Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, recently i was looking for the thread regarding all of the threats in the metagame, and how to counter them. I know I've looked at this before but i can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know the link?

... no.. Paralysis cuts your speed by 75%, basically 1/4 which is equivalent to -6 speed, so any Pokemon that's normally faster than another Pokemon, will outspeed that Pokemon when paralyzed and they have -6 speed...
Yeah, you're right, I don't know why I thought paralysis reduced speed by 50%. I think Shoddy's chat has influenced me too much. DX

I'm breeding Drifloons for Hypnosis-so far I just couldn't think of the right moves and EVs.
~Trait-which one is better?
~Nature-Bold? Modest? Calm? Timid?
~Moves: Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis...and?
~EVs and IVs-what's best for it?
Thanks for any help...

How do you get Egg Moves onto the Hitmons? How about Nidoking?

I also just read that Paralysis cuts your Speed by 50% (wish I knew this before). Are there any other secondary effects from status conditions?

Burn cuts your attack in half, other than that that's about it. Besides poisoning slowly decreasing your pokemon's hp outside of battle until 1 HP remains and then poisoning goes away.

I don't have the resources to test it in game. Does the move Magic Coat bounce back taunt? I know in Shoddy it does, but according to Smogon's attackdex it doesn't. But recently someone on Shoddy told me that he tried it in game and Magic Coat does reflect the taunt effect.

hey, recently i was looking for the thread regarding all of the threats in the metagame, and how to counter them. I know I've looked at this before but i can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know the link?
I think you are referring to this thread.

I know Garchomp is banned, but can`t an Icy Wind + Ice move a good way to kill Yache chomp ( id rather if sometihng that can take a hit use it)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do you get Egg Moves onto the Hitmons? How about Nidoking?

I also just read that Paralysis cuts your Speed by 50% (wish I knew this before). Are there any other secondary effects from status conditions?
The Hitmons can only get egg moves from each other, but it's actually quite simple. Just breed with Ditto for Tyrogue with the egg move you want, and evolve Tyrogue into the Hitmon you want.

For Nidoking, breed Nidoran F with whatever you want it to and pray the good egg is a boy.

The Hitmons can only get egg moves from each other, but it's actually quite simple. Just breed with Ditto for Tyrogue with the egg move you want, and evolve Tyrogue into the Hitmon you want.

For Nidoking, breed Nidoran F with whatever you want it to and pray the good egg is a boy.
Ah, I see. Thanks :D.

This is a really random question but where is the restaurant in DP?
The Double Battles on is West of Sunyshore and East of Pastoria. Near the Grand Lake Hotel. Then there is also that MooMoo Milk place above Solaceon.

If a pokemon with Light Clay uses a screen, that screen will last 8 turns. Screens used by pokemon on the other pokemon on that team or the other team (who aren't holding it) will last 5 turns. I think that's what you were asking.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know Garchomp is banned, but can`t an Icy Wind + Ice move a good way to kill Yache chomp ( id rather if sometihng that can take a hit use it)
Garchomp is not banned. It is barred from the Suspect Test ladder, along with Deoxys-S, to see how a metagame without either develops.

And yes, Icy Wind has been suggested as a way to stop Garchomp. Icy Wind Metagross is suggested as a possible set in the Creative Movesets thread.

EDIT: You can find that set here.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Ugh, am I correct in saying that Close Combat is illegal with the elemental punches on Ursaring?

I really don't want to believe the fact that it's probably true. D:

Ugh, am I correct in saying that Close Combat is illegal with the elemental punches on Ursaring?

I really don't want to believe the fact that it's probably true. D:
sorry but it is illegal. Close Combat is an egg move in D/P and elemental punches are from Emerald. so he can't learn both

Fake Out flinches the target and attacks with priority right? ...yeah, but on the second turn does is still attack with priority or is it just a normal 40 bp attack?.

Fake out can only be used on the first turn the pokemon is switched into battle, after that you can't use it again.
I don't remember if it doesn't let you use it or if it fails though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Fake Out flinches the target and attacks with priority right? ...yeah, but on the second turn does is still attack with priority or is it just a normal 40 bp attack?.
It fails if you use it any time other than the first turn the Pokemon is on the field.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I'm just curious, how does Nintendo use different music in PBR? In the Japanese finals last year, they used Mysterial's music in Sunset Colosseum, and in the Semifinals/Finals of the VG Showdown, they used this brand new music I've never heard before in Sunset Colosseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)