Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Shoddy Battle will only find the Official Server. Why is this and how do I fix it? Also what are the host and port (or whatever) for the Smogon Server. I looked for these but couldn't find them, I suck. :(

What's easier to breed for, IVs or Nature?

I have a pair of Staraptor with the following IVs;
31 / x / x / x / 31 / 31
x / 31 / x / x / x / 31

The second one is a female with a Jolly nature, the nature I want. She has an Everstone. However, I just bred a Rash female with the following IVs:

31 / 31 / x / x / 31 / 25

I'm wondering if it's better to breed the tri-flawless together or just wait until I get a female Starly with tri-flawless and a perfect nature. I'm thinking the former, but I'm new at this.

What's easier to breed for, IVs or Nature?

I have a pair of Staraptor with the following IVs;
31 / x / x / x / 31 / 31
x / 31 / x / x / x / 31

The second one is a female with a Jolly nature, the nature I want. She has an Everstone. However, I just bred a Rash female with the following IVs:

31 / 31 / x / x / 31 / 25

I'm wondering if it's better to breed the tri-flawless together or just wait until I get a female Starly with tri-flawless and a perfect nature. I'm thinking the former, but I'm new at this.
With Everstone natures get passed 50% of the time.. but for IVs it's much lower especially if you want passing tri-flawless or more, not to mention that your "tri-flawless" is Rash and has 25Spe IVs (speed is one the IVs that pass relatively easier). so just stick with the Jolly one with 31Atk/Spe.

Note: If you have a good Ditto, like Ben.'s you can give it the Everstone instead if you hatched a really good female parent.

Is Focus Blast a good option for a Nasty Plot Shiftry receiving Sunny Day support? Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Energy Ball/Focus Blast with Life Orb. It's not on any of the analysis. It KOs Steels like HP Fire would, but also hits Heatran/Blissey/Snorlax/Regice pretty hard in standards. I do see the benefit of Extrasensory in UU with the fighters and poison types though.. decisions, decisions.

I prefer Probopass over Bastiodon myself, because it traps Steelix and those guys you mentioned and can KO easy with Earth Power. It also has Magnet Rise and can easily outspeed the other bulky steels while keeping it's solid defenses.

I plan on breeding a Mightyena for someone, but I don't know which of the following Smeargles to use:

x/31/31/x/31/31
or
31/31/23/31/31/31

The first has defense, the second has HP. I'm leaning towards the second, because even if 23 defense passes, it's not the end of the world.

Opinions?

Error: Connection refused: "connect"

Is it down, or did I somehow get myself banned without knowing it?
Nope he put the port as

And it is

One extra zero xD

EDIT: I tried it and it didn't work. But i know the port is 5000. Maybe they are working on the server?

EDIT2: xD it is 50000, and i tried it and it worked.

Read my edit, it is 50000. Make sure shoddybattle.smogon.com is spelled right too. If you have the port and the host right, and it still doesn't work, talk to jumpman, or some other mod from shoddy.

Moveset help

Hi, I trained a lanturn as part of a rain dance team and I'm quite stuck. Thunder is on there for the needed extra power, but I was considering losing it for T-bolt as its started missing late game, when my rain dancers are down and its the only viable move.

Its quite frustrating, so...Thunder or Thunderbolt? Or both?

Hi, I trained a lanturn as part of a rain dance team and I'm quite stuck. Thunder is on there for the needed extra power, but I was considering losing it for T-bolt as its started missing late game, when my rain dancers are down and its the only viable move.

Its quite frustrating, so...Thunder or Thunderbolt? Or both?
If your team consists of 6 pokemon, 3 of them should be raindance enablers. 1-2 with damp rock. Thunder is the obvious choice, even with its minor accuracy, even without rain, thunder has fair accuracy , almost as much as focus blast.

But should you use the same lanturn in a non-rain dance team, thunderbolt would be the choice. But since you ARE on a rain dance team Thunder>Thudnerbolt.

Its quite frustrating, so...Thunder or Thunderbolt? Or both
Whatever you, don't put both!

I don't think I put an extra 0, its says 50000 on the site.
http://www.smogon.com/shoddybattle/

If your team consists of 6 pokemon, 3 of them should be raindance enablers. 1-2 with damp rock. Thunder is the obvious choice, even with its minor accuracy, even without rain, thunder has fair accuracy , almost as much as focus blast.

But should you use the same lanturn in a non-rain dance team, thunderbolt would be the choice. But since you ARE on a rain dance team Thunder>Thudnerbolt.
Ok, my team has two dancers, 1 with a damp rock. I'll add another one...

Thanks!

Ca nsomeone explain the pattern in which the day care guys will delete moves/add moves? I'm trying to give some pokes an egg move and it won't work if they delete it for defense curl or something while it levels up... =\

Ca nsomeone explain the pattern in which the day care guys will delete moves/add moves? I'm trying to give some pokes an egg move and it won't work if they delete it for defense curl or something while it levels up... =\
The Day-Care deletes the move that is listed first and places the new move at the bottom of the list. You can protect your egg moves for a while by moving them as far down the list as possible.

It's useful to know that the Day-Care doesn't actually give your Pokémon its level up moves until you take it back. Whatever moves it has when it goes in are the moves it will use for breeding. You can therefore allow the moves to be overwritten if you plan on replacing that Pokémon with a hatchling from the next batch of eggs.

A while back someone posted all of the possible combinations of two Pokémon that could learn all of the HM's. Could someone direct me to it?
Anyone? And please don't say "Bibarel and Tropius, duh"...

It deletes the top move and pushes the other three up on slot for the new move. But if a father is put into the Daycare with Egg Moves and they are deleted, the child still gets them, but once you take the father out they are gone for good.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone please tell me, does a pokemon with Guts get the attack boost while it is asleep?
I looked at the Smogon Movedex and it says it does, but I've heard a lot elsewhere that it doesn't. Anyone know for sure?
Thanks <

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)