SM Ubers Wobbuffet Hyper Offence

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus

Introduction

Hello everyone. I'm here with a Hyper Offence team built around one of the most fun ubers to use: shadow tag Wobbuffet. This is my first attempt at making a Hyper Offence team, so critisism welcome. Anyways, let's get to the team.

The Team

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Wobbuffet is who the team is built around. It's a good partner for any sweeper, due to the ability to trap some checks and create setup opportunities for it's teammates. It's role is, as stated above, mostly encoring opponents into moves they don't want to be encores into. For example, encoring pdon into precipice blades to setup with Mega Mence. It can also stop geo xern in a pinch, since xern is a big threat to the team. The set is pretty standard, able to live a moonblast from +2 xern without rocks. Originally had safeguard over destiny bond, but I never needed it, even though dbond is very situational, it was more useful than safeguard.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Xerneas was a natural choice for the team, being one of the best mons in ubers, and able to abuse Wobbuffet' encore to set up. Xerneas is usually used as a late-game cleaner, and to help with yveltal, which are so annoying for this team. The set is just standard geo xern, hp evs to take two lo yveltal oblivion wings, speed to outspeed +1 adamant mega mence, which is helpful. Not much else to say, just a solid yveltal answer and late game cleaner.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Every ubers team needs a pdon, and mine is no different. Pdon can easily take advantage of encored twave or water move to set up, and once it's set up, it's hard to stop. Pdon is generally used to take some powerful attacks, thanks to its great natural bulk, and is my primary switch-in to pogre and geo xern. The set is pretty standard, the bulk is to live a +2 xerneas moonblast, the speed for scarf lando at +2, and the attack to hit as hard as possible. I initially had sd over fire punch, then stone edge, but I didn't really need it because it hits hard enough already, and stone edge and fire punch are both really wanted on this team. Not much more to say, it's PDON.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

The team didn't have a mega yet, and salamence pairs nicely with wobb and pdon, able to take advantage of a lot of encored attacks, and is immune to ground moves for pdon. Like pdon, early game it can break mons like defensive pdon, while taking attacks and roosting off the damage once megaed. One thing I like is it can switch in to willos and boost its facade while being harder to revenge. Not much to say about the set, it's standard Dd mence, but it serves the team quite well. Facade over Eq cause I have pdon for steels and facade allows it to setup vs encored willos and (in a pinch) toxics.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

The team desperately needed priority, and I didn't have an arc form yet. This thing is my main rker and a lot of times, my late-game cleaner. Arc also doubles as my ghost immunity, because Lunala is a threat and I don't have a ghost resist. The set is a pretty standard bulky ekiller set, only thing to note is I have recover over Eq. Like I said above, I don't really need Eq, I have pdon, drill, and just wearing things down, and recover is very useful.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Drill is here because I thought to myself "Hmm, I need a lead that can set up rocks, spin if needed, and have a good offensive precence." As you can see, drill was a natural fit. Plus, it's ground typing comes in handy vs opposing xern checks (Magearna, Solgaleo, pdon). Toxic is to annoy defoggers like arc-water and gira-o. I usually lead with him, get up rocks, throw off eqs and toxics until it goes down. The set is standard, nothing else to say here.

Threats and Conclusion

My team isn't perfect, so here are some annoying mons for my team:

Yveltal- Especially if specs, because then it can just click oblivion wing and get a kill every time it comes in. I try and limit it's switch-in opps with rocks up and not throwing off attacks it's immune or resistant to.

Primal Kyogre- Really, my only switch-in to this thing is pdon, so when it comes in on pdon, it's hard to do something about it without sacking something or letting wobb take a lot of damage. Mence can't even come in on a water move if not yet megaed, it takes ~70% from origin pulse.

Mega Lucario- Priority in general is annoying for the team, but mega luke takes the proverbial cake, as it's resistant to espeed and does a ton to arc.

There are probably more threats, I just can't think of them off the top of my head, and these are the main ones.

In conclusion, I welcome harsh criticism if need be, since I'm still not the greatest at teambuilding, and hope you have a nice day.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)