SM OU Zaptrodon Balance Team

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to this absolute corner of insanity known as a first RMT. My name is Mysteryous, and I'll be your guide throughout this crazy ride known as a Zaptrodon balance team. Originally this team was designed to be a balanced defense team, but as time went on it became more of simply a balance team, even leaning towards offensive these days.

I'm not exactly new to competitive Pokemon, but I'm rather new to both the forums and the mid-high ladder OU scene. I've been able to peak at about 1580 ladder with this team, but tend to hover in between 1500-1575, and I don't believe I've ever broke 1600. I've had luck with just refining this team myself and tweaking it a bit, but considering that I've sort of plateau-d within my own skill, I thought I would bring it here for people to tear apart and offer advice on a superficial, teambuilding level.

Onto the stars of the show!​

The Team

Stormy (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch/Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Defog

Ah, Zapdos, one of the two stars of the defensive core! This thing is the bane of all physical setup sweepers alike, bar TTar and, to a lesser extent, Mega Gyarados. I picked Zapdos in this case over Rotom-W specifically for the more reliable healing, even though its theoretically a slightly worse typing and a higher weakness to stealth rock. This bird eats things like Kartana, Hawlucha, and even Mega Lopunny and Mega Scizor for breakfast, and works as a sack to weaken mons like Mega Medicham and Zygarde to cripple them late-game. Roost as a mandatory heal move, Heat Wave to threaten Ferrothorn and Scizor out. Volt Switch is my current choice, as the offensive side of this team very much appreciates slow pivots in to prevent damage; however, it overall weakens my matchup against bulky water types such as Tapu Fini.

HP Ice and Defog are in an almost constant war over which is more useful. Two of the largest threats to my team at this point are Zygarde and Sticky Webs. Fully Defensive Zapdos lives a Thousand Arrows from +1 Zygarde after rocks, allowing me to either remove a substitute or severely cripple its health, allowing priority mons to finish it off. However, having rocks and webs on my side simultaneously weakens both the offensive and defensive side of my team and forces me into more 50/50 situations, as I can't always pivot Zapdos in on physical threats.

Static allows me to consistently switch in on Scarf Lando and offers me a chance to let MMedi clean it late game. Overall, I find it more useful than pressure because of Zapdos's overall use as a pivot on this team means it's not often found in PP stall situations. 240 HP EVs allow me to hit a favorable number for Stealth Rock damage, 252 Defense and a bold nature allows me to tank as many hits as possible, and the rest of the EVs are dumped into speed to overrun speed creep variants of defensive Zapdos.

Defensive
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 147-174 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 179-211 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 178-211 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Zygarde Outrage vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 216-255 (56.6 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 147-173 (38.5 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Offensive
0 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 220-260 (61.4 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 152 SpD Gliscor: 224-264 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

0 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 252-300 (65.9 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Ferrothorn: 232-276 (65.9 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Literal Slug (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power/Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

So originally, this slot was reserved for Assault Vest Magearna as a specially defensive pivot. However, I've found much more use in Gastrodon due to the surprising amount of roles it can fill. This thing acts as a blanket check to non-boosting special attackers such as Greninja without Grass Knot, Tapu Koko, and Blacephalon, and also acts as a secondary burn absorber in a pinch. Gastrodon also lets me do some niche stuff with the specific move of Clear Smog. While slightly unconventional, Clear Smog allows me to actually punish offensive mons for trying to set up on a normally passive mon. It also allows it to deal about 35% to Tapu Bulu on switchin, baiting it to use Horn Leech to recover that health and making me less likely to eat a Stone Edge on a Zapdos switch. Earth Power is my STAB of choice, allowing me to do a bit more to Kartana on the switchin (although I believe Scald still 2HKOs, not sure off the top of my head) and lets me beat all non-CM versions of Magearna. Scald is also super viable and lets me pressure Lando-T to switch in less, but I lose out on the ability to threaten Ferrothorn at all, and it gets in for free every time. What do you guys think?

Recover is the obligatory "you hit me but it doesn't really matter" move, while Toxic lets me put pressure on walls such as Zapdos that I wouldn't normally be able to touch. 252 EVs, 248 in SpDef, and a Calm nature lets it live as long as possible. 8 speed lets me speed creep speed creeps, because you never know when a gastro ditto might decide a game :o

Defensive
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Gastrodon: 181-214 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Gastrodon: 180-213 (42.2 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Gastrodon: 175-207 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Offensive

0 SpA Gastrodon Clear Smog vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 108-128 (32 - 37.9%) -- 65% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

0 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 84-98 (23.1 - 26.9%) -- 39.5% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Gastrodon Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 194-230 (50.7 - 60.2%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A Curly Grill (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 80 HP / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Energy Ball/Focus Blast

Ah, Tapu Lele, the absolute monster. This mon absolutely rips through teams that aren't prepared for it, and a psychic-fairy 50/50 is absolutely brutal to make every single time it comes in. Plus, being able to block Fake Out and switch in once on a Mega Lopunny's Frustration and threaten it out is awesome. With psychic terrain up, Lele can net a 2HKO against Chansey on a roll with rocks up and just.... this thing is absolutely mental. I don't really have a whole lot to say about this thing and why I chose it; it was my special sweeper of choice.

Moonblast acts as the obligatory fairy STAB for Lele. Psyshock is used over Psychic to net kills on Chansey easier. HP Fire allows me to both predict Ferrothorn switchins and to reliably beat Scizor. Energy Ball is currently my coverage move of choice. This team struggles against both rain teams and opposing Gastrodon, so being able to catch Mega Swampert and the little sea slug is helpful. Focus Blast is also a great coverage move to catch Heatran, but considering Psyshock still does around 30% and I generally just pivot out to Gastrodon afterwards to completely wall it, I don't see much use for it on this team.

248 SpA and Modest nature to maximize damage output, 180 speed and a Choice Scarf to outspeed unboosted base 135s, and the rest into HP to increase Lele's overall survivability. Interestingly, 80 EVs into HP actually lands me at 301 HP, allowing me to switch into Chansey an extra time.

The one flaw with Tapu Lele is actually, ironically, its placement of Psychic Terrain. It requires some precision and careful circular play at times late-game to ensure that I can still use my priority moves, but overall Tapu Lele works as an awesome special wallbreaker that you can just drop in and bop stuff with without any setup.

Defensive
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 219-258 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive

248+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 286-337 (40.7 - 48%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

248+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 228-270 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Psychic Terrain: 102-121 (26.4 - 31.3%) -- 17.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sweatpants (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Mega Medicham, the Yin to the Yang of Tapu Lele. Mega Medicham absolutely rips through the entire metagame, able to hit for super effective damage on almost every single common defensive wall in the tier. In fact, at the time of writing this, I can only really think of one three Pokemon that wall this thing entirely, and those are Mega Sableye, Reuniclus, and Mew. Mega Medicham acts as the secondary sweeper to Tapu Lele, and if I get it on the field under Psychic Terrain, it can eat balance teams alive with Zen Headbutt, allowing me to break mons like Tangrowth and Toxapex with ease while seriously pressuring Celesteela.

The moves are pretty standard. Fake Out lets me net revenge kills and does about 1/3 to lead Tapu Koko on Turn 1 if I so choose. Zen Headbutt is my main STAB that, combined with Psychic Terrain, punches huge holes in defensive cores. Drain Punch is chosen over HJK specifically because I use psychic terrain so liberally in clicking Zen Headbutt. The only times I click Drain Punch are on mons such as Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Chansey, and being able to recover HP back from getting Seismic Tossed or hit with Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet is nice. It also lets me use MMedi as a 50/50 defensive option against Tyranitar more often, as I have the chance to be able to switch into Stone Edge more than once, if I can restore my health. Ice Punch punishes 4X weak mons and is my go-to move if Sableye is still alive, as it still does about thirty percent, and puts a bit of pressure on Sableye to not switch directly in every single time.

The one thing that I would note about Medicham's EV spread is the choice of Adamant over Jolly. I really dont like relying on speed ties to beat base 100s, so I just opted for raw power and lost the speed. Hitting 299 with Adamant still lets me outspeed 252 timid Heatean, and Drain Punch easily nets the kill due to a lack of HP investment.

Defensive

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 174-205 (66.4 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Offensive
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth in Psychic Terrain: 168-198 (41.6 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 366-432 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 132-156 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 11.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega: 90-107 (29.7 - 35.3%) -- 20.9% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Drain Punch vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 434-512 (61.8 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hephaestus (Heatran) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 116 SpA / 128 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock

Ah, Heatran, the ironic water lure. This molten boi is responsible for three main things: walling CharY without Focus Blast, setting up rocks, and luring bulky waters that my team struggles with. Heatran can, by itself, deal with both Tapu Fini and Toxapex, while able to net kills on Greninja, Rotom-W, and Keldeo on switchin. Against teams without CharY, Heatran can also be used as a 50/50 against TTar, allowing me to stay in on a Stone Edge or Stealth Rock (rather than pivoting to Zapdos like a sane person would) and hit it with a Z-Solarbeam. I also have the option to play aggressively with Heatran against Lando-T, which catches a lot of people off guard. Since I don't have hazard removal on this team, I commonly find myself staying in against a lot of Landos and just hitting them with a Magma Storm on the Stealth Rock.

The set is a pretty standard moveset, bar the switch to Solarbeam instead of Taunt. 212 HP lets me hit a favorable Stealth Rock number (376), 116 SpA and Modest lets me net the kill on physically defensive Tapu Fini with Bloom Doom, 52 Spe allows me to outrun unboosted Gyarados and bop it before it starts boosting, and the rest are dumped into special defense to make this thing die less.

You know, as you do.

Defensive

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 262-309 (69.6 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 212 HP / 128 SpD Heatran: 258-306 (68.6 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive

116+ SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 328-388 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

116+ SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 274-324 (75.9 - 89.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

116+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 112-132 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
(Note: Heatran wins once Pex is trapped, doubly so if you get the SpDef drop.)

116+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 196-232 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage

#4chan (Greninja) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump

Do I really need to elaborate on why this thing is here? Right now, my offensive core loses to bulky psychic types, specifically Reuniclus. Froggo here does unholy amounts of damage with Dark Pulse and threatens literally any and every slow psychic type out, allowing it to generate momentum with u-turn. Hydro Pump obliterates anything that doesn’t resist it, and once it transforms, Water Shuriken lets it net kills on frail attackers such as Tapu Koko from as high as 60%.

The main deviation that I have over a standard Ash Greninja set is the inclusion of U-Turn over Spikes. Considering I have about -5 ways to remove hazards, I can’t exactly let Ferrothorn get in for free and start stacking hazards. Because of that, I need to be able to keep momentum rather than stack hazards myself, so u-turning into Zapdos on a Ferrothorn switch allows me to keep the tempo up and stay in control.

Literally everything else is the same, though. Like, it’s just Ash Greninja.

Defensive

Any SpA Life Orb Any Mon Any Move vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: (100.0 - 999.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Come on now, Greninja isn't living much of anything from anyone.

Offensive

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 254-302 (59.9 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 306-362 (79.8 - 94.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 93-111 (30.6 - 36.6%) -- 65% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Threat List

Offensive Water Types: Mega Swampert, Keldeo, and Manaphy all set crazy amounts of pressure on this team. I’m forced to either catch Mega Swampert with an energy ball or stall out rain with Zapdos and hope I don’t get flinched. I can play around Choiced Keldeo, but if it’s not choiced, I’m pretty much forced to either sack something or 50\50 with a Lele switchin, since Secret Sword eats Gastrodon alive. While Manaphy isn’t as common, if I see Manaphy paired with either of the above two moms, it’s pretty much just an instant loss. Manaphy’s coverage can bop all of my defensive lads with ease, and I’m forced to try and revenge it, which isn’t a guaranteed kill either.

TTar and CharY cores: By themselves, both of these mons can be played around. I can switch in Lele on a focus blast from CharY and scare it away with Psyshock. However, I can’t do this if TTar is around, as I risk getting pursuit trapped, and a pursuit from banded TTar just flat-out bops me. It severely limits my ability to play unpredictably, something this team relies on being able to do.

Celesteela and Mega Sabeleye: I’m grouping these two together because they suffer from the same problem: I have trouble breaking them. If Celesteela is specially defensive, Mega Medicham can scare it away, and if it’s physical, Greninja beats it, but often It can be difficult to scout either way without risking a wincon i.e, either Gren or MMedi. Mega Sableye, I just can’t break. The easiest way for me to break it is to just hit two Hydros with greninja, but if Gren is dead, i haveto hit a Magma Storm, Z-Solar through protect to chip, and then hit ANOTHER Magma. It’s rough.

Kommo-o: If this thing comes in, I basically have to 50/50 in between Lele and Gastrodon. If i think he'll Poison Jab, I have to go into Gastrodon, as Lele will die to poison if I get stuck with that unlucky 30%. However, Living a Z move and being able to Clear Smog back pretty much sacks Gastrodon for the rest of the game, which becomes a problem if paired with fast, special sweepers.

Zygarde: You're forced to sack something to break the sub every time it comes in, only to scare it out. If it gets set up at +1 a second time behind a sub, you may as well click the X. Huge threat, and one misstep can ruin the entire game, even if you're up 5-2 in mons.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-835292537
This replay is the most recent one that I have, and really does an awesome job at showing off Heatran and the pressure he can put on opposing teams. Catching that Keldeo was huge, and being able to get up rocks to semi-lock in that CharY and be used as fodder to scout for Solarbeam was awesome. I got a bit lucky with Air Slash and made a hasty prediction that lost me my Greninja, but overall a pretty solid game that I came out on top of.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-816877432
While not a clean victory at all, I feel this replay goes to show how much raw power this team has behind it. I shouldn't have won this on paper(I made some seriously stupid plays against that Mamoswine in the beginning), but the raw power of Tapu Lele and Mega Medicham were somehow able to claw this back, although this was somewhat to a blunder on the opponent's part during Turn 15.

I'll update this post with more replays as I actually remember to save them.
Any feedback, whether pretty or not, is appreciated, and I'll be around to respond to feedback as often as I can.
Thank you all for sitting through this crazy ride with me, and I'll catch you on the other side! ^-^

Stormy (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sweatpants (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Hephaestus (Heatran) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 116 SpA / 128 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock

A Curly Grill (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 80 HP / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

#4chan (Greninja) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump

Literal Slug (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Overview • Weaknesses

This is a cool build using Zapdos. It feels somewhat more like Offense than Balance. Your Water-resist in Gastrodon doesn't really handle a lot of the Water-types in the metagame. It gets pressured by Battle Bond Greninja, Gyarados-Mega, and the other offensive Water-types mentioned in the above Threat List. In the Importable provided in the OP, there is no Defog on Zapdos. That means that hazards heavily pressure you. A Pokemon like Reuniclus alongside Toxic Spikes heavily threatens the team. Zygarde has an absolutely dominant match-up. It comes in against Heatran, as your best way of punishing it is a Bloom Doom, doing 60 - 70.9%. Your team has a Ground immunity in Zapdos, but absolutely no resists to Thousand Arrows.

Changes • Moveset and Pokemon

1545360256597.png

Defog > Hidden Power Ice248 HP / 240+ Def / 20 Spe

20 Speed allows Zapdos to outpace Timid Magnezone and Adamant Bisharp. The extra 4 EVs isn't much of a cost when it comes to Zapdos's bulk.

1545360193509.png
>
1545360237605.png

Tangrowth > Gastrodon

Tangrowth's addition over Gastrodon handles a handful of weaknesses. Firstly, Tangrowth improves your match-up against a lot of Zygarde sets. An overall Ground-resist outside of Zapdos's immunity is appreciated, too. Tang does solidly against several Water-types and doesn't risk as much as Gastrodon thanks to access to Giga Drain. In tandem with Giga Drain, Tangrowth can use Regenerator to heal up. Knock Off can punish users of Leftovers like Celesteela, Zapdos, or Jirachi.

1545360555466.png

SpDef > Z-move

For Heatran, I felt like a Specially Defensive set will help moderately more against Psychic-types. The EV spread has 252 Speed to tie with Modest Heatran, outpace Timid Magearna, and opposing Heatran who aim to creep Magearna with 248 Spe. This is useful, as you can Taunt a Magearna before it Shift Gears or Calm Minds. It also maintains a fair bit of special defense. Getting rid of Heatran's Z-move frees up another Z-move slot. Heatran can also make Zygarde weary of a burn with Lava Plume or the fear of Will-o-Wisp. If the opponent identifies that Heatran is specially defensive, they may be less likely the freely bring Zygarde in.

1545360917113.png

Z-move > Choice Scarf

Running Fightinium Z on Tapu Lele eases prediction on your end. You can opt to run Psyshock over Psychic if you wish to threaten Modest Charizard-Mega-Y further. An All-out Pummeling will OHKO Heatran, Tyranitar, etc. It also does severe damage to Pokemon like Mawile-Mega, Jirachi, and Scizor-Mega. In fact, Psychic into All-out Pummeling has a chance to 2HKO Mega Scizor on the switch. Running a Z-move simply adds a lot more power and versatility to Tapu Lele.

1545361229453.png

Spikes > U-turn

Running Spikes allows Greninja-Ash to pressure its checks and punish them for switching. This can allow for more wallbreaking opportunities for Greninja and Medicham than U-turn's momentum could. There is potential for Choice Scarf Protean Greninja to give your team a scarfer. It helps with Alakazam-Mega, +1 Zygarde, and it can still provide Spikes support. However, Greninja has a solid offensive core with Medicham, as they both act as wallbreakers that can handle each other's checks.

1545361336148.png

High Jump Kick > Drain PunchJolly > Adamant

I understand that missing with High Jump Kick is detrimental, but having it hit is far more rewarding than Drain Punch. Unlike Drain Punch, HJK will 2HKO a lot of resistances. Running Jolly instead of Adamant allows you to speedtie with all base 100 speed Pokemon such as Charizard-Mega-Y. This allows Medicham to be a major threat to the TTar + Zard core.

Importable

1545360256597.png1545361336148.png1545360555466.png1545360917113.png1545361229453.png1545360193509.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)