Zygarde Discussion

The sub dragon tail set is better than plain rest talk, because zygarde absolutely needs the opportunity to set up at least +2 in order to do any damage to the average ubers bulk.
Stuff like bulky xerneas, kyogre and even palkia can literally switch in on any of a plain croZ's moves, outspeed and 2hko it

So Zygarde can no longer learn Extreme Speed or Dragon Dance...

If you can set up one coil before you reach below 50%, once you transform into Complete Forme good like trying to kill it on the physical side. With 252 in Hp I'm pretty sure it can survive an icicle crash after +1 in defense.

Is Core Enforcer a physical or special move? I think it would be physical, but it looks like a beam so idk.

So Zygarde can no longer learn Extreme Speed or Dragon Dance...

If you can set up one coil before you reach below 50%, once you transform into Complete Forme good like trying to kill it on the physical side. With 252 in Hp I'm pretty sure it can survive an icicle crash after +1 in defense.

Is Core Enforcer a physical or special move? I think it would be physical, but it looks like a beam so idk.
Zygarde can still learn Extreme Speed and Dragon Dance.

Not by level-up, but you can teach it those moves using the Zygarde Cube.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nexus when you get a chance please add the info for the move Core Enforcer to the OP. I think Zygarde gets it as a tutor from the Cube like Dragon Dance and E-Speed.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have no idea how they decided on these BSTs. 486 for 10% and 708 for 100%? It's not like 50% had an odd BST, it was 600.

Anyway starting with 10% it's kind of what we expected it to be: a fast but fragil attacker. Honestly there's no reason to have Aura Break on it, there's really nothing about it that'll want you to use 10% as itself (yeah its fast but there's Garchomp and even Flygon who, while maybe not be as fast, have either more attack power and/or bulk). The reason you'll want 10% is to activate Power Construct as soon as possible though with the risk of it being OHKOed. So let's see the star of the show.

100% is dissapointing *plays sad trombone*. They focused so much of its stats on HP that they only had enough left to copy 50% (and oddly take 10 points from Speed and put it in Special Attack). Though apparently it can start out as 100% if I'm understanding what I read correctly? If so I guess it would be tanky though I don't think that's the role we all wanted it to have.

Does anyone know the exact details on Core Enforcer?

with no means to recover your hp, power construct is basically a glorified sitrus berry.

you have to rely on rest to make any use of the 100% form.

pretty situation and needs careful planing and support to work. but i can see a set with rest/chesto berry and dragon dance working for it. sleep talk is also an option but that will limit you a lot.

i dont see it anywhere near ubers, but it could have a nitch in ou/uu.

I have no idea how they decided on these BSTs. 486 for 10% and 708 for 100%? It's not like 50% had an odd BST, it was 600.
I presume the idea with 100% is that its HP stat doubles compared to 50% (hence the 108-point BST boost). Not sure exactly what's going on with 10%, but its HP stat is half of 50%'s, i.e. a quarter of 100%'s - Game Freak clearly liked the doubling-HP-stat thing as Zygarde goes through its forms.

Game Freak messed this one up big time. They should have given Zygarde more Attack in its complete form, and left its HP at a base stat of 108. What a waste of stats for a complete form.

Any thoughts on Rockium-Z as an OO? With Stone Edge its a powerful move that can hit the Ice, Flying, and to a lower extent, Bug types that would be otherwise shaky matchups.

i thought it got thousand waves / thousand arrows
I'm not clear on the details myself, but apparently TA/TW come from the Zygarde Cube when you choose the form you want to assemble the Mon in. Same case with DD and Extremespeed AFAIK.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
So, is soft-resetting for one in XY completely pointless? Or can the cube give one from Gen. 6 Power Construct?

Since Core Enforcer is apparently a Special move, maybe we can focus on that; 9 base points is not much of a difference, right? Except that the only other Special moves it gets are Focus Blast, Sludge Wave, and Grass Knot, Hidden Power aside. Earth Power is only from the Gen. 6 Tutor.

Is there a way to make it work?

So, is soft-resetting for one in XY completely pointless? Or can the cube give one from Gen. 6 Power Construct?

Since Core Enforcer is apparently a Special move, maybe we can focus on that; 9 base points is not much of a difference, right? Except that the only other Special moves it gets are Focus Blast, Sludge Wave, and Grass Knot, Hidden Power aside. Earth Power is only from the Gen. 6 Tutor.

Only way I see it working is on some kind of mixed set with a life orb for access to a Dragon attack that doesn't lock you in. Possibly something like this?

Zygarde 100%@Life Orb
Naughty / Naive; 184 Atk / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Power Construct

Core Enforcer
Dragon Dance
Extremespeed
Thousand Arrows

Unfortunately, perfect Zygarde just misses out on outrunning +nature base 135s at +1 if running a speed-neutral nature. Extremespeed ameliorates this somewhat, though it would be nice to hit Mega Manectric with Thousand Arrows.
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 169-200 (50.1 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 322-382 (90.1 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 307-361 (78.5 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 283-335 (87.6 - 103.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, no Multiscale
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 153-181 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 72 SpA Life Orb Zygarde-100 Core Enforcer vs. 244 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 222-263 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
These were basically the things I could find in OU where Core Enforcer may be worth it. Notable examples include offensive Landorus-T and Dragonite, who Zygarde can 2HKO if it catches them on the switch. Most OU pokemon, however, will obviously take more damage from +1 Outrage, such as SpD Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Serperior. The Lati twins are KOd by +1 Thousand Arrows anyhow. It's a question of whether or not you want to be locked in, and I suspect Outrage will be the superior choice in the long run.

there are 2 methods of assembling zygarde. one is purely from cells you collected from overworld stored in your cube, and the other is to combine already existing aura break zygarde with cells you collected. So yeah, you can transform your previously redeemed Zygarde from gen 6 to Power Construct zygarde if you have 50 cells in your cube. Nature, IVs, EVs, OT, TID, level and Ribbons are the same as your previous Zygarde (unless you separate that zygarde into cells first, which is not allowed if your zygarde has event ribbons)

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Literally all Zygarde needed to be great was Thousand Arrows. Introducing the stall breaker of the Gods:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpD / 68 Atk (these are leftover EVs and can go anywhere, really)
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows

This set gives you a way to dismantle everything that standard stall has at the moment (this obviously might change in SM). Your subs are big enough to avoid being broken by Seismic Toss, and set up coils against the likes of Chansey, Amoonguss, and Sableye. Toxic lets you beat the Unaware mons like Quagsire (Clefable can still beat you but you can also waste a few of their Heal Bells with Toxic). Skarm can WW you out but it's also getting easily 2HKOed by a +1 Thousand Arrows, meaning it can only do that once. If this thing gets too much momentum on its side, it can easily beat stall teams that lack Unaware Clefable almost single-handedly. The only danger is losing a ton of 50/50s and getting Thousand Arrows PP stalled (switching between Skarm and Quag for example). Otherwise this is a huge threat to stall teams everywhere.

I would be very surprised if this thing wasn't an extremely powerful threat on its own. I think complete offensive sets might be outclassed by its 10% forme due to the increase in speed. I might be wrong though.

Last edited:
Literally all Zygarde needed to be great was Thousand Arrows. Introducing the stall breaker of the Gods:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpD / 68 Atk (these are leftover EVs and can go anywhere, really)
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows

This set gives you a way to dismantle everything that standard stall has at the moment (this obviously might change in ORAS). Your subs are big enough to avoid being broken by Seismic Toss, and set up coils against the likes of Chansey, Amoonguss, and Sableye. Toxic lets you beat the Unaware mons like Quagsire (Clefable can still beat you but you can also waste a few of their Heal Bells with Toxic). Skarm can WW you out but it's also getting easily 2HKOed by a +1 Thousand Arrows, meaning it can only do that once. If this thing gets too much momentum on its side, it can easily beat stall teams that lack Unaware Clefable almost single-handedly. The only danger is losing a ton of 50/50s and getting Thousand Arrows PP stalled (switching between Skarm and Quag for example). Otherwise this is a huge threat to stall teams everywhere.

I would be very surprised if this thing wasn't an extremely powerful threat on its own. I think complete offensive sets might be outclassed by its 10% forme due to the increase in speed. I might be wrong though.
Why wouldn't you use Power Construct on this? You might not have a way to get back to full HP quickly after transformation but it's still an extra HP buffer that increases the size of your subs, and the only disadvantage I can think of is a loss of 10 points to speed.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why wouldn't you use Power Construct on this? You might not have a way to get back to full HP quickly after transformation but it's still an extra HP buffer that increases the size of your subs, and the only disadvantage I can think of is a loss of 10 points to speed.
Because it'll probably be banned.

Isn't a core problem with Power Construct that its so predictable? What can 10% or 50% do against accurate predictions?

Only way I see it working is on some kind of mixed set with a life orb for access to a Dragon attack that doesn't lock you in. Possibly something like this?

Zygarde 100%@Life Orb
Naughty / Naive; 184 Atk / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Power Construct

Core Enforcer
Dragon Dance
Extremespeed
Thousand Arrows
If you're investing fully in Speed, why use Core Enforcer, whose main draw is ability suppression if the targets have already moved? Wouldn't Draco Meteor be a better option?

If you're investing fully in Speed, why use Core Enforcer, whose main draw is ability suppression if the targets have already moved? Wouldn't Draco Meteor be a better option?
Come to think of it that would probably be better ala old chainchomp set. A more defensive Zygarde set may be able to use the ability-erasing aspect of Core Enforcer with lower speed.

Two Core Enforcers deal as much damage as two Draco Meteors (150 * 2 vs 195 + 105), while having better accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)