Wii online play security and PBR?

I heard that they're releasing an AR for the Wii. Will this make it through PBR's wifi cheat filters and ruin it just like the wifi battle tower in D/P, or does the Wii's wifi system have more security? I really have no idea how it works but I'm sure someone here does. That would make me want to sell my Wii if the wifi turned into DS wifi.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
My bet is that they will just release a firmware update that will make the AR useless, they already did that for freeloaders and modded consoles.

I was unaware there was any sort of filtering in the first place. I don't suppose someone could elaborate?

Yeah, that would be hella lame.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If someone could extrapolate on what the hell an AR is, that'd be great.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ohhh, I see. In that case, I would hope they would have a way to block its use over the WiFi, otherwise that will completely ruin the experience, much like I imagine it is to fight against sharked pokemon.

Ohhh, I see. In that case, I would hope they would have a way to block its use over the WiFi, otherwise that will completely ruin the experience, much like I imagine it is to fight against sharked pokemon.
as bad as that is, Hacking as ruining Metroid Prime Hunters the most.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought PAR/GameShark for Disc Consoles used freeloaders. If that's the case, then Wii Version 3.0U solves that case.

My bet is that they will just release a firmware update that will make the AR useless, they already did that for freeloaders and modded consoles.
They haven't made an update that screws over modded consoles. But they have changed the internals of the wii. They made it harder to attach a mod chip to your wii. And by harder i mean near impossible with the current mod chip out. Which is a reason alot of people are trying to buy old wiis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)