SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

(Scald going down to Scorching Sands' base power could work nicely; Knock Off... perhaps a 40 BP would work, like Rapid Spin)
The problem with Scald wasn't so much the BP (though making it like 10 BP would make it pretty bad), but more so you had a 30% chance to ruin majority of Pokemon with a burn, while also being super effective to the only type immune to burns naturally, and said move was give to so many Water types its easier to name all the fully evolved Water types that didn't get it. Unless you had Magic Guard, Water/Burn immune abilities, or didn't care about burns, switching in was always a risk.
Chilling Water is such a version of Scald gameplay wise since it helps fend off physical attackers by lowing their attack, without making switching into Water types a roulette of being completely ruined for a bunch of Pokemon and still being mostly negative for most others.

I'd rather have stuff like Pikachu being compatible with the Surf TM or Dragonite learning Extremespeed naturally, before having to deal with old events. Just give Chansey Wish and stop beating the bush.

Body Slam and Double Edge should be widespread. Not Mega Punch and Mega Kick, those 2 moves were already bad in Gen I.
But how else am i supposed to feel superior about my collection of mons I gathered over 20 years ago? my Sing marowak might not win many fights, but it can score a decent "wtf" for a quick laugh

Return/Frustration is 100% a casualty of the ability to share and download teams. IIRC it was a problem in gen 7 when they first tried it, where Return and Frustration would match the current trainer values, not the owner's, and thus said moves would never be at their full power. With the increased push for VGC in SwSh and the ease of sharing codes around, im not surprised its gone.

I do wish there was some substitute though...my poor Stoutland and Bewear want to relive the glory days...
What glory days

I'd rather have stuff like Pikachu being compatible with the Surf TM or Dragonite learning Extremespeed naturally, before having to deal with old events. Just give Chansey Wish and stop beating the bush.
There's a pretty fundamental difference between Surf Pikachu/Espeed Dragonite and Wish Chansey, and it's that Wish Chansey does not exist outside the bounds of Showdown. It's iconic to exactly people who use this online simulator, and nowhere else. I think keeping tempered expectations for what event only moves actually make their way back to the series is for the best. (Even if I can't help but hope craziness like V-Create Rayquaza comes back)

So Centro's saying you can only rematch the Gym Leaders once. Anyone have any knowledge on this front?
This is my limited understanding from hearing others talk, but:

In the postgame (actual postgame), you are tasked with checking up that the Gym Leaders are staying up to standard. During this quest, you rematch them each exactly once.

However, there's also a training tournament (similar in concept to the endgame tournament from SwSh, except actually randomly chosen) and the Gym Leaders can appear as opponents in that. Unfortunately, you cannot control which ones.

Return/Frustration is 100% a casualty of the ability to share and download teams. IIRC it was a problem in gen 7 when they first tried it, where Return and Frustration would match the current trainer values, not the owner's, and thus said moves would never be at their full power. With the increased push for VGC in SwSh and the ease of sharing codes around, im not surprised its gone.

I do wish there was some substitute though...my poor Stoutland and Bewear want to relive the glory days...
I always thought there'd be a very easy fix for this: just make Return a fixed 100 (105?) BP move but make it a tutor move and lock it behind needing 255 friendship.
But yeah, GF would rather the easy way out, or lessen the barrier of entry to VGC, whatever headcanon you're most comfortable with.

Another issue is that Normal doesn't counter Ghost because the type itself is straight up countered by it. I see Chansey brought up as an Aegislash counter here and there, but really, what is Chansey doing back to Aegislash outside of having more PP in the long game? Other Bulky Normals like Snorlax aren't don't much to Ghost either outside on non-STAB coverage moves.
I wish that Gamefreak had used gen 9, with its emphasis on types, to rebalance the type chart a bit. I know they are loathe to do this and I think I understand why, but I also think most people would not be bothered if they adjusted a few type weaknesses and resistances, especially ones the average casual player may not tend to notice. Instead they seem intent on continuing to try to give types additional strengths or nerfs via mechanics outside of resistances and weaknesses of the type itself (namely replacing Hail with a better weather for Ice types for instance), and adjusting the stats and moves of existing "problem" pokemon. Which is nicer than doing nothing, but I'd like to see more.

I suppose my one other disappointment with gen 9 is that older pokemon once more didn't get stat buffs. Was hoping that what they did in gen 6 and 7 would continue as a tradition for (hopefully) underpowered pokemon, even if the buffs normally didn't do a great deal they were still nice.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
slp32 Found it. It's this part on the map. All the way up to the Northwest corner of Paldea, it goes up to Glaseado, but I'm not sure it's part of it.

View attachment 465875

Speaking of which, I just found a map of Paldea with absolutely nothing on it on Google. Gonna repost it here if people need to reference a place or whatever.

Hmmm.... Now what could that conspicious black cut-out in the top-right corner be....... I'm stumped on this one bros.......... Truly a caper..........................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)