CAP 4 CAP 4 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONCEPT: A pure flying type pokemon, that sort of looks like a cool hurricane or something. It'd learn really strong and cool moves such as Aero Blast, Ice Beam, Surf, etc, because it's based off of a hurricane.

DESCRIPTION: It's ability would be that it's stats are modified if it's hit by certain elemental moves. Fire and Rock would lower it's speed and special attack one stage. (it's 2x weak to fire, 2x weak to rock) Ice would raise it's speed and special attack one stage. (it's 1x effected by ice). Water and Electric would also power it up like Ice does (it's 1x effected by electric). Rain and Sun would also power up/weaken it (but non sandstorm and hail)

WHY IT'S COOL: I've always wanted a Tornado pokemon since the good old days of RBY. A hurricane could be a really cool idea. It's be mainly defensive, allowing it to counter stuff like Garchomp, Lucario and Heracross pretty easily if it can avoid Stone Edge. However, being hit with Water, Electric or Ice would power up the hurricane and make it a serious threat. Recover (not roost, that'd be too good) would make it a popular wall on many teams, but sandstorm would make it offensively retarded.

It'd have plenty of counters, such as Tyranitar, so I don't think it'd be too broken. It'd also keep freaking Revenanhk in line (seriously guys, it's pretty cheap) with it's Fighting resistance, and lack of Ghost weakness. All in all, I think that it's a neat concept, and it shouldn't be too hard to do.
You're breaking several rules and you're jumping way, way ahead. We're not talking about the types, we're not talking about all the super sweet moves it will learn, we're not talking about counters because we don't even know that yet. We're only talking about the roles the pokemon will play. Read the first post on this thread.

EDIT: Type combos and Typing ideas are NOT a Concept. Concepts should suggest a role the pokemon will play in the metagame. This thread is not for people to get an early jump on cool typing suggestions.

EDIT 2: Ability suggestions are NOT a Concept. Concepts should suggest a role the pokemon will play in the metagame. This thread is not for people to get an early jump on cool ability suggestions.

EDIT 3: In case you don't understand, I'll spell it out -- Do not suggest a specific ability or any typing in a concept submission. If you do so, your submission will be ignored completely.
Not that I (being a newbie) should go sending this around, but seriously...

You're breaking several rules and you're jumping way, way ahead. We're not talking about the types, we're not talking about all the super sweet moves it will learn, we're not talking about counters because we don't even know that yet. We're only talking about the roles the pokemon will play. Read the first post on this thread.
Whoa, chill out man, I already had this all thought out, so I just sort of wrote it down. And what about all those posts with stuff like "poison type" "ice dragon with thick fat" and stuff. And people saying what it would counter and what counters it. I've read the whole thread. I know what's going on.

Not like you could really complain about me breaking rules anyway... you covered the last few pages with ability "ideas"

PS: I edited my post, so it doesn't break any rules.

Part of the problem here is that the word concept can be very vague and is very subjective.

I think an easy way to get around this is to put a good example in the first post. It doesn't have to be one from this particular topic, but it could be a made up one or one that could have possibly been used for Ant/Revenankh/Pyroak should we have really done this when making them.

Whoa, chill out man, I already had this all thought out, so I just sort of wrote it down. And what about all those posts with stuff like "poison type" "ice dragon with thick fat" and stuff. And people saying what it would counter and what counters it. I've read the whole thread. I know what's going on.

Not like you could really complain about me breaking rules anyway... you covered the last few pages with ability "ideas"

PS: I edited my post, so it doesn't break any rules.
That was before the rules were implied. There shouldn't be anymore posts about type combinations or abilities. And I'm very calm thank you very much. I did not cover the last few pages with ability ideas. All I did was the Thick Fat Dragon and I stopped considering the rules were made.

Hmmm...
Concept: Skill Swap Abuser
Description: Skill swap is one of those moves that nobody uses; not too many pokemon can learn it, and the ones that do couldn't care less. Its like having Trick when you're holding a rawst berry and your opponent's holding an cheri (just an example, don't argue over situations). Why not make a pokemon who can actually USE the move? Something with most probably moderate stats and a negative ability (although not one that completely screw it over from the beginning, even if its not using the swap abusing build).
An example of an ability could be;
Stubborn: You may not switch this pokemon out

Concept: Good stats, Good ability, very bad Movepool
Description: It should have nice stats, a good ability, but is really hampered by it's terrible movepool (no move with a base power above 70, no other recovery apart from rest)

Edit: Should only be tanker or attacker, no worthwhile supporting moves.

concept; weather disruptor

description;

when weather is active, switching in this pokemon changes the weather e.g. sun -> rain, sand -> hail etc.

not only would it open up auto sun/rain teams [designed a rain dance team? oops, now your kingdra is at normal speed and half power] but switching it in to see garchump facing 100% accuracy blizzards instead of its sand veil boost would be too good to miss :nerd:

Description: It should have nice stats, a good ability, but is really hampered by it's terrible movepool (no move with a base power above 70, no other recovery apart from rest)
Like Umbreon?

Umbreon's more of a baton passer... this guy should not be able to do anything but tank or attack (i'll edit it in right now)

Amelia said:

Edit: Should only be tanker or attacker, no worthwhile supporting moves.
This sounds kind of boring to make, to be honest. :(

Helios said:
Concept: Skill Swap Abuser
Description: Skill swap is one of those moves that nobody uses; not too many pokemon can learn it, and the ones that do couldn't care less. Its like having Trick when you're holding a rawst berry and your opponent's holding an cheri (just an example, don't argue over situations). Why not make a pokemon who can actually USE the move?
This sounds good. However, the ability you proposed basically makes it something that can Mean Look, however it is sacrificing its own trait to do so in addition to a moveslot. Usually you're not going to get anything worthwhile from the opponent by Skill Swapping, especially not since this Pokemon will be known for the Skill Swap concept and therefore gives the opponent less of an incentive to switch in something with an effective trait.

A possible solution would be giving it more of an unique trait, and of course two of them to keep the opponent guessing.

concept; weather disruptor
This sounds pretty funny to toy with as well. Good luck finding a non-broken typing that can switch on all kinds of weather starters and users though.

Eh, I can't say it follows the rules incredibly well because of the CAP process, but:

Concept: STAB Bolt, STAB Beam
Description: In the simplest form, a Pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt and Ice Beam and is Ice/Electric type.

I could be more descriptive in how it should be, but I don't really want to limit the creativity in it.

This sounds pretty funny to toy with as well. Good luck finding a non-broken typing that can switch on all kinds of weather starters and users though.
And the ability to survive hail and sand. Rock/Ice could be funny, even though Abomasnow, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon could annihilate it. It could make Steel-type moves a little more commonly used (even though Fighting moves do the same thing).

Not that this will happen (I don't want it to happen, either), but imagine a Weavile with Technician. Pursuit, Ice Shard, Fake Out, Aerial Ace, and an insane Faint Attack (135 base power). I am NOT suggesting for this to happen.

Concept: Living Bomb
Description: A pokemon who explodes when hit by either
-a specific type of attack (fire, for examples sake)
-a 1hko attack
-or an attack that takes off over x% of hp (the x would usually be over 100% to prevent him exploding on anything that hits him).
His purpose is to capitalize on the over-predictability of super powerful, super boosted, or weather boosted pokemon by making them think twice about blindly attacking. The explosion would be strong enough to either faint or damage a pokemon to the point of fainting to a single weak priority move. The explosion would probably be ability triggered so he could be flexible and reactive. He would of course, faint after exploding.
Made a couple of changes, but the idea is still the same.

Re-posting my idea.

Concept: Wish/Hazer
Description: There's not many pokemon that learn Wish and Haze that are usable. So it would be great to have a pokemon based around the moves Wish and Haze. We lack in those moves and it's incredibley useful to teams. Vaporeon, Blissey (which is now banned iirc), Altaria and Weezing are the only ones that seem to pass Wish a couple of times and able to Haze successfully. But if it was a pokemon based around Wish, Haze and other support moves, it would be a great addition and would work great in the OU metagame.

Concept: Mind Game user
Description: This pokemon should have a wide movepool, and should be able to effectively pull of unique and game-changing moves like Encore, Sucker Punch, Counter/Mirror Coat, etc. Probably defensive in nature, but it should get some kind of stat-up move to reward smart plays. If prediction is on your side and your team compliments this pokemon, you should be able to take on almost anything if you're a great player.

Also it'd be nice to have a more usable Insomnia user.

Concept- Spinning annoyer
Describtion- something that can come oin on spikes and stones without taking much damage, whip them out. Then just spam the opponents with status moves, taunts, ect. So probably smething that is very weak on offense, but can live and live (not a Blissey).

Concept- Spinning annoyer
Describtion- something that can come oin on spikes and stones without taking much damage, whip them out. Then just spam the opponents with status moves, taunts, ect. So probably smething that is very weak on offense, but can live and live (not a Blissey).
That's more like a forretress no?

Concept- Defensive Dragon with an Ice resist.

Description: A defensive orientated Dragon, preferably Dragon/Ice. The only one that comes to mind is Altaria. It's ability would be Tick fat. I was thinking HP- 90-100, Attack- 70-80, Defense- 130, Special Attack- 60, Special Defense- 100-110, Speed- 61 Iwould propose that this would be to stop physical attackers, and be able to take a hit. It's movepool should be tanky, it should NOT have access to Dragon Dance. It would be a Dragon wall.

That's more like a forretress no?

Concept- Defensive Dragon with an Ice resist.

Description: A defensive orientated Dragon, preferably Dragon/Ice. The only one that comes to mind is Altaria. It's ability would be Tick fat. I was thinking HP- 90-100, Attack- 70-80, Defense- 130, Special Attack- 60, Special Defense- 100-110, Speed- 61 Iwould propose that this would be to stop physical attackers, and be able to take a hit. It's movepool should be tanky, it should NOT have access to Dragon Dance. It would be a Dragon wall.
Did you NOT read the rules? You broke practically every single one. XD

I've read most of the posts here so I don't think this has been mentioned but how about a pokemon that is stronger depending on if you use pokemon of the same type or maybe a similar ability. It would be something that would be weak/average normally but really powerful if you build a team around it. The drawback would be however your team would be limited.

I'm still not positive what we're supposed to be suggesting. How specific are we [not] supposed to be? Is it something like;

Concept: A support pokemon
Description: I think we could use another slightly more defensive pokemon in the CAP collection. I personally would like it to have a variety of support moves, but even focusing on just one or two (hai Poopazing) would be fine.

Or something more general that actually talks about that moves?

I'm not 100% sure. But right now, the only concepts I am liking so far is the Trick Room idea and the Wish/Haze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)