SM Ubers ZYGARDE COMPLETE HYPER OFFENSE PEAKED #3 AT 1774 AND STILL CLIMBING

INTRODUCTION
Hey guys today i've got a team based around dragon dance Zygarde. I've been using this team for 2 months now and it's been highly effective. HO is my favourite
playstyle and i decided to make a team around a mon i used to hate because it's way too bulky (for real though).
So without further ado lets go

PROOF OF PEAK

Capture 2.PNG

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

I started off with zygarde + a suicide lead because every HO needs rocks and i thought spikes could be useful to pick up the KO at +1 on marshadow.

Then i added Xerneas to beat most of Zygarde's checks such as Slowbro-Mega and other physical walls

The next member is Groudon which i put on pretty much every team for kyogre, Ho-oh and as a soft check to xerneas

After that the team lacked priority so Extreme killer arceus was pretty much a no Brainer

Now i realise that my team loses to pretty much any settup sweeper so i added sash marshadow which can also add priority

Finally i saw that i was losing to webs alot because deo-s couldn't keep them off the field so i put excadrill instead as it can keep them off with rapid spin

THE SETS

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Nothing really intresting here just standard lead drill. It beats deoxys-S, smeargle and Shuckle if the opponent doesn't have a ghost type (which is rare). However it struggles with arceus types especially arceus-Ground. If there is an arceus ground just spam rocks untill he kills you and then go into Xerneas to try and scare it out by setting up a geomancy.

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Next up is the star of the team. Zygarde is the bulkiest dragon dancer in the whole metagame and can set up on pretty much any physical mon or any wall. Groundium acts as a nuke to kill support arceus and xern at +1 after rocks. 30 HP IV'S is to transform after two subs to get the extra HP. Thousand arrows is completely broken letting Zygarde beat a plethera of mons that it wouldn't beat with earthquake such as Ho-oh, Yveltal, Skarmory and many more. Substitute lets you setup on unexpecting opponents and Ho-oh, Groudon-Primal, Blissey Opposing Zygarde And so many more. Dragon tail is used to beat pokemon that will phase you out such as Lugia, Skarmory and to beat opposing zygarde.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now the only special mon of the team Xerneas. Everyone knows what Xerneas does but it's just way too effective. Zygarde, Groudon and Marshadow all help weakening xerneas' main answer Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. After it is weakened xerneas does what it does best: Sweep. The amount of sweeps i've pulled off with Xerneas is Absurd. I opted for hp fire instead of focus blast becaus of ferro, Celesteela, skarmory and the fact that i never hit.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Double dance Groudon is mostly used to weaken the opponent's team in mid game. It weakens every steel type for Xerneas, Yveltal, Salamence and support arceus for Zygarde and ghost types for Extreme killer. However if it has a good matchup or if the opponent isn't carefull groudon can pull out an easy sweep. SD lets you beat every arceus exept Groundceus. It can also Absorb will-o-wisps for E-killer. with an unboosted 504 attack stat. It also soft checks Kyogre-Primal wich is a huge threat as well as scarf Kyogre and can beat brainless players who leave their Ho-oh's on Groudon.

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

As i explained in the teambuilding process i needed priority in this team and Extreme killer is the best Priority user in the tier. i went for chople berry so that it can beat Marshadow and random Focus blasts from gengar. This set beats most bulky mons and can weaken setup sweepers such as salamence or Ultra-necrozma. However it struggles against Giratina but if you can get xerneas in on it with a double switch and weaken it with rocks a shadow claw at +2 can kill after 2 or 3 rounds of rocks.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Endeavor

And now the final mon: Marshadow. With the focus sash marshadow can live any hit and steal boosts with spectral thief which makes the matchup against setup sweepers alot easier. Close combat is just a strong stab and endeavor + shadow sneak is amazing. After you kill the opposing settup sweeper the opponent might go into xerneas to setup a geomancy or into Primal groudon to set up a rock polish. in that case you use endeavor on the turn he sets up and shadow sneak to get 2 mons for 1 marshadow. It also lets you beat scarf Yveltal by taking the oblivion wing and endeavor into shadow sneak. this little thing is one of the most anoying pokemon to play against and can cause alot of people to rage quit

Tips and tricks:

-Keep rocks off so you can conserve the sash on marshadow or you will lose to prettty much any settup sweeper

-If an opponent has a mon setup and you haven't revealed you're marshadow set pretend you're in deep shit and wait about a minute then go into marshadow and your opponent wont see anything coming.

-keep Xerneas till the end game because it can get many sweeps

Threats:

Arceus ground is a nightmare to play against the only way to beat it is Xerneas or arceus setting up on it.

Slowbro's defense stat is so high that my only way to beat it is xern or eventually Zygarde with Z-ground once setup

Similary to Slowbro Giratina beats every one of my physical mon and can toxic my xern so it's extremely hard to play against

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Endeavor

more replays coming soon :]

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)