Anyone interested in making Gameboy sprites of new pokemon?

Haha, wow, I didn't expect this thread to get some submissions. Thanks a lot you guys, continue contributing. I'll probably update the original post every once in a while with your submissions. I'll give a try but I'm afraid it'll look horrendous.
EDIT: OK I tried, but gave up cause I'm just so bad at it.

This demake of sprites came up when I suddenly have a burst of nostalgia from RBY and sprite based games of my youth.

I did this guy because he was easy. Also, Cyndaquil is one of my favorite pokemon.
I might finish the line.

How does it look?

Edit: Oh yeah, monochrome colouring. Whoops.

Loving Altaria and Manectric (despite the latter being a dumb conehead monster). Wyverii and Cartoons! are the fucking best.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Sorry, but the style you are using makes Cyndaquil look like a low quality GSC sprite. RBY sprites rarely have dithering, but GSC sprites are way over dithered imo.

It's got the side flaps, it's blissey :/

I'll give this a shot. Seems like a fun challenge C:

Absolutely love Cartoons and Wyverii's stuff as always <__<

Rhydon has some significant dithering on him, so hopefully my work over of Rhyperior doesn't look too out of place next to his cousins.

DDRMaster, looks a bit too good, in fact. Or at least, too realistic. The farther back in time you go, the more cartoonish the proportions of the Pokemon. Even 'realistically' styled Pokemon like Ninetales and Rapidash don't try to hard to emulate the form of real animals, and Luxray doesn't inherently look like it fits into that mold anyway.
Try making the head bigger, the torso and legs stubbier and look at the RB sprites for cues on how to approach the coloring.

Great to see you jumping aboard, Atyroki.

The example of Milotic I promised. I completely remade it. I tried to keep it "beautiful" while still making it look like it came from the GB era. So I added some scales and made it really really skinny. I couldn't make it transparent, unfortunately.

EDIT: I messed up btw, the limit is 56x56. Remember to abuse perspective and make sure you use the black from the pokemon sprites your using as it is not a pure black like the one in paint.

The example of Milotic I promised. I completely remade it. I tried to keep it "beautiful" while still making it look like it came from the GB era. So I added some scales and made it really really skinny. I couldn't make it transparent, unfortunately.

EDIT: I messed up btw, the limit is 56x56. Remember to abuse perspective and make sure you use the black from the pokemon sprites your using as it is not a pure black like the one in paint.
well, that sprite seriously kicks mine in the can, nice job! XD
maybe i should stay away from this project since my sprites quite frankly, fail (in all the wrong ways)i

Made the background transparent on your Milotic. It's an appealing sprite and I like how you handled the shading around the head and neck. Have you tried handling the scales without the black outline? If you have and judged the outline being the better option, that's cool, I was just curious.

Aviator, I don't think this project is really serious about making a shoddy pack or anything. It's just for fun, and is good practice besides, so by all means continue to contribute if you feel so inclined.

edit: haha. igglybuff. as it is, looks less spaced out than its relatives, but I agree with the wonky eyes...very Green wigglytuff

Well, I finally gave it a shot. I started with something simple.

Here's shroomish. Any tips on making it better? This is my first ever sprite so yeah...

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Guys I traded my level 100 nidoking to a rocket trainer for the keys to his truck and look who i found inside, this is bullshit.

Man spriting is really difficult, this is like one of the first sprites I've ever done to completion and is probably awful but i wanted to take part in this since RBGY sprites are like the coolest things ever.

Edit: better? I think? maybe?

Haha at the celebi. Could use a mouth, though.

Ludiloom, couldn't you use the green pallette? And the petals are strangely shaded..

(btw you spelled my name wrong in the first post D:)

Haha at the celebi. Could use a mouth, though.

Ludiloom, couldn't you use the green pallette? And the petals are strangely shaded..

(btw you spelled my name wrong in the first post D:)
I'll fix that.

Yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the legs to work out properly but I guess this will do for now.

Hi. I tried another making another random sprite. I could definitely do a lot better though. If someone could give me advice that would be sweet.

It looks nothing like Mr. Mime lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)