5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

whenever i enter my hit delay in the timer i always get some outlandish number like -866 the highest i got was -1048 what am i doing wrong?

Quick question on rng'ing thundurus/tornadus, do you hit your seed and advance the frame inside the house, go through the cut scene, and then go figure out where he is and catch him? I'm just confused as to at what point his iv's are determined.

Pardon me if this is stupid.

On the third floor of the Celestial Tower, the trainers only seem to turn if you are running. If you walk instead of run, do they not advance the PIDRNG?

I'll test this later when I actually get to the Tower in Black, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed it/tested it already.

if you run, they turn because they notice you for the fact you are running. I'm pretty sure that if they don't turn, the frame won't advance.

if you run, they turn because they notice you for the fact you are running. I'm pretty sure that if they don't turn, the frame won't advance.
Intuitively, this makes sense, but I was wonder if anyone had tested it. I don't want to just assume it is the case before doing 1000+ frame advancements, ya know? @_@;;

Okay, I'm really confused on how to get a shiny. I get bearsfan's video on abusing for IVs and stuff, but shininess confuses me, since there are two frames.

I know how to advance the regular frame, but not the shiny frame. And I don't know what my Shiny frame starts at.

I'm most interested in shiny eggs, however.

gahh, this PID generation is eating me alive! Whenever I start my game (my IV spread is on frame 1) and immediately sweet scent, I either capture a Litwick with a Quiet nature, and the IV's I want or one with a Quirky nature and the IV's I want. And whenever I save once then sweet scent, I either catch one with Adamant and the IV's I want or one with Lonely and the IV's I want. So I have no clue which frame I'm starting from. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Simple Question: When we use items such as Max Repels while walking... does it advance the frame in any way?

Edit: Apparently it does. o_O
When I didn't use the Max Repel while walking, I got a Jolly Nature.
When I did within the 128 steps, I got a Lonely Nature.

Hope that helps others too. :]
No, you either didn't walk in the same pattern both times, or you didn't hit your seed both times.

gahh, this PID generation is eating me alive! Whenever I start my game (my IV spread is on frame 1) and immediately sweet scent, I either capture a Litwick with a Quiet nature, and the IV's I want or one with a Quirky nature and the IV's I want. And whenever I save once then sweet scent, I either catch one with Adamant and the IV's I want or one with Lonely and the IV's I want. So I have no clue which frame I'm starting from. Does anyone know why this is happening?
This is either because your timer0 is changing (which sucks since there's really not much you can do about it, keypresses usually advance the timer0 by 1) or there are turning NPCs and you aren't pausing the game at the same time each time.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying to just the Generate Adjacent Seeds feature to see what seed I've landed on, but get seeds that don't seem to be at all correct. The baseline seed used for generation changes, as well. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

I'm fairly certain that the seeds on the bottom of the image (before adjacent generation) are correct, as verified through Seed Finder. I've noticed this in Beta 5 and Beta 6.2.
Goddamn, this bug has more lives than a cat. But I finally put it down; there's a beta 6.3 up for download. Same link on the first page.

When looking for your starting frame using the Method 5 PIDRNG, is there a way to search through results for a certain combination?

Also, does using sweet scent advance the PIDRNG frame?

It's painful looking through so many results.

I dont know whats going on, I've calibrated to the same consistency each time so I used those results for non-cgear. I could swear I've been doing the frame advances right, (I have a frame 1 btw). I know my target second is reached by booting up 1 second earlier. I always keep hitting the same crappy seed. Can someone specify when to do the button input (like Keypress Left)? Maybe I've gone wrong there.

During calibration I found my Vframe was min 0 /max F, when I used the results to Time Finder the Vframe is input as 8 instead. Should I fix that? For Vcount it put 60, while my calibration was min 50/max 70.

This is either because your timer0 is changing (which sucks since there's really not much you can do about it, keypresses usually advance the timer0 by 1) or there are turning NPCs and you aren't pausing the game at the same time each time.
ok, so you're saying when I hit C86 (mine goes between C86 and C87) that I'll have, say, the Quirky one, whereas when I hit C87 I'll have the Quiet one. Same with after one save, one is Adamant, and one is Lonely?

and what range should I be looking for my frame in? Anything higher than 1000?

Okay, I need to know what I'm doing wrong... I'm trying to hatch a Jolly Archen with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs. I'm using a flawless ditto as parent A and a 31/0/31/x/x/31 female Jolly Archen (w/everstone) as parent B.

MAC address is: 001BEA5990DE
(English) Black cartridge.
Timer0: C7C
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6

The seed I'm currently using is:
Seed: DD2E2C8BB82B6F29
4/9/2011 @ 3:01:20
IV Frame: 17
Held button: Left, R

I advanced the frame, took the egg and got the same Bashful 31/31/31/x/x/31 male twice in a row. I can't seem to find this particular nature/ IV inheritance combo anywhere...

Incidentally, I noticed that the parent (the jolly female) that I used for breeding this was actually on a Timer0 of C7B (different seed.. Don't remember which). Every time I tried hitting that seed, I ended up getting that Timer0 value instead of the C7C one that I wanted... (I tried it multiple times for this one, and I kept getting the jolly female with the same IVs as its parent).
Meanwhile, I know that I am capable of getting C7C, as I hit that Timer0 when RNGing a couple other pokemon yesterday. Am I just unlucky today, or are the button combos/date messing it up or something? Do I ever have a chance to hit C7C?

And what on earth am I hitting when I get that dang bashful male? o.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When looking for your starting frame using the Method 5 PIDRNG, is there a way to search through results for a certain combination?

Also, does using sweet scent advance the PIDRNG frame?

It's painful looking through so many results.
1) You have to plug the seed in the main window and use the filter functions (nature, ability, etc.)

2) Nope, no advances.

3) Initial frame is within the 40-60 frame range. If you're searching beyond that, you're searching too far.

So when searching for the initial seed in time finder, do you select Wild Pokemon for the Encounter type or Gift Pokemon?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3432916&postcount=

Don't think this was answered. This question was related to generating a seed for Shiny Starter Pokemon. Kaphotics first showed Viss how to do it using Researcher. However, I was not sure about the seed generation part. You obviously won't know your ID or your SID (since those will be generated when you start the new game).

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3432916&postcount=

Don't think this was answered. This question was related to generating a seed for Shiny Starter Pokemon. Kaphotics first showed Viss how to do it using Researcher. However, I was not sure about the seed generation part. You obviously won't know your ID or your SID (since those will be generated when you start the new game).

I would also like to know that!

I'm confused on how you got the Seed that was put into Researcher to generate results.

I've followed most of the front page and can not find the search button for this thread. I would like to know, for DS parameters, what is meant by held button? Can ANY manipulation be done using a non c-gear method (c-gear is way too time consuming for me)? Finally, will manipulation work with a 3DS (if not, I'll use my semi-broken DS Lite)? Also, would someone care to explain what all the parameters are supposed to do?
Repost from last page. I would really like to know all this so I can get an accurate idea of what to do with this gen's RNG.

Repost from last page. I would really like to know all this so I can get an accurate idea of what to do with this gen's RNG.
Held Button is the button you need to hold as soon the game starts up all the way until the Game Freak logo is gone and the intro with the music kicks in.

You only need to hold it if your Seed tells you too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)