WSC#14

It's not a critique unless you also offer a viable solution. "Better" themes is extremely subjective in that some people may enjoy a theme while others do not.

The reason I didn't enter this week is b/c I didn't feel like scratching this week and my normal Sprite resources have to get beat with a stick in order to give me a decent Trainer Sprite. Dragonfly Cave doesn't use Trainers, and Bulbapedia uses a background identical to the outline, so when MS Paint comes up, I fill the background with white and the outline disintegrates. And I'm too lazy to find another resource. And I'm brainstorming for Most Humorous/Original Trophies. And I'm playing a new online MonPoc sim in the form of Vassel. So yeah, I'm kinda distracted right now.

EDIT: Gee Igor, could you be any more blunt?
Printscreen. That's how I did my first WSC sprite.

Edit: Ninja'd, dangit.

I think the problem with the background on the Bulbapedia sprites is that they don't have a background at all, but Paint can't understand that so it fills it in black and screws up the outline. Black being both the default paint colour as well as the colour of the outline.

When I opened the same file that was all black in paint in a different program, Paint.net, it came up just the sprite with an invisible or non existent back.

Just checked it with a few more and it seems to vary from picture to picture. FRLG Giovanni showed up with a black background on paint, but transparent on paint.net. Same with Yellow Version's 'Red' sprite. On the contrary, Vaporeon (silver), Gold (HGSS & Crystal) and a gen 1 'Rocker' all showed up with white backgrounds on paint. Those ones were still transparent on Paint.net however. So I am probably wrong on the "default" thing, but I can't really think of another reason at the moment.

As said before the print screen method does work as well, but you may wish to also try a different program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)