• Air Lock

Votes: 92 52.9%
  • No Ability

Votes: 82 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really against Close Combat, since every fighter and their mother gets it. I'd give it some combination of Cross Chop/Superpower/Hammer Arm for physical fighting STAB. With both Shadow Sneak and/or Mach Punch, I don't think Vacume Wave is neccesary, though Aura Sphere makes sense on a mummy. I also like the idea of him using Rock Slide and Rock Tomb instead of Stone Edge.
Like this suggestion, most so because of the Hammer Arm thing.

Yeah, this thing looks like it would be weak to fire, not able to use it. It does err towards "mummy" more than "ghost", and I just can't see a mummy (something you'd traditionally expect to be weak to fire) using WoW, even if it's because of the ghost type.

Also on the movepool front, Nasty Plot would really fit with this thing (FSS, why couldn't you have added more sp atk?), and while Bulk Up really doesn't at all, it's the focus of the spread and it's not as though logic is always applied on pokemon that are already in the game, so it should probably be included.

And as far as ability, voted Air Lock. I dunno, I'd rather see more potential options than less and I don't think it stands any chance of being overpowered.

can this thing breed? before we even get to movesets can it breed and if so what egg group is it in?

ok, I think people are going crazy trying to make this guy as not broken as possible that they're starting to make some bad decisions.

First of all the banning of the elemental punches seems very strange to me. I think people are forgetting this is pokemon with base 105 attack, that will likely need to pump its defenses if it hopes to take on Tar and Hera. Even hitting super effective, the elemental punches will still be most likely hitting for about the same as his STAB fighting move (assuming he gets Cross Chop / Hammer Arm), and he can only carry one at a time considering he'll most likely be running something like Bulk Up / Fighting / Ghost / Elemental Punch. All this does is give him a little more viability, not break him. If we can counter pokemon with 120+ attack like Machamp which have access 120 power fighting moves, all the punches, and Stone Edge, then we shouldn't have any problem at all dealing with this mummy

Next, I think giving him absolutely no means of recovery outside of rest is a mistake. His stats suggest that he likes to play defensive, but his defenses aren't good enough to get by on rest alone, like Suicune or something. I think Morning Sun is a very good option, even with Air Lock, as 8 PP is extremely limiting and balancing, but still would help him out tremendously. I just don't see how a pokemon meant to tangle with such hard hitting threats as Tyranitar and Heracross is expected to survive without any form of recovery at all

Otherwise, I agree with not giving him Will-o-wisp, and also with the lets just make a better Dusknoir mentallity. I just think people need to step back and think for a second. This pokemon has base 105 attack, his only attack boosting move is +1 - there are very few actual attacks we could give him that would make him broken.
I agree with allowing Ice Punch. Fire + Thunder Punch start to step into Dusknoir territory (as does Ice Punch, but Ice Punch has jsutification) and it's very hard for me to see a Corpse generate enough electricity for ThunderPunch. I really don't want ThunderPunch because Gyarados is almost a perfect counter for this and Thunderpunch removes that. Fire Punch I'm probably going to add, if just so that this can be a possible Syclant counter.

Your Machamp comparision is a little invalid. Machamp can't hit Cresselia Super Effective. Cresselia is the best general counter to Fighting types in the game. This guy gets STAB Shadow Punch to dent Cresselia with. I would liken this more to Gallade, except instead of 20 Base more attack it gets STAB on the move it uses to kill Cresselia with.

And I'm definitely considering Morning Sun exactly because it has only 8 PP. Although, it takes diddly from Heracross because it 4x resists Megahorn, is immune to Close Combat, and 2x resists Stone Edge. I think Heracross caps out at dealing ~25% damage to this with Choice Band. (Night Slash does more, but only like 33%).

I voted Air Lock this time, for no reason in specific. I think that this thing should get Moonlight probably, but Rest may be used more with Shed Skin. Even if this thing had close combat, it probably wouldn't be used much, but I think that it should still get it flavor wise.

can this thing breed? before we even get to movesets can it breed and if so what egg group is it in?
If things like Gengar, Banette, Misdrevious, Lunastone, Solrock, etc can breed, this should be able to.

As for what groups it's in, all really depends on what egg moves we want. I listed some on page 1 for HumanShape and Indeterminate that work really well in my opinion.

I agree with allowing Ice Punch. Fire + Thunder Punch start to step into Dusknoir territory (as does Ice Punch, but Ice Punch has jsutification) and it's very hard for me to see a Corpse generate enough electricity for ThunderPunch. I really don't want ThunderPunch because Gyarados is almost a perfect counter for this and Thunderpunch removes that. Fire Punch I'm probably going to add, if just so that this can be a possible Syclant counter.

Your Machamp comparision is a little invalid. Machamp can't hit Cresselia Super Effective. Cresselia is the best general counter to Fighting types in the game. This guy gets STAB Shadow Punch to dent Cresselia with. I would liken this more to Gallade, except instead of 20 Base more attack it gets STAB on the move it uses to kill Cresselia with.

And I'm definitely considering Morning Sun exactly because it has only 8 PP. Although, it takes diddly from Heracross because it 4x resists Megahorn, is immune to Close Combat, and 2x resists Stone Edge. I think Heracross caps out at dealing ~25% damage to this with Choice Band. (Night Slash does more, but only like 33%).
And Hyra, we really should avoid all Fire moves on this, otherwise there isn't any good excuse to not have WoW other than it stepping on Dusknoir's nonexistant toes. Plus, bandaged hands + flaming fists = fiery body.

Also, if he gets Morning Sun, then he shouldn't get Rest. 1 Healing move is more than enough.

Also, any feedback on the rest of my movelist? Any comment on my inclusion of Power Whip? Seems like it would work well on him, and while it wouldn't make many final sets, it does give it meta choices.

Rest is a very different kettle of fish from other recovery moves, and every pokemon that can learn TM's except Regigigas learns it.
Not that much different in this case. With Shed Skin, he has a 30% chance of removing it on the very same turn he uses it. That's pretty powerful right there.

If things like Gengar, Banette, Misdrevious, Lunastone, Solrock, etc can breed, this should be able to.

As for what groups it's in, all really depends on what egg moves we want. I listed some on page 1 for HumanShape and Indeterminate that work really well in my opinion.

It will probably be in one of Human Shape or Indeterminant, possibly both.

And Hyra, we really should avoid all Fire moves on this, otherwise there isn't any good excuse to not have WoW other than it stepping on Dusknoir's nonexistant toes. Plus, bandaged hands + flaming fists = fiery body.

Yeah... Fire Punch is one of those cases where it is useful, but probably doesn't fit.

Also, if he gets Morning Sun, then he shouldn't get Rest. 1 Healing move is more than enough.

Everything gets Rest, even things with Recover. No need to change that now.

Also, any feedback on the rest of my movelist? Any comment on my inclusion of Power Whip? Seems like it would work well on him, and while it wouldn't make many final sets, it does give it meta choices.

I actually like Power Whip. It's a very nice touch. Although now that I think about it, Power Whip murders Hippowdon and Swampert. But then again, you shouldn't be using those guys to counter this thing.
@ Rhykune:
Eh... Close Combat is meh flavor wise. When have you seen a Pharaoh jump raging into battle? Also the obvious "lol I'm not entire solid so I don't care about dropping my guard" which still applies to a pile of floating wrappings (there's no body on the inside).

After thinking it over, if it ends up getting Air Lock, I could see giving it Morning Sun or Moonlight (doesn't matter which, honestly). Rest for Shed Skin users, other for Air Lock. Main reason I was against it at first was the idea of a double recover move on a defensive Pokemon, but then I thought about it and Cresselia has this option, better defenses, but doesn't use it, so obviously this guy wouldn't either.

ok Hyra, that makes me feel better lol, it just seemed like alot of people were jumping to conlusions that giving it anything other than STAB attacks, and even then only STAB attacks with under 100 base power was going to make it broken. Almost no matter what moves he gets, he's probably still going to have trouble getting past most extremely defensive pokemon like Hippowdon, Skarmory, etc, without a few Bulk Ups, which is pretty much what I meant with the Machamp mention - that teams are already catered to counter much more dangerous things, but yeah I guess on the matter of the punches its more overlapping with Dusknoir than brokeness. I dislike ThunderPunch particularly too, but I think its a little hard to justify just randomly leaving off one of the punches and giving him the others, but yeah, maybe somebody can come up with something convincing lol

FirePunch also doesn't seem like it fits too well, but it seems even stranger to just give him one punch and not either of the others, so I'm not really sure what the best course of action is. I could actually see a case for Ice Punch and Thunder Punch, since a mummy would most likely dislike fire, but yeah either way, it seems a little odd

The main reason I didn't want to give him the most powerful STAB attacks (Close Combat and Shadow Claw) was that they didn't fit thematically (why would the tank want to lower his defense, and does he even have fingers?).

Also, unlike Machamp, this guy has the defenses to actually live long enough to get a few Bulk Ups off. Is he weak to anything except Psychic and Flying?

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Plus, bandaged hands + flaming fists = fiery body.
And yet the flammable Weezing/Koffing using Flamethrower should = kaboom. And yet... It's almost like Pokemon would allow a Pokemon that should theoretically catch fire or melt to use a fire move.

Is Weezing really that flamable though? I mean, he's poisonous gas, not natural gas or anything. What ice types learn a fire attack? None seem to learn Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, or Will-o-Wisp.

I'm not counting Hidden Power, since there's no telling how that exactly works.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is Weezing really that flamable though? I mean, he's poisonous gas, not natural gas or anything.
Technically liquid in Weezing's case. But there have been several instances in the anime where Koffing/Weezing have blown up after getting hit with a fire attack. And the exploding thing that's referenced several times in dex entries seems like heating the chemicals inside to very hot temperatures would be fun.

What ice types learn a fire attack? None seem to learn Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, or Will-o-Wisp.
None, but there are Steel types that do. Aggron, Steelix, Bastiodon, etc.

I think it deserves wish. Wish even if your going to give it another recovery move. There aren't very good wish-ers around and this pokemon would do great.

This could work-
Level 1: Ice Punch
Level 1: Thunder Punch
Level 1: Pound
Level 1: Leer
Level 1: Sand Tomb
Level 1: Astonish
Level 9: Mach Punch
Level 16: Night Shade
Level 25: Bulk Up
Level 31: Shadow Punch
Level 36: Brick Break
Level 40: Confuse Ray
Level 48: Shadow Claw
Level 51: Protect
Level 59: Cross Chop
Level 64: Imprision
Level 72: Aura Sphere
Level 80: Recover

Egg Moves:
Shadow Sneak
Mach Punch
Destiny Bond
Pursuit
Knock Off
Hypnosis
Close Combat
Moonlight
Dark Pulse

ok, here's how it goes. Since we gave it a meh, but still ok Sp.Atk/Def stat- this is kind of for the person who'd be silly enough to run a Special set- or at least have a chance to. I also gave these moves for the fact that it can run many roles at once. Not only can it be a Wall, it can run CB, or just wall but I think that with recover, it won't need to waste a spot with Rest or another recovery move. I gave it Mach Punch and Shadow Sneak as while they are Quick attack moves, it won't matter since this is more of a tank anyway. But I don't want to give it too much stuff so it's kind of hard to get Lv.up moves as well to make a drawback for the bit of power I gave it.... however, CB set is made from 1 good Hitmonchan though....(Ice/Thunder Punch,Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, ect.) but I like this thing.... but there are better traits than Air Lock.

Is Weezing really that flamable though? I mean, he's poisonous gas, not natural gas or anything. What ice types learn a fire attack? None seem to learn Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, or Will-o-Wisp.

I'm not counting Hidden Power, since there's no telling how that exactly works.
You're obviously excluding our very own Syclant here, who we gave Fire Fang for god knows what reason. And Arceus, but that doesn't count for a multitude of reasons.

Although some Ice pokes do get Sunny Day (which is pretty O.o).

And Koffing's Pokedex entry says that it is explosive. I'm guessing that means fire, unless someone would like to explain to me how gas could explode upon it being frozen.

I don't know about pharohs jumping raging into battle, but a mummy typically advances relentlessly without regard for its own safety.

(It's also weak to ghost)

You're obviously excluding our very own Syclant here, who we gave Fire Fang for god knows what reason. And Arceus, but that doesn't count for a multitude of reasons.

Although some Ice pokes do get Sunny Day (which is pretty O.o).

And Koffing's Pokedex entry says that it is explosive. I'm guessing that means fire, unless someone would like to explain to me how gas could explode upon it being frozen.
Compression of a gas/liquid into a solid, upon which it causes a chain reaction that forces the particles against each other resulting in an explosion. Whether that makes sense or is even plausible I don't know, but we're talking about a floating orb of gas that shoots poison balls.

Either way, could be a chemical explosion. Maybe Koffing smoked some bad pot?

And yes, I'm excluding Syclant. When using precedent, I'm only looking at non ubers.

This could work-
Level 1: Ice Punch
Level 1: Thunder Punch
Level 1: Pound
Level 1: Leer
Level 1: Sand Tomb
Level 1: Astonish
Level 9: Mach Punch
Level 16: Night Shade
Level 25: Bulk Up
Level 31: Shadow Punch
Level 36: Brick Break
Level 40: Confuse Ray
Level 48: Shadow Claw
Level 51: Protect
Level 59: Cross Chop
Level 64: Imprision
Level 72: Aura Sphere
Level 80: Recover

Egg Moves:
Shadow Sneak
Mach Punch
Destiny Bond
Pursuit
Knock Off
Hypnosis
Close Combat
Moonlight
Dark Pulse

ok, here's how it goes. Since we gave it a meh, but still ok Sp.Atk/Def stat- this is kind of for the person who'd be silly enough to run a Special set- or at least have a chance to. I also gave these moves for the fact that it can run many roles at once. Not only can it be a Wall, it can run CB, or just wall but I think that with recover, it won't need to waste a spot with Rest or another recovery move. I gave it Mach Punch and Shadow Sneak as while they are Quick attack moves, it won't matter since this is more of a tank anyway. But I don't want to give it too much stuff so it's kind of hard to get Lv.up moves as well to make a drawback for the bit of power I gave it.... however, CB set is made from 1 good Hitmonchan though....(Ice/Thunder Punch,Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, ect.) but I like this thing.... but there are better traits than Air Lock.
CC no way no how. Also before you make egg moves, where are they going to get them from? Shadow Claw = nono(where are the claws/sharp nails/etc). Aura sphere I can understand, but a bit effy. And cross chop is a no. His hand would fall off! Sand tomb, this attack has nothing to do with tombs, its just quick sand. Pound = o.0.

EDIT: Keep in mind this thing is defensive, and it shouldn't have all the top notch up-to date attacks. If it were up to you this thing would have...

CC
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
ETC

Obviously this mummy is going to get some of not most of these. But not all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)