Other XY OU Viability Ranking Thread (V2) (Last update on post #5189)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's true I guess, but if you go like this: Charizard -> Bisharp -> Blissey, then Blissey is crippled by Knock Off the next turn, and the Sun won't be up unless you've Mega Evolved, which isn't always the case, so the Sun isn't always 100%, and there's the fact that Fire Blast could miss. All your points are very valid, but I still think it should stay where it is.

The fact that Blissey is not screwed over by Knock Off, can damage Ghost-types (especially those with Substitute) by running a special move, can escape trappers by using Shed Shell and CAN EVEN RUN A CALM MIND SET IF SHE NEEDS TO (I know CM Blissey is bad with that 75 base special attack, but still.) is enough imo to differentiate herself from Chansey.

Blissey is not outclassed at all, damn it.
Blissey is certainly screwed over by knock off, as leftovers recovery is one of the ONLY reasons to use it over chansey.

Ghost types shouldn't even be a concern: you have 5 other spots for a reason.

and lol calm mind

blissey has several niches over chansey in that if it gets knock offed by lando-i it can still avoid the 2hko from focus blast while chansey cannot. its easy to say that you just shouldnt let chansey get knock offed but often times chansey is stall's best or only switchin to lando so this situation can happen quite a bit. to the people saying that chansey can weaken or harm goth with stoss or toxic you are completely wrong lol against the right set chansey will end up doing no damage at all except from struggles, and wont even be able to stop gothitelle from tricking back its scarf at the end. shed shell blissey is pretty dumb but you can counter team certain stall teams that rely on goth and they wont really be able to do anything about it. Also it can nail bisharp/aegis switchins with fire blast which is nice. im not saying its better than chansey at all but it has its niches so it should deserve to stay where it is.

Wait, I thought Aegislash really had one set that is effective. Others are not worth a damn to even bother. Aegislash is pretty straightforward if you ask me.. far from versatile. I have seen so many Aegis that abuse the same set over and over again it's gotten to the point where it became so very predictable it's not even funny. It's like my brain insta knows what to do when I see one, and how to take it out. That's not very 'unpredictable' in my book. Maybe I'm only playing against the lame SD/KS set, or maybe I'm only playing bad players?

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wait, I thought Aegislash really had one set that is effective. Others are not worth a damn to even bother. Aegislash is pretty straightforward if you ask me.. far from versatile. I have seen so many Aegis that abuse the same set over and over again it's gotten to the point where it became so very predictable it's not even funny. It's like my brain insta knows what to do when I see one, and how to take it out. That's not very 'unpredictable' in my book. Maybe I'm only playing against the lame SD/KS set, or maybe I'm only playing bad players?
Aegislash has so many sets: SD, KS+SD, SubToxic, Crumbler, All-Out-Attacker, Autonomize, and there are probably more that I can't remember now. Aegislash is Gen 5 Jirachi in that it is extremely versatile.

Blissey is certainly screwed over by knock off, as leftovers recovery is one of the ONLY reasons to use it over chansey.

Ghost types shouldn't even be a concern: you have 5 other spots for a reason.

and lol calm mind
And the only reason to use Chansey over Blissey is because of Eviolite, which can also be Knocked Off. So flawed logic is flawed.

Swords Dance, SubToxic, CRUMBLER, Autotomotize, All-Out Attacker, Metal Sound, Dual Booster, and a lot more, it's very very versatile.

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Come on Aegislash is not that versatile. It's basically standard max HP mixed tank (which can run a bunch of moves) or SubToxic, and the occasional speedy LO or very occasional speedy SD. Most of the other stuff mentioned is pretty bad. It's so good simply because what it does it is absolutely amazing at and does very well in the metagame.

Aegislash has so many sets: SD, KS+SD, SubToxic, Crumbler, All-Out-Attacker, Autonomize, and there are probably more that I can't remember now. Aegislash is Gen 5 Jirachi in that it is extremely versatile.
Swords Dance, SubToxic, CRUMBLER, Autotomotize, All-Out Attacker, Metal Sound, Dual Booster, and a lot more, it's very very versatile.
Out of all the sets you guys mentioned above the only things besides the standard set that's even worth considering is Sub/Toxic. And Metal Sound, wow. Bro I shit you not, I have never ever seen anyone running metal sound on Aeigislash.

How many sets it can run, it doesn't even matter. I think it's the way people play them which makes Aegislash so predictable.

Out of all the sets you guys mentioned above the only things besides the standard set that's even worth considering is Sub/Toxic. And Metal Sound, wow. Bro I shit you not, I have never ever seen anyone running metal sound on Aeigislash.

How many sets it can run, it doesn't even matter. I think it's the way people play them which makes Aegislash so predictable.
Metal Sound got a mention on the analysis, which means it must be worth it somehow.

Metal Sound got a mention on the analysis, which means it must be worth it somehow.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's good. I've never seen it. And I think I know the reason why. And what Jukain above said pretty much sums up Aegislash that you're going to ever encounter. When you see one, you know what people are going to do with it. And you know how to go about bringing it down. He's very good at what he does, but he's far from versatile. Especially with the more settled down metagame now.

What is everyone's thoughts on Mega Pinsir in the current Meta?
With the usage of Rotom-W and stall going down, Pinsir's been working very well for me recently. A free switch into it means something getting demolished by Frustration, and after a SD the only offensive Pokemon that check it are Talonflame/fast Electric types.

With the usage of Rotom-W and stall going down, Pinsir's been working very well for me recently. A free switch into it means something getting demolished by Frustration, and after a SD the only offensive Pokemon that check it are Talonflame/fast Electric types.
Pls v8man u need to run Return pls pls pls. ;_; <- (I am crying)
All the dittos are running frustration now lol.

Pinsir's been running good for me. Nothing like early meta but he's still a solid threat. But everyone and their mother runs thundurus so Rotom's decline in usage is only a half-blessing.

Exist two types of Knock Off:
-The ones used as an attacking move (Bisharp, Mega Absol, Weavile).
-The ones used mainly to take out an item (Landorus, some Thundurus).

For the former, neither Chansey or Blissey can't switch at all. The niche is that Blissey can switch on utility Knock Offs, because losing Leftovers is better than losing Eviolite.

In general, Chansey is superior to Blissey in this metagame. However, it can't be considered completely outclassed because: 1) Leftovers recovery, 2) take average special attacks better (thanks to Leftovers), 3) Knock Off and 4) Ability to lure with special attacks.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Exist two types of Knock Off:
-The ones used as an attacking move (Bisharp, Mega Absol, Weavile).
-The ones used mainly to take out an item (Landorus, some Thundurus).

For the former, neither Chansey or Blissey can't switch at all. The niche is that Blissey can switch on utility Knock Offs, because losing Leftovers is better than losing Eviolite.

In general, Chansey is superior to Blissey in this metagame. However, it can't be considered completely outclassed because: 1) Leftovers recovery, 2) take average special attacks better (thanks to Leftovers), 3) Knock Off and 4) Ability to lure with special attacks.
You do realize if you see a Thundurus with Knock Off than it's more than likely Physical and about to make you its bitch, right?

Neither should be switching into or staying in on anything that is known to carry Knock Off since it will just result in them dying anyway. Since they would never willingly put themselves in that sort of situation, Chansey > Blissey.

No way Chansey is A-.With thundewave+Seismic toss+Softboiled+Wish she can handle half of the metagame all by herself.She is at the core of every stall team.Even if she's A- how can Blissey be C rank?We all know Chansey+Eviolite>Blissey but not by THAT much.

Is Registeel viable in OU? I just lost a match against a team who had one, and it was pretty effective.

The things functions like Deo-D, being a pain in the ass to kill and using support moves. But since it doesn't learn spikes, it uses SR then focuses on coming in and out and spamming Thunder Wave. Its bulk is even better than Deo-D, and its typing is great too.

No way Chansey is A-.With thundewave+Seismic toss+Softboiled+Wish she can handle half of the metagame all by herself.She is at the core of every stall team.Even if she's A- how can Blissey be C rank?We all know Chansey+Eviolite>Blissey but not by THAT much.
Because Chansey does almost everything better than Blissey and why run Blissey when you can run a 100% superior version. It can carry some special attacks but they don't hurt at all and Seismic Toss is often stronger. Blissey is not a bad Pokemon but Chansey is 99.9% better.

Is Registeel viable in OU? I just lost a match against a team who had one, and it was pretty effective.

The things functions like Deo-D, being a pain in the ass to kill and using support moves. But since it doesn't learn spikes, it uses SR then focuses on coming in and out and spamming Thunder Wave. Its bulk is even better than Deo-D, and its typing is great too.
Registeel is mostly a worse version of Deo-D imo, because it lacks reliable recovery, has a smaller usable movepool, is much slower, and has a useless ability (Pressure isn't the best ability either, but at least it has some use, especially when combined with Recover). If you want something that can repeatedly set Stealth Rock and spread paralysis, you might as well use a bulky Recover set on Deo-D. Registeel has better typing and slightly better bulk, but that's about as far as it goes and those things aren't really enough to warrant use over better existing things.

Because Chansey does almost everything better than Blissey and why run Blissey when you can run a 100% superior version. It can carry some special attacks but they don't hurt at all and Seismic Toss is often stronger. Blissey is not a bad Pokemon but Chansey is 99.9% better.
I agree, but she doesn't deserve to be two tiers below her
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 160-190 (24.9 - 29.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 241-285 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 30.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 391-462 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 286-337 (44.6 - 52.5%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

I agree, but she doesn't deserve to be two tiers below her
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 160-190 (24.9 - 29.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 241-285 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 30.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 391-462 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 286-337 (44.6 - 52.5%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO
What the heck are these calcs?
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 381-448 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (still a 2HKO without)
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 520-613 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 160-190 (24.9 - 29.5%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Sun: 202-238 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- 65.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

You can't give Blissey 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and give Chansey 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD, both should be the latter spread, in which case Chansey is eons bulkier. What's the point you're trying to make by posting those?

What the heck are these calcs?
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 381-448 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (still a 2HKO without)
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 520-613 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 160-190 (24.9 - 29.5%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Sun: 202-238 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- 65.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

You can't give Blissey 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and give Chansey 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD, both should be the latter spread, in which case Chansey is eons bulkier. What's the point you're trying to make by posting those?
People are posting Chansey spreads with 4HP. If it's meant to be a wish passer, wouldn't the optimal spread be 252 HP / 252+ Def?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)