Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CAP prevos, which usually happen in between main CAPs, are made entirely based upon flavor. However, every main CAP is based very much within the competitive realm.

Are there ever CAP projects which are based more on flavour than actual competitiveness?
At some point in time, I believe FlashCAPS went on on Showdown and on IRC, which were somewhat competitive based but also a lot sillier than the main CAPs. I haven't seen one in a really long time though, which is a shame.

Just curious and sorry if this is a dumb question but here it is.
Would it ever be possible for there to be a cap that utilizes Eviolite or other NFE advantages such as the Lightball situation for pikachu?

Just curious and sorry if this is a dumb question but here it is.
Would it ever be possible for there to be a cap that utilizes Eviolite or other NFE advantages such as the Lightball situation for pikachu?
We haven't been implementing the pre-evolutions on showdown, because there isn't enough call for it. There's no sense in making a CAP around Eviolite, because you could just make the CAP bulkier and get the same result. It's a shame, because Flarelm might be CAP viable with Eviolite. I could even see CAP LC being a cool format.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are some CAPs like Crucibelle not given a pokedex entry during the stages and will they ever be given one?
While we used to wait until every single step was done before posting the Final Product step, a while back we changed our procedure so that the Final Product is posted and the playtest is started once all the important competitive stages are done. We still do things like Pokedex entries and potential flavor abilities, however, since they should not be effecting the competitive parts of the Pokemon, we no longer wait for them to start testing. So, for this specific project, you can expect Pokedex entry submissions to start soon.

Even though it's not really relevant right now, I'm still a bit confused: Is the "CAP Concept Workshop"-Subforum used again for the next CAP's?
It wasn't really specified when jas61292 announced that there will be a traditional Concept Submission Thread for Crucibelle.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though it's not really relevant right now, I'm still a bit confused: Is the "CAP Concept Workshop"-Subforum used again for the next CAP's?
It wasn't really specified when jas61292 announced that there will be a traditional Concept Submission Thread for Crucibelle.
That is a very good question, and one to which I am not completely sure of the answer. As of right now, I believe it is something we still need to discuss. I personally believe that most people were not satisfied with the workshop, and thus I don't think we would go back to it, at least not without major changes. However, what we would do instead, I do not know.

I know that this forum is not the place to be discussing "when will x happen?" but I really need a link to the overall steps to the CAP process. Where can I find this?

It's been a while, and we still do not have a Pokedex submissions area for Crucibelle. Are we skipping it this time? Would just like to know, because I have a few ideas but it seems like the Pokedex submissions won't happen.

Just curious for future reference but, when submitting an art submission would it be alright to include gender differences in a design?

CAP fan art is allowed, as long as it is relevant to existing CAPs, including applicable Prevos. I remember being told not to post fan art of an ongoing CAP design until the art submissions were complete, as the art might sway votes.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To answer the question, fanart can be posted in the CAP Kitchen thread. Just be sure to follow the above rules that Integer Mova mentioned above.

Sorry for the sudden question but how long was again between each CAPs (when does the next process start)?
When the next process starts depends on whenever the CAP project is ready for it; this is usually after PR has recruited new PR members and finished any necessary topics in the CAP PR forum.

Hey I can guess that this has been asked before but have any of the old Custom Abilities been changed since their conceptions?
Namely Rebound since some swear that it now bounces Defog.

I don't think Rebound itself has changed, it's just always bounced the same things as Magic Coat and Magic Bounce. And those bounce Defog. So, Rebound itself bounces it.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When does CAP allow the new addition of a move or ability?
We don't do new moves or abilities any more in CAP. We did some back in the DP generation, but since then, we have come to think it is better for CAP to focus on using the hundreds of moves and abilities now available in the game, rather than inventing new ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)