Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back someone posted all of the possible combinations of two Pokémon that could learn all of the HM's. Could someone direct me to it?

I'm just asking on a friend's behalf, but the "instant egg" code makes a Pokemon show up as "hacked", right? (Even though she is using it in a legit way, just to get eggs faster)

She just wants to know if she should use it or not. :P

You are not allowed to ask what is legit or what is not. Just use whatever you like and be sure to inform the people you are trading with.
If she is not trading then it is a matter of personal taste and you don't need us to reassure her on what she should do.
Lastly, there is nothing "legit" in using AR codes, all use of AR is considered hacking always, some people may accept AR to certain extent but it doesn't change that fact.

Well, I know that, that's not what I'm getting at.

I thought that the Instant Egg code made it so the IVs were generated in a weird way.

if i was your friend i wouldn't use it because alot of people don't accept pokemon that had that code used on them but if she doesn't trade i would class it ok to use

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
...speaking of Pinsir, ^^^

If Pinsir/Rampardos is used in a double battle, does Mold Breaker nullify all abilities on the field that are listed here (http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/mold_breaker), or just the pokemon that Pinsir/Rampardos is attacking at the time?
Just the Pokemon they're attacking.

I thought that the Instant Egg code made it so the IVs were generated in a weird way.
I don't believe it does that. All the instant egg code is speed up the egg-creation process, so Pokemon produced this way should not show up as hacked.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
No one answered, and the topic already moved to another page, so I'll repost my question.

So I want to catch Latios in my Emerald, and I have a few questions.

1.) Is the nature preset, like its IVs are?
2.) Is there any tip to find Latios?Any sort of strategy?I mean, if it was there, in your Pokedex at least, it would help.

No one answered, and the topic already moved to another page, so I'll repost my question.

So I want to catch Latios in my Emerald, and I have a few questions.

1.) Is the nature preset, like its IVs are?
2.) Is there any tip to find Latios?Any sort of strategy?I mean, if it was there, in your Pokedex at least, it would help.
I'm 99% positive the nature is set when you choose which lati@s you want when viewing the TV with your mom after you beat the game so that would make it some what resettable, but you should double check with some one else on that.

As far as the first encounter there is no real strategy to finding the roamers because you can't see them on your pokedex. Just encounter a lot of wild pokemon on popular routes and you will eventually run into them. I found my latias for the first time trying to catch feebas on the route that the weather institute is on and on a different cart I encountered the lati the first time on the route the daycare center is on while looking for the rare volbeat/illumnise for the dex.

However, once you have encountered them at least once use the "go in and out of a building/house on a route and keep checking the pokedex until it comes to you" strategy.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
If I battle a Latios in the Battle Frontier, won't it get in my Pokedex?

Isn't there ANYONE in the game that talks to you about Latios?Like in DP, they show you a pic of about 2 Legendaries, and you get it Seen in your pokedex.

If I battle a Latios in the Battle Frontier, won't it get in my Pokedex?

Isn't there ANYONE in the game that talks to you about Latios?Like in DP, they show you a pic of about 2 Legendaries, and you get it Seen in your pokedex.
Battle Frontier Pokemon won't make it show up in your dex, and no one in Emerald shows you Lati@s..they made Palkia/Dialga show in D/P because you needed them to get the national dex without trading.

whats the meaning of "CMT"?

And does anyone here want to battle?
CMT = Check-My-Thread.

Like drew said, use the thread on the wifi forum.

I only answered your question since I don't think Drew answered it correctly. At least the CMT part.

How do you sketch a Counter on Smeargle?
Here's what I think...
Say Smeargle knows Sketch and another move, Water gun for example.
You would use Water gun while your opponent uses counter. Then on the next turn, if your opponent uses counter (or any negative priority move), you can then sketch counter since it's the last move your opponent used.

actually you play in a double battle by using the vs.seeker and have smeargle in the party with the pokemon that knows the move and you just sketch that pokemon.

I'm having trouble finding a good, bulky counter to Clefable and some physical attackers, such as Swellow, in UU. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I know it all depends on the team, I'm just wondering what are some common and effective choices that have a possibility of working.

I'm having trouble finding a good, bulky counter to Clefable and some physical attackers, such as Swellow, in UU. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I know it all depends on the team, I'm just wondering what are some common and effective choices that have a possibility of working.
Well, Steelix is one of the most common physical walls in UU, Aggron is also a popular choice. These can both fuck clefable up fairly well so long as it does not have a fighting move.

As far as UU physical sweepers, The Hitmon family is a popular choice, the afformentioned Swellow, and Aerodactyl instantly come to mind. I've also seen a few DD Altarias, so try that out.

Edit: actually Tak, both can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)