Anyone interested in making Gameboy sprites of new pokemon?

Guys I traded my level 100 nidoking to a rocket trainer for the keys to his truck and look who i found inside, this is bullshit.

Man spriting is really difficult, this is like one of the first sprites I've ever done to completion and is probably awful but i wanted to take part in this since RBGY sprites are like the coolest things ever.

Edit: better? I think? maybe?
Honestly I think maybe the amateur aspect just added to it .__.

I absolutely love it... it's adorably retarded looking (no offense, I think that's exactly how it should be)

Can I use it as an avatar?

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Honestly I think maybe the amateur aspect just added to it .__.

I absolutely love it... it's adorably retarded looking (no offense, I think that's exactly how it should be)

Can I use it as an avatar?
Dude I would be honoured haha, and yeah its meant to be like green mews brother

they share the bad sprite affliction

Holy crap ahahaha, that Celebi is a masterpiece. I'm also digging the Munchlax I saw earlier. Anyway, just pumped out the Murkrow line, yeah I like birds.

Wyverii, those are completely kick-ass. The only thing I have to say is Murkrow is really huge... maybe make it a mite bit smaller?

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Sick murkrow line!

I tried electivire but it looks weak...i guess i should have been more creative with the perspective to cram it in the box and still look burly

Awesome to see this thread coming alive. I'm loving Chaos' Munchlax, Buffalo's creepy alien, and Wyverii's latest particularly in this newest batch. Bynine, your Meganium looks amazing as well.

Adding some ghosties to the mix.

Don't know if this is up to par, but here's Spiritomb, made completely from scratch.

EDIT: I think all the completed sprites should be placed in a grid just like how the RB sprites are presented in the link on the first post. That way you can see the progress and the different Poke's that are done!

my stupid inability to accept failure chipped away at me, so i gave it another go, with a simple pokemon this time

i think it turned out better, hopefully you guys agree ^-^

Cartoons! you've made me very happy in spriting those <3
They look glorious, but mostly in design, not so much shading wise. Can you upload them as a non transparent png so I may make an edit?

EDIT: Take no offense, the shading just seems basic, rather than something that could be more detailed. Just some problems with the aa and such. They still look good.

EDIT2: Made some slight adjustments to Milotic
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/50603.htm

EDIT3: Went ahead and made the edit;

The only real problem is your lack of polishing, you seem to think that because you want an odd anatomy or that because its meant to look like the old stuff means that it indeed must be gritty and shaded of-fly, shape is the most important thing to make it look like the great pokemon games we know. Also, your pokemon all seem to have a pinkish hue to the brightest shade, it needs to be white.

The only real problem is your lack of polishing, you seem to think that because you want an odd anatomy or that because its meant to look like the old stuff means that it indeed must be gritty and shaded of-fly, shape is the most important thing to make it look like the great pokemon games we know. Also, your pokemon all seem to have a pinkish hue to the brightest shade, it needs to be white.
Posting to say I don't agree with any of this. I don't think that the artists in this thread should tone down the intensity of their work to meet some "hard and fast rules" of what the original game's artists did.

I also think your criteria is a bit subjective; there are plenty of R/B/G sprites that are overly detailed, overcomplicated, and unclear. It's part of the charm, imo, and that stuff is lost in the edits you posted.

I really enjoy a lot of the work in this thread!

Yeah, I can see what your saying. But you can still have the same effects all of the old sprites did without it looking unpolished. Overly detailed/complicated are not what I meant. He needs to refine is what I mean. There were problems with aa and banding in the original sprites that really didn't need to be there. I'm not talking about the level of detail I'm referring to how it's applied.

Wow, these are amazing. Cartoons, Wyv, and Bynine made some of my favorite sprites in this thread. Although danilyu's Spiritomb is equally awesome.

I've never done any spriting before, but I thought I might give it a shot. Anyways, here's my first attempt at spriting: scratched R/B Manaphy.

I had some trouble with the outline; R/B Sprites have really messed up outlines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)