag if he gets the gun is going to be very analytical with it and cautious as well as listen to those in the game, so at the juncture of getting 3 scum decreasing his odds of being scum, having him get the gun but be cleaned isn't a terrible play. if he's got higher odds of being scum (which i think he is) you just get rid of him. you could easily shoot ag before the above i just think it's a more successful strategy to shoot him after dealing with the serial idlers.

if it's moody who's mafia within these 4 (plus i am p sure 1+ other will be) i think you skip shooting dle and move on to this pool, which he is also in:
idling experienced:
twin
jalmont
unclesam
blazade
dle
not all of these are mafia. how many obviously gets dictated by how many of the above 4 idlers turn up mafia, and if dle has already been shot (dbw-->fort-->dle chain) or excluded from shooting (dbw/fort not mafia). i think you shoot sam first of these if you're not shooting dle. sam feels too willing to get rid of other goods this game. then you see what contributions the other 3 have made in the meantime. this whole dgaf to post ayy attitude from jalmont and twin is garbage and blazade seems busy but cognizant he's being useless so i would pick between twin/jalmont before blazade, after sam.

next likely in descending order:
asek
josh
former hope/hitmonleet
i personally feel fh/leet are like, about at the same odds of scumminess for me atm. which isn't to say i find them particularly scummy. just i don't see much to separate them. i think josh has been a bit more of a contributor than asek overall, i haven't played enough with asek to know if he's just generally sort of bullish and unhelpful himself while loving to call others out on it or what but i would shoot him before i shot josh. i would be extremely shocked if all 4 of these were mafia, i think this group holds the last mafia member if you get 2-3 from the first 4, ag is a variable, and only 2 from the above 5.

if the above has all gone totally wrong i think josh-hitmonleet/flyhn scumteam should be heavily considered instead of shooting at asek or fh.

i would only shoot him atm if twin and josh flipped mafia, and if twin does he shoots up in priority to grill:
flyhn
i dont want to let flyhn slide but i also dont think hes a priority rn, there are a mass of people doing less than flyhn who shouldnt be doing that little who i think are much more likely candidates. this will be reconsidered and flyhn will move up to above the last 4 i listed

already shot, known town:
empoof
im not surprised he's town and i really wish we knew why haruno felt so strongly he wasn't (also why he thought there was this big twin-flyhn connection) zzz

only a buffoon would shoot:
me

my most likely scumteam would be:
dbw
w-d
fort
dle
unclesam
twin or jalmont

but i also think the team of:
dbw
w-d
moody
unclesam
twin
asek
should not be discarded as a very plausible option.

for the confused u can take each category as a different level of scum/town read from heavy scumread to fair scumread to scumread to nullytown to town. there are obviously way fewer scum than i actually have in each category but again i don't find there to be enough to decisively go off of at this point in the game, and 1 shot whether accurate or a misfire will be very insightful into the odds of others in the category being scum or not.

Actually blazade is actually a decent suspect at being scum because of his one definitive read was sam being the most towny person here which makes absolutely no sense imo.
Also if blazade does flip scum we should take another look at flyhn because blazade also piggy backed on the flyhn town reads by saying scum flyhn would never bus like that which isn't possible to know since the one scum game flyhn has was paranoia where he idled then got subbed out pretty much instantly.

jalmont: accurate
fh: no, this is not a reason. WHY is fh suspicious, what makes him more suspicious than the other 2.
moody: accurate
ag: this seems flimsy

is there anyone you want to shoot in a group you already picked someone from, IE it displeases you to not be able to select twin AND jalmont or something

w-d replied but ultimately the rationale here is lacking. fh being suspicious may be a somewhat consensus view but WHY w-d finds him suspicious is absent from that explanation and seems scummier than anything else.
take a look at my explanation of my scumreads, directly after my iso of us. oh and id like to shoot dbw and moody, for the same reason as jalmont

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And you've done..... what, exactly?
okay... and this is stretching... but i think fh and yeti are both scum if either one is, probably both. they've been buddying the fuck out of each other when both have been scummy slots. fh liked this post which brought this buddying to my attention (liking a post like this is not particularly alignment indicative but it still has implications). look at every mention of yeti and fh in the others' iso; it's all buddying, all complimenting, mostly complimenting, reasoning is stretching. the fact they want to suggest I've done nothing triggers me because unlike The Useless Walls of Yeti (tm) I created a lot of the content d1 and pretty much drove the thread. you can argue I've been scummy but it's shady as shit to try and discredit one of the two extremely active people (hi poof) by implying they've contributed nothing. maybe this is just omgus? reading every yeti and fh interaction I'm comfortable calling them partners if either flips scum

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Concidering I just ISO'd Yeti, I feel like I should point this out. Former has been buddying Yeti a fair bit from what I recall, but where exactly has Yeti dome the same? I did a full ISO and I didn't see any mention of Former that was any better than "meh"

Becuase I was busy binge reading manga instead of taking activity tallies, I overlooked a few important things yesterday.

are we in twilight now until koc updates?

just...... wat
Yes, this is it exactly. I don't have a cohost to cover for me if a Gunbearer makes their shot while I'm offline. So please understand that usually there will be a delay between shots and results.

72 hours plz no
Becuase this is another big change to the game's format, I want to put it to a vote.

48 hour cycles: Yes or No?

(If the Yeses have it, the change will come into effect in the cycle after voting results are announced.)

And last but not least...

Paperblade has been modkilled for inactivity. He was the Secret Unlisted Wolf.

Paperblade

You are the Secret Unlisted Wolf.

Once per cycle, you may kill another player by PMing me the command Kill: Name of Player.
Because you are a secret to the game, you may not post in the thread.
Activity rules only apply to your actions.

You win if you are still alive when the scum and all Townies except the last Gunbearer are dead.
If I've missed any other important modly matters, please ping me about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)