Your favorite pokemon generation?

Which pokemon generation is your favorite?

• 1st Generation-Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • 2nd Generation-Gold/Silver/Crystal

Votes: 64 43.0%
  • 3rd Generation-Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • 4th Generation-Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Votes: 31 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a kid, definitely 3rd, G/S/C. Because back then I was into the story, and then after I beat it I got bored, and G/S/C had so much to do, and the story was awesome.

Also, a bunch of new Pokemon, all of which were awesome. :D (Unlike 4th, not many awesome new Pokemon there)

What is your favorite generation of the 4 already existing?
Mine would be the 1st because of the birds.
how not to quote that?
even if I admit that the 4° brought wi-fi... and the 3° brought a tons of addictions, like natures, abilities and such...

2nd Gen. Honostly, RSE was easily my least favorite, and I can propably say I hated playing the games.

4th gen introduced a lot of new ghosts (my favorite type), a lot of new moves and the phys/spec split, but GSC is still the best IMO.

The fact that you could go back to the former region after you beat the game is friggin incredible, and GSC gave me the majority of my favorites (Furret, Steelix, Espeon, Umbreon, Jumpluff, Scizor, Skarm, Houndoom, Suicune, Celebi).

gsc was so much fun because when you first played it (if your friends didn't ruin it for you) you were like 'awww it's over' but then it started up again and you got to obsess over it for a few more months

i still play it to this day. superior generation.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with Olie. The franchise hit it's peak at that time, no matter what consumer statistics say. The world was huge, and battling Red at Mt. Silver made you feel like you could actually be the top in the land. The Elite Four never made me feel as happy as beating Red for the first time.

4th Generation - the physical/special split, and all the new moves, really improved a lot of my favourite guys who were completely awful before.

(read: Kabutops and Absol)

not surprisingly, the second gen is winning. I am going to be so very pissed if the next game they release isn't a GSC remake.

gsc was so much fun because when you first played it (if your friends didn't ruin it for you) you were like 'awww it's over' but then it started up again and you got to obsess over it for a few more months

i still play it to this day. superior generation.
This.

gsc. massive hype, and it lived up to it too. cool new mons, the start of competitive, PS2, and KANTO.

tbh DPP killed the whole fun of just playing for fun, casually. Nintendo is forcing competiive (BAD competitive) down our throats now.
2nd fave is RSE, love that shit.
gsc remake, NOW.

for the games: definitely the first generation, RBY. it's what got me into pokemon. it was just the right difficulty, had a good story, and just overall really fun.

for NB/Shoddy: the Advance generation would be my favorite. it used to be RBY but lately i've been getting more into Advance as well as DP (although i favor Advance).

GSC was the best by far. getting to fight 16 gym leaders and Red was awesome. i remember the first time i found Red too. i walked in and started to wonder what this dude was doing in Mt. Silver, thinking he might give me something cool i talked to him and was greeted by a level 81 pikachu. lol

also, Thorns, i can't remember where i read this but i saw that nintendo has copyrights on "something gold" and "something silver" for game names so i wouldn't be surprised to hear about remakes coming sometime in the near future

GSC had the best material included within it, but the interface for RSE/LGFR was a dramatic improvement over it. The pokemon world is awaiting some epic combination of the two that I would call my most favorite generation/remake.

And also, my true favorite was Emerald for battlefrontier/cloning, but gamewise I preferred FRLG to RSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)