SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Hey nintendo ninjas can you please go for Khu next, I'm tired of him acting all creepy

I'll be honest, I've always found it really funny that the Pokémon leak community has drama involving not being credited for leaking a game, despite th fact that leaking is a literal crime.

Usually its best to not let people know you are the one comitting crimes but I guess that doesn't aply if its for the twitter following
I believe leaking isn’t illegal but selling before the street date is fineable.

My problem with Centro is not necessarily the fact that they don't credit, but that because of their "must be first" Twitter clout mentality, during high-leak season they don't fact-check, and because a lot of people flock to them as the authority, this leads to theory and/or misinformation spreading as fact. (there was a literal example of this just this week, but I can't remember what. The abilities from 4chan that were a supposed trap for Centro turned out to be real, but there was something else where we were speculating in this thread and then Centro reported it as fact.)

My problem with Centro is not necessarily the fact that they don't credit, but that because of their "must be first" Twitter clout mentality, during high-leak season they don't fact-check, and because a lot of people flock to them as the authority, this leads to theory and/or misinformation spreading as fact. (there was a literal example of this just this week, but I can't remember what. The abilities from 4chan that were a supposed trap for Centro turned out to be real, but there was something else where we were speculating in this thread and then Centro reported it as fact.)
The Move Wipe thing.

Huh, for some reason I thought it'd be bigger

Iron Thorns is in the same user's feed too.
The music tho! :quagchamppogsire:

Also, Iron Valiant looks absolutely sick in motion, I'm sold.

With the SV metagame coming out soon, looking to be pretty offensive with many new threats and PP of recovery moves outside of Strength Sap being cut in half. May I suggest to defensive teams one Pokemon they can use.
Maushold.
Ok, but why Maushold? It's frail.
Well Defensive teams in the past have often employed frailer Pokemon like Dugtrio as an infamous example, but also Pokemon like Starmie, Weavile, and Zeraora have found huge success on defensive teams in past generations for their ability to handle offensive teams and wallbreakers. Their blazing speed and ability to threaten most offensive Pokemon allowed the defensive cores of a team to be at ease with such offensive pressure.
With Maushold, you have a pretty fast 111 Spe Pokemon. This is actually normally slower than usual offense on defense Pokemon. However, Maushold has a great toolkit for helping against offense.

-Tidy Up, a new move exclusive to Maushold, is basically a Dragon Dance+Defog (without evasion drop, which is also important)
-Population Bomb, a normal move that is like Triple Axel, but effectively 200 BP normally and hits 10 times
-Bite/Beat Up and Low Sweep
-Technician

Tidy Up and Population Bomb are the 2 key components, while Bite/Beat Up and Low Sweep are mostly there as coverage for offensive threats like Houndstone and Kingsgambit.
Tidy Up is absolutely excellent for Maushold being on a defensive team as it makes Maushold a premier hazard remover. Being able to remove hazards without procing Defiant and while also being a massive threat to most of the frailer offensive teams. Population Bomb more than makes up for its 75 Atk. It's already pretty strong against several defensive Pokemon and OHKOs a lot of neutral targets after a +1 Atk. Normally when defensive Defoggers try removing Hazards, they often let something safely switch in, and for Maushold, nothing on Offense really safely switches in due to it being insanely fast and being able to remove anything that isn't a ghost/steel/rock type instantly. Also, unlike Defog, any hazard setter on the opposing team can't just spam Stealth Rock or Spikes because doing so only makes Maushold stronger.

So I hope this may be good advice for people when making defensive teams. This gen will be pretty wild.

I can respect that, but I’d counter that the fact the meta will be sun-heavy would be reason to take advantage of the new snow buff to get rid of it. Getting rid of it (and even electric terrain) is as much detrimental to a team losing it as it is having it.

Also, isn’t there a new move that sets the snow and switches out at the same time?
Regenerator Slowking/Bro with Chilling Reception or whatever is going to be everywhere, yeah

-Population Bomb, a normal move that is like Triple Axel, but effectively 200 BP normally and hits 10 times
on average this move hits just under 6 times with an average bp of 118. you can up this with wide lens but im guessing you wouldnt be running full offensive on a defensive team, and would opt for hdb instead if its role is more focused on hazard removal?

it also gets some really nice utility in encore and super fang, and can maintain momentum with u-turn

on average this move hits just under 6 times with an average bp of 118. you can up this with wide lens but im guessing you wouldnt be running full offensive on a defensive team, and would opt for hdb instead if its role is more focused on hazard removal?

it also gets some really nice utility in encore and super fang, and can maintain momentum with u-turn
We’ll have to see what item it prefers. HDBs does sound nice since it will be a hazard remover and with it hitting 6 times on average it has an effective 180 BP move thanks to Technician, even if that is a major drop off from the 300 BP it could get.

Encore and U-turn also sound cool on Maushold as well if you can fit them on it.

As far as I know there is absolutely no way for him to know this as there is no code in SV that would permit us this knowledge.

If anyone believes to be false and that there is a way to know, please speak up now. I would much rather not have to wait months for an answer on this meta-defining question.
1) I still don't think there's a nailed-down answer to this yet because it's so rare: Does Ability Patch allow Hidden Abilities to be changed to regular abilities now?

2) I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet: What does SV's origin mark look like? Does it have one? Can Pokemon be hacked to have Gen 6-8 origin marks? Do their images exist in the game files? (If movesets were indeed being reset, then there would be no need for any origin marks except aesthetics.)

I wish that Gamefreak had used gen 9, with its emphasis on types, to rebalance the type chart a bit. I know they are loathe to do this and I think I understand why, but I also think most people would not be bothered if they adjusted a few type weaknesses and resistances, especially ones the average casual player may not tend to notice. Instead they seem intent on continuing to try to give types additional strengths or nerfs via mechanics outside of resistances and weaknesses of the type itself (namely replacing Hail with a better weather for Ice types for instance), and adjusting the stats and moves of existing "problem" pokemon. Which is nicer than doing nothing, but I'd like to see more.

I suppose my one other disappointment with gen 9 is that older pokemon once more didn't get stat buffs. Was hoping that what they did in gen 6 and 7 would continue as a tradition for (hopefully) underpowered pokemon, even if the buffs normally didn't do a great deal they were still nice.
I agree that they're probably terrified to mess with the current chart because it's already so complex and one small adjustment can have a lot of rippling effects. I also really hoped for a little bit more rebalancing and cross-gen stat buffs for old Pokemon, but the snow adjustment and defense boost for Ice types is better than nothing. If they just made ONE small change, I would have wanted Ice types to resist Water type moves instead. Ice needs a little bit more defensive utility and Water is pretty overpowered as-is.

The supposed Defiant and Contrary nerfs that said they'd only activate once per battle?

Could I ask where "Dalizapa Passage" and "Socarrat Trail" are? Are these part of "Glaseado Mountain"?
Like someone else said Socarrat Trail is the northwest corner of the map. you have to zoom in to see the name. Dalizapa Passage is the pokestop warp point south of Glaceado. It says the name if you hover over it. Dalizapa is the point where the caves under Glaceado and the caves west of the mountain meet up.
Two things though: Dalizapa seems to be a very broad met location (the habitats for snom and persian barely overlap), and I could have sworn I caught both of those above ground anyway. Not sure what the deal is.

Anyway I thought the Areas would be arranged radially around Area Zero, but if you look at the map theres no rhyme or reason to the placenames. Besides North, south, east, west province..

...You really went and typed that and thought it was good to post huh? Alright!

While parsing the learnset data for my database I noticed:
- As many remarked, Luvdisc and Zangoose have no Egg Moves on the table, but have what would normally be their Egg Moves in the Unknown Relearn table
- Cacnea ALSO has no Egg Moves, but seemingly has nothing in the table

1668578037867.png

About halfway done btw

Depends on your goal with him also depends on what format you're talking
Well what I am looking for is VCG format and OU as well, I am still deciding on either Meowscarada or Skeledirge as my starter so the one that may have the best diversity for it's team would be great. Also which teammates would work best. I do know I want a water/dragon in my team so which would work well with it.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Well what I am looking for is VCG format and OU as well, I am still deciding on either Meowscarada or Skeledirge as my starter so the one that may have the best diversity for it's team would be great. Also which teammates would work best. I do know I want a water/dragon in my team so which would work well with it.
If you mean Water or Dragon, there's lots of options. If you mean Water and Dragon, hope you like Sushi.
Tatsugiri gets Storm Drain as its HA, which supports Skeledirge more in Doubles. Don't know enough about playing VGC to tell how good Unaware looks for SV Dex, but just saying, it would've been better last Gen with Dynamax boosts to ignore.

For OU, Meowscarada is way more likely to be good than Skeledirge. Protein even after the nerf, being a fast physical attacker with U-Turn, and Entry Hazads looks too good.

If you don't mind doing multiple playthroughs on different Switch profiles, both. Going to be annoying to move from one save to the other before Home updates though.

To add on what CTNC said..

Skeledirge is unlikely to have real VGC viability. Being weak to both Rock Slide and Earthquake is never a good thing when these tend to be common offensive moves/coverage due to their spread nature, and Unaware isn't really an ability that is that impactful in VGC as setup sweepers are pretty rare.
It doesn't really have any stand-out traits that would justify using it either as generic defensive walls with no real utility other than "being a wall" are kinda useless in doubles.

For OU, Skeledirge is likely to be a niche pokemon if viable at all, its weakness to common things on top of being vulnerable to Knock Off (which while rarer, will be even more important this gen) AND weak to stealth rock, combined with recovery nerfs, aren't going to help, moreso in a meta which is going to feature prominent dark and ghost types once again.

TLDR: forget the croc, go cat.

Last edited:
centro had a weird attitude about not being caught, for some reason he thought he had immunity from sharing blatant leaks.. a sad story, centro said "try me" and the Nintendo lawyers.. well.. they did in fact, try him.

:psysly:
Yknow, I wouldnt be surprised if the fact Centro got nuked has nothing to do with Nintendo and actually has to do with generic twitter shitstorms going on lately and/or random hate speech tbh.

That said, with all the damage they've done with the misinformation spread, I am glad they are gone (for now).
Just need to ban Khu and we may have peaceful leaks next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)