Back to Basics Tournament - Standard OU - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to donate anything since I don't have any outstanding shiny spreads, but since you can RNG an ID and SID now I don't feel bad about offering up bred Pokemon since everything has literally the same value outside of a few XD mons.

Shiny Chimchar
Naive - Blaze
30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70
UT
OR 1 Credit in my thread

Shiny Rhyhorn
Adamant - Solid Rock
31/31/30/x/31/31
UT
Megahorn
OR 1 credit in my thread

Vaporeon
Bold - Water Absorb
30/18/30/31/31/30 HP Electric 70
188 HP/252 Def/70 SpA
Surf/Ice Beam/Wish/Yawn
OR 1 Credit in my thread

I know most people won't be making much use out of these, but they're available in case the winner wants them. If the winners don't, I can substitute whatever prize they get with 1 credit (as you can see). Of course, these prizes are not redistributable.

Alright, I'll add greg's prizes and TLO's prizes, Blak, I'm going to decline your offer, that seems to complicated, and I already offer the same thing, but if you want to upload people's battles from the tournament to YT, go ahead.

Adding Monk...

Well, It's not complicated really. All they have to do is save the battle after it's done with the VS recorder (as long as they are using Pt/SS/HG) , then upload the battle to the gts (takes like 3 seconds) then PM me the code for the battle. From then on, i'll take care of the rest.
I didn't know you offered that also, so i apologize. I thought only the winner of the tournament would get to battle you and get your battle uploaded to youtube. But it doesn't matter to me, The people can choose if they want their battle uploaded and who they want to upload their battle. Syberia has done this with the UU tournament final match, and i thought it would be nice if i did the same for this tourney, except not just the final battle, but any battle that's epic or worth sharing.

You can upload anyone's battle you want as long as you have permission from both sides of the battle. It just doesn't make sense to make it a prize.

Friendly reminder Danielsuperpoke:

Sevven has dropped out.
Monk has signed up.
in

edit: you'll probably get like over 70 sign ups, so expect to make it a larger tourney.

edit again: just realised this is a wifi, i'm out. <_<

You should probably update that. Also, I may be jumping the gun here, but you might not be able to get 32 people at the rate this is going, so be wary of that, or else the tourny may never begin.

I never added Sevven because I read that post after all his edits were done, and I added Monk last night, he's in NikLink's place so I didn't have to redo the numbering by moving everybody up one.

And I'll judge when to stop the sign ups. If it continues to go like this (one-two sign ups per day), then I will start it at a lower number that is to be determined.

I never added Sevven because I read that post after all his edits were done, and I added Monk last night, he's in NikLink's place so I didn't have to redo the numbering by moving everybody up one.

And I'll judge when to stop the sign ups. If it continues to go like this (one-two sign ups per day), then I will start it at a lower number that is to be determined.
I wonder...

Do you think it's now ok to mass-pm to produce enough participants to get it to 32???

edit: Since I don't know when you'll be back online today: since it's 11 am in my hometown, I'll have to assume that's a yes... I don't want to wait one more day to come back online and find myself with a bye due to this tourney possibly starting with less than 32 players signed up...

I wonder if the next time you're online will be tomorrow, and if that's the case, then if geren's join post is the last post in this thread up to that point, I wonder if you'll cut off signups and start the tourney prematurely(or before the no. of players = 32, or two to the fifth power, the minimum you put down on your first post).

^ If I'm right, I'd better start pm'ing people before tomorrow even comes, and before that statement can be proven: offline people have to go online to respond. If you're not online to respond to concerns, I have to assume the worst, and in this case, I'll have to begin seeking willing players... Please go online and tell me if you want me to stop seeking. Until then...

I'm in. Will this be single elim, swiss, or other?
I'm assuming single elim...

...But since the creator is offline now, and since he's three hours ahead of me, with me being in AZ, the time here is 12 pm, so if he waits any more time, the likelihood of him having to go to bed before coming back online gets more and more possible, and you may have to wait for an exact answer...

Greg, don't worry, I'll handle this. Your post makes no sense to me, so I'm going to ignore it. Don't try to take control of this tournament. And if your in AZ, we're in the same time zone, but there's this thing called school, and I kind of have to be there during the day. I'm on the computer any time I'm not there though. =P

Adding everyone that posted to join up to this post, still accepting sign ups.

I'm going to keep the limit at 32, I won't shorten it unless it takes forever to get these last 9 people.

Oh, and this will be single elimination.

Greg, don't worry, I'll handle this. Your post makes no sense to me, so I'm going to ignore it. Don't try to take control of this tournament. And if your in AZ, we're in the same time zone, but there's this thing called school, and I kind of have to be there during the day. I'm on the computer any time I'm not there though. =P

Adding everyone that posted to join up to this post, still accepting sign ups.

I'm going to keep the limit at 32, I won't shorten it unless it takes forever to get these last 9 people.

Oh, and this will be single elimination.
...And I thought you were in indiana...

oh, well...

Adding the 3 of you and Greg, I am in Indiana, Central timezone, same as Arizona.

6 Spots left.

Wow, I need to look at a map more. But still, he said I was 3 hours different from him, since I'm in the Central part of IN and he's Mountain time in AZ.

Regardless, don't post again on this, I don't want this thread to be spammed anymore than it already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)