Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pokemon and I want to change its EV spread.

1. It has an effort ribbon, and it's level 42, can it's EV spread still be changed?
2. It was given a 252 SpA/ Spe 6 Atk EV spread. I want to spread to be 252 SpA/ 102 Spe/ 156 Atk. If I give it one -Speed berry, and give it two more speed EVS, it will be at 102, correct? Then I can give it 150 Atk EVs, and I'll have the correct spread...correct?

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, how well can a Donphan take a special attack? Don has neutral nature, no EVs.

1) Is it possible to get a pokemon to learn Lock-on, or Mind Reader, but also learn Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill, and the other ohko move on the same moveset? I know Articuno can do this, but can any other pokemon do it?
2) How good is this move set?:
Articuno
Focus Sash
252 DF 252 SP 6HP
Sheer Cold
Mind Reader
Ice Beam
Roost
3)I completely maxed out my Blissey's HP stat. When I do battles though, its only 682. shouldn't I get atleast 700? I really wanna have 714 like Marriland's Blissey. I already copied the moveset.

I got a pokemon and I want to change its EV spread.

1. It has an effort ribbon, and it's level 42, can it's EV spread still be changed?
2. It was given a 252 SpA/ Spe 6 Atk EV spread. I want to spread to be 252 SpA/ 102 Spe/ 156 Atk. If I give it one -Speed berry, and give it two more speed EVS, it will be at 102, correct? Then I can give it 150 Atk EVs, and I'll have the correct spread...correct?
1. Yep it can
2. Correct

Articuno
Focus Sash
252 DF 252 SP 6HP
Sheer Cold
Mind Reader
Ice Beam
Roost

For one thing, I'm not sure how valid a focus sash is here. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the opponent could just switch out when you use Mind Reader. Also watch out for OHKO clauses.

3)I completely maxed out my Blissey's HP stat. When I do battles though, its only 682. shouldn't I get atleast 700? I really wanna have 714 like Marriland's Blissey. I already copied the moveset.

IVs? That's the only thing it could be, unless you EV trained incorrectly.
And Now for what I'm really posting about:
It good untill it gets to Mix-Ape and some other Mix-Fire sweepres.
Actually, I found the contrary. Slowking can 1hko Mix-ape with surf. Also, A non-boosted Grass Knot from a standard mixape would be a 3hko with leftovers on standard special wall Slowking. A Nasty Plotted, Life orb standard mixnape would be a 2HKO, so if you switch Slowking in with full health before or as he Nasty Plots, you can KO it.

(I calculated Grass Knot using energy ball; the BP would be 80 on a slowking, if my calculations are correct, and that is the BP on energy ball)

What other threats would I supposedly have to watch out for?

1) Is it possible to get a pokemon to learn Lock-on, or Mind Reader, but also learn Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill, and the other ohko move on the same moveset? I know Articuno can do this, but can any other pokemon do it?
Articuno
Focus Sash
252 DF 252 SP 6HP
Sheer Cold
Mind Reader
Ice Beam
Roost
1) Smeargle can learn those moves. Just Sketch 'em on.

2) If you're going to pump your Articuno full of Def, give it Leftovers instead of a Focus Sash, make those Speed EVs HP, and make those HP Evs SpAtk. One last note: those kinds of combos are not looked upon favorably.

3) It's all about the IVs. Marriland's Blissey has a 31 HP IV. Yours doesn't. Sorry.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Does anyone know where I can find images of the buldings/Trees/etc. in the game?
You prolly won't be finding these pretty commonly. Those would require tile ripping from the ROM itself to nab as it's nearly impossible to do so with just normal emulation due to the 3-D overworld effects.

I was actually considering diving through the tiles out of boredom and seeing what I can find. I will worry about palettes later.

My Bulbasaur has the following Ivs 23 / 11 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 16. I want to know how many HP EVs do I need to give him to allow for optimal leftovers recovery. Will 252 work or will that be too many?

Also the smogon analysis suggest maxing HP and the desired defense. But I've never seen anyone do this before so I also wanted to know how many EVs ,if any, would be required to 2HKO Garchomp with HP ice.

KoA

is an Artist
I'm assuming optimal leftover recovery refers to having the Highest HP divisible by 16, so with that, 236 HP EVs will net you 352 HP. This allows for a 22 HP restoration every turn. I'm assuming him to be an evolved Venusaur as well. ;p

As for the second question, What nature is he?

KoA

is an Artist
Ok, even with maximum EV investment, He won't be able to OHKO Garchomp. :(

EDIT: Blargh nevermind, I was silly and forgot you only wanted to 2HKO. No EVs are required for 2HKO. :)

Well, I'm thinking about buying an AR, but I think I heard somewhere that you can also can use an R4/other flashcard for cloning, is that true, and just as legitmate as an AR?

KoA

is an Artist
Crobat is one of the coolest pokes to use in the Sapphire Battle tower for me. :)

What I'm gonna ask is, what's the fastest way to evolve Golbat with happiness in Sapphire?

KoA

is an Artist
Hatching eggs improves pokemon happiness? ._.

Also, do the Vitamins still invoke feelings of TLC?

EDIT: also, I forgot where the Soothe Bell was found in Sapphire. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)