SM Ubers Zeomancy

Hi! I started playing in around August/September when ORAS was just ending. I think almost everyone starts off trying OU. ORAS OU was quite fun, but most teams looked exactly the same, and 1/2 of them were stall. I started playing Ubers and quickly fell in love. There is so much you can do with just one pokemon. Thats why I built this SUMO Ubers team! I haven't played for quite a while and wanted to test this out.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Def / 8 Spe
Nature: Bold
Geomancy
Moonblast

Rest
Sleep Talk
Z Geomancy! This can boost Xerneas even more to make it even stronger. It's really easy to set up, too. Rest is for when you get statused or low. Sleep Talk only allows you to choose Rest or Moonblast, so it's always a 50/50. Great tank and sweeper.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 SpDef / 8 Spe
Nature: Careful
Coil
Rest
Sleep Talk
Thousand Arrows
Zygod! Basically, set up Coil until your power construct kicks in. Great sweeper, rest for status such as burn and toxic. Sleep talk, again, only lets you get Rest or Thousand Arrows. Thousand Arrows is a pretty great move, especially against Ho Oh.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Dark Pulse
Oblivion Wing
Heat Wave
U-Turn
Yveltal is a great pokemon because it can fill so many roles. In this scenario, I set it up to be able to counter any Steel types with Heat Wave such as Solgaleo and Aegislash from stopping my Xerneas. Dark Pulse gets a pretty nice buff from Dark Aura, so it can always hit hard. U-Turn is for the predictable switches. I guess Heat Wave isn't necessary, but I didn't know what else to put.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Nature: Impish
Stealth Rock
Precipice Blades
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave
Honestly, I saw this on someone else's RMT (Frostbite) and it worked pretty well. I replaced my own Primal Groudon with it and there were even greater results. Stealth rock helps Xerneas and Zygarde sweep. Primal Groudon's attack is great, even with no investment. Thunder Wave, even after the nerf, is still great. If I mess up, it might still be okay thanks to paralysis.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVS: 128 Atk / 128 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
Psycho Boost
Knock Off
Ice Beam
Extremespeed
Deoxys, deoxys, deoxys. This is one of my favorite mons, so you know I had to put it on this team. This pokemon is so strong, no wonder they tried to base Pheromosa off of it (<<<Joke.) Psycho Boost is such a strong move, I will include calculations. Knock Off is wonderful, seeing as there are many Psychic Types in Ubers. It also works well against Power Herb Geomancy. Knock off that Power Herb and you've got a dead Xerneas. Ice Beam for all the dragons and possible birdspam, and Extremespeed for the priority you (sometimes) need.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Dragon Dance
Frustration
Roost

Earthquake
Salamence's raw power is just nice. Plain and simple. Dragon dance helps yet another pokemon on this team sweep, too. Frustration might be an odd one, but it's as powerful as Return and most Ditto's wont run minimum Happiness. Roost is obvious, and Earthquake is for the God of Ubers, Primal Groudon.
Calculations:
Yveltal:
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Solgaleo: 502-593 (120.9 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Solgaleo: 351-416 (73.4 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 484-569 (289.8 - 340.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deoxys:
128 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 187-222 (92.5 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
128 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 200-238 (96.6 - 114.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Maybe more later!

Why rock slide over stone edge on Groudon? Is accuracy really that much of a problem?
Mono-attacking Geomancy Xerneas isn't that good. A better idea is to have Focus Blast (hits primal groudon harder) or thunder (hits Ho-Oh and most steels harder). 50-50s on sleep talk isn't that good, especially on Xerneas.
Otherwise, good team.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1) Xerneas

I would say good standard moveset. Just let you know there is safer option of setup:

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Substitute

Moonblas and Geomancy is obvious, Ingrain keeps Arceus or Lugia from phazing you, and Substitute is there for Smeargle: 160 Speed EV will let you outspeed Smeargle in every case and set sub.

2) Zygarde

Looks good. Just know it might become a setup fodder for Xerneas if you haven't accumulated enough boosts from Coil.

3) Yvetal

This is my favorite Uber guy and I agree with the fact that it can function in so many different ways.

I understand U-turn can help you ease prediction, such as pivoting Xerneas switch in, but I generally do not prefer it.

I usually go by:

* Oblivion Wing
* Sucker Punch
* Dark Pulse
* Taunt / Knock Off / Foul Play / Heat Wave

The first 3 sets, I would say, are mandatory. Sucker Punch is more powerful than Life Orb Arceus' unboosted Extreme Speed, and you can play mind games with your opponent once you reveal it. Taunt demolishes Shuckle / Smeargle (watch out for rare Magic Coat) / Forretress / Eevee (can still use Evoboost but can't pass), Knock Off will force Xerneas to lose Power Herb on switch in, Foul Play safely 2HKOes most P-don variants (although some defensive sets have a chance to survive it twice) and D-Dance Salamence, and Heat Wave helps shorten the longevity of Klefki and Ferrothorn.

4) Groudon - Primal

If you are running defensive set, I would highly recommend Lava Plume over Rock Slide. Although it does less damage, it is useful in ways which:

1. If Klefki attempts to predict Precipice Blades and set Reflect, Lava Plume is going to OHKO it.
2. Salamence or any other checks for P-don will risk getting burned by 30% chance on switch in.
3. OHKO Ferrothorn without having to touch it.
4. If P-don gets to stay long on the field, it will most likely spread burns.
5. If trapped by Mega-Gengar, Lava Plume is going to 2HKO it - meaningly, you won't have to worry too much about Destiny Bond.

Thunder Wave is good option while Roar can phaze away Baton Pass. Both are worth keeping.

5) Deoxys - A

Great set! The item i run for this guy is Focus Sash for 90% of the time, but I am thinking about replacing with Life Orb because Stealth Rock often ruins the Sash and I am thinking about making Psycho boost an absolute nuke. Other option can be Superpower, Low Kick, etc.

6) Salamence - Mega

This guy is personally my favorite Mega in Ubers. But I would say that only 2 types of Salamence set can be viable:

If you are going for offensive set, (I can see that from purely offensive EV's) replace Frustration with Double - Edge. Many Yvetals and Xerneas make investments to survive Return from Standard Salamence's Return / Frustration after Stealth Rock. Also, Double-Edge always OHKOs Kangaskhan after a single boost.

If you are going for defensive set that can set Dragon Dance safely, you might want 206 EVs to outspeed Scarf Xerneas (Just like TraumaTizer said above) and put 248 HP to health. Then have Return / Frustration, Roost, Dragon Dance, Earthquake / Refresh.

Overall I would suggest getting somebody who can Taunt or with Magic Bounce / Defog / Rapid Spin.
Having Stealth Rock & 3 Layers of Spikes & Layers of Toxic Spikes won't be so pleasant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)