ORAS OU X-Wing's Horn, HO Team : Peak 1640. Megagross+Keldeo+Thundy.

Greeting Everyone, And welcome to my ORAS OU Team based around Mega metagross.

<What I think About Mega Metagross + Keldeo and Thundurus and a Brief explanation of the synergy of theese 3>
So, Mega metagross, as we all know is a power house, After the HUGE nerf to him in X&Y getting rid of Steel's Dark and ghost resistances gave this guy alot of trouble. It looked like it cannot make a comeback to the competitive scene, HOWEVER, after ORAS came out, the true power of metagross, Mega metagross was awakened.Mega metagross is a really good mega for Offensive teams in the OU tier. However, It does have a few drawbacks, It gets walled by bulky ground types even with Ice punch and Fat Water and Psychic types. To cover all theese things, Keldeo and Thundurus comes in, Thundurus takes care of slowbro and stuff while keldeo deals with Hippo and other stuff. After the Metagross Counters are gone, it just is unstoppable.

Enough Discussion I guess, Let's get to the team.

THE TEAM

X-Wing (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
This guy is absolutely fierce denting holes in teams who doesn't have a counter for this guy. Some common guys which compleytely wall him is Skarmory slowbro etc, Which thundurus handles. I choose bullet punch over Ice punch since I needed some kind of priority and keldeo can handle Landrous and other mons. so can Thundurus wihch can safely switch in on earthquake and OHKO Gliscor or Landrous with HP Ice. Overall, this guy does pretty decent. I don't have much to say about it. Hammer arm is for bisharp and Heatran and Pursuit Tyranitar.

Thor (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
This guy is there to support Mega gross and make it outspeed alot of thigns with PrankWave. And
it takes care of Many metagross checks. Forms a solid core with it. HP Ice is for lando's and Gliscor's. Thundebolt is obvious. Focus blast for Steel and Dark types such as Bisharp etc.

Moist Horn (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
Hippowdon? Take that Hydro Pump 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 716-846 (264.2 - 312.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Bisharp? LOL Scizor? LOL Rotom-W think he is safe and he is so beast and can volt turn on me. lemme think...hm...252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 279-328 (86.3 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO LOLOL. Well, to be descriptive. This guy is literally a Beast. It counters lot, and by that i mean ALOT of the meta.Takes out fat bulky pokemon for em and cleans up after metagross Punches the holes.

Broken Bird (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
Literally broken bird. Just the drawback is missing Hurricane. A confusion is nice. It Cleans up some stuff and is a revenge killer. Can help the tema a lot with LO Hurricane's. Regenerator keeps it healthy so it does not fall quickly. Heat wave is for Scizors and other steel Types. Knock off is just really good Knocking off Scarfs and Bands. It has access to a strong Flying STAB move in Hurricane and complementary coverage to break down Pokemon that resist Flying. Tornadus-T also sports a base 121 Speed stat, which allows it to outspeed much of the unboosted OU metagame.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 63 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 153 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
This guy is another revenge killer and handles Latios and Latias for my keldeo. Also pursuit traps some Fat Psychic types. Stone Edge With a Adamant Nature And Choice Band Hits INCREDIBLY hard. Lemme show you a calc to telll you the power of this beast.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 364-430 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage. it can also take up hits and dish out damage in return.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Superpower vs. 252 HP / 170+ Def Ferrothorn: 278-328 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
Last but not the least. Sand Rush Exca. It outspeeds the entire unboosted meta helping me to revenge kill mega ala Mega man and Mega Lop. And Mega Aero and Mega Beedrill too. Earthquake is 100 Base Power stab Move with with 405 attack and Life Orb Hits Hard as hell. Rapid spin is to remove annoying rocks allowing my genies to come in. Iron heead is anotehr STAB move. Rock slid is for thundurus and Other Flying types.

Please Help me make my team better. it will be really appreciated. Thank you for rading all this out. Have a good day and as always.LEND ME YOUR ENERGy!!!!!!!!! :P​

Ehy :)
It seems a solid and nice team, but i think that there are things to improve. My first suggest is to try Chople Berry Tyranitar: your team haven't a hazard setter, that is more important in this metagame, SR Tyranitar give you a good stealth rock Support and helps vs Charizard Y and Gengar/Alakazam (That are a weakness for your team) with Chople Berry. I think that this EVs Spread is good for your team because allows you to take two +1 Dragon Claws from Mega Charizard X after Stealth Rock damage that is really good! The Evs in SpD instead, helps Tyranitar take special attacks better, such as Latios's Draco Meteor and Heatran's Fire Blast. Ice Beam allows you against Garchomp and Landorus-T that they stop Meta and Exca sweep.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Pice Beam

Lopunny is really annoyng for this team, because outspeed each pokemon of your team. My suggest is to try Scarf keldeo>Specs that help you with this problem and give you a good second revegekiller that is better.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

Ah your team is really weak to Excadrill that outspeed each pokemon of your team. My suggest is to try Air Ballon>Life Orb on Excadrill that allows you with this problem. Jolly nature>Adamant on excadrill for outspeed other adamant excadrill
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tornadus-T Life Orb is useless in this team, my suggest is to try Assault Vest>Life Orb because help you against Manaphy and Keldeo, that are really annoyng for this team. The 160 Special Attack EVs guarantee an OHKO on Keldeo with Hurricane.
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Summary of the changes:
  • Change the set on Tyranitar
  • Change the set on Keldeo
  • Change the set on tornadus-T
  • Change the set on Excadrill
Team Complete:
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Pice Beam

X-Wing (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Hope help you :)

Hello Astral, thanks for the rate. Will definitely try those changes out. However the thing that bugs me is any reason you changed FB to Knock off on Thundurus and even with a Timid nature? Kinda confuses me.

Hi Champof2016/17 :]
Your team isn't bad, but I found some faults that don't exploit the full capabilities of your Pokemon.
On first, Your Metagross doesn't guarantee you a lot of revenue... He enter on the ko range of any Gardevoir or Diancie. I use it with this spread:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

This set is a pure Sweeper and it guarantees more offensiveness bulkyness and at the same time.

An other problem for your team is Rotom-W, 'cause you can't enter with anyone that you beaks an Hydro Pump or a Will-o-Wisp and it's bad for your team.

My advice is to put Assault Vest Serperior > Tornadus, this item isn't used on Serperior but I tried it and works very well, is a great pivot for Rotom-W and and not lose coverage vs Manaphy and Keldeo.

But there is a better option: Put Raikou AV > Thundurus, you lose Thunder Wave, yes, but the coverage is the same and hold on to more stuff. I'd also like to make you see that your team is very fast, so you don't need a support with Thunder Wave. If you feel up to change the starting core, I suggest rather that. The choice is yours!

Your team:

With Assault Vest Serperior>Tornadus

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Pice Beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

With Assault Vest Raikou > Thundurus

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Pice Beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Hammer Arm
- Rock Polish

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hope to help you! :D

Hi there. I like your idea of pursuiting psychic types to let keldeo have an easier time sweeping. I will make my changes to help with Offense.

Ok first I suggest you run Grass Knot over Bullet Punch on metagross-mega. This allows your metagross to hit things like slowbro/hippowdown allowing your excadrill and keldeo to have an easier time sweeping teams.

Ok next i notice how the team dosent have a rocker. This is why i suggest chople tyranitar over choice band tyranitar. Chople tyranitar will get up rocks and still pursuit psychic types for keldeo. Choice Band Tyranitar is meant to break stall but you already have a life orb tornadus-therian to break stall. You also have the option to run ice beam on tyranitar to let you catch things like landorus-therian/garchomp/gliscor allowing your metagross-mega and excadrill to have an easier time sweeping. Chople tyranitar also allows you to deal with things like gengar/charizard y/hoopa-unbound/alakazam which otherwise gets a kill.

Another suggestion I have is too run taunt over heatwave on tornadus-therian. This allows tornadus-therian to stall break better because you stop things like chansey/skarmory from recovering off. Theres also other benefits from using taunt like not allowing things to status you or not allowing mons to set up, and not allowing mons to hazard up.

One last thing you can consider is nasty plot over thunder wave on thundurs allowing you to do better versus defensive teams and it gives u a win con. But thunder wave is cool too allowing you too slow down mons for keldeo/metagross so its up to you.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Changes In short:
Grass Knot>Bullet Punch allows you to lure for slowbro/hippowdown to let keldeo and excadrill to sweep easier
Chople Berry>Choice Band gives you rocks and choice band is not needed because you already have a stall breaker in tornadus
Taunt>Heat Wave lets you stallbreak better by not letting mons status u/setup/recover
Nasty Plot>Thunder Wave Do more damage to defensive teams but keeping thunder wave is cool to slow down mons.

Last edited:
Hello Astral, thanks for the rate. Will definitely try those changes out. However the thing that bugs me is any reason you changed FB to Knock off on Thundurus and even with a Timid nature? Kinda confuses me.
No sorry, is an error. Your Thundurus set's is good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)