Tournament BLT II: Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
ps name: jrdn
time zone: EST
Availability: Late afternoon to late evenings are best (5:00-11:00 ish)
Best tiers: UU? man idk
Why i should be drafted: Nah

bluri

Banned deucer.
PS Name:bluri
Timezone: GMT+1
Availability: Monday - Friday evening
Best Tiers: ORAS OU / BW OU / DPP OU
Why should I be drafted: -

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
After my shortcomings in BLT 1 I knew that I would not accept defeat any longer. That winter I traveled to Nunavut and trained with the Inuits by killing wolverines and wolves for their pelts (for dexterity so I don’t make any misclicks) as well as studying many tomes about competitive Pokemon as a whole, even making one of my own using some of the knowledge the elder of the community gave to me. I learned that using recovery moves was the wrong way to go and that you should never risk luck. Amongst other things.

After the winter had ended, I traveled back to my home and participated in the World Cup of Pokemon for my country where my team and I suffered a crushing defeat (lol haxed wat else?). Following this defeat I was distraught. Was it really possible for me to become a master of my domain, a legend of my time when I let mortal desires control me? I traveled back to Nunavut and meditated for long periods of time, soon I could feel the rush of the torrential waters and the crash of the ice on the shore. Using this method I learned how to channel the emotions and desires of my Pokemon and I learned how to understand and care for them in a way I never realized before. I then learned how to never be defeated: you must learn to respect your Pokemon, they must be an extension of your life and soul. After this epiphany I tore up every player that dare cross my path, forging my name from Nunavut to Toronto. The legends of my triumphs were on the lips of every anime club in Canada and I soon became legend myself, a legend of the north.

After my shortcomings in BLT 1 I knew that I would not accept defeat any longer. That winter I traveled to Nunavut and trained with the Inuits by killing wolverines and wolves for their pelts (for dexterity so I don’t make any misclicks) as well as studying many tomes about competitive Pokemon as a whole, even making one of my own using some of the knowledge the elder of the community gave to me. I learned that using recovery moves was the wrong way to go and that you should never risk luck. Amongst other things.

After the winter had ended, I traveled back to my home and participated in the World Cup of Pokemon for my country where my team and I suffered a crushing defeat (lol haxed wat else?). Following this defeat I was distraught. Was it really possible for me to become a master of my domain, a legend of my time when I let mortal desires control me? I traveled back to Nunavut and meditated for long periods of time, soon I could feel the rush of the torrential waters and the crash of the ice on the shore. Using this method I learned how to channel the emotions and desires of my Pokemon and I learned how to understand and care for them in a way I never realized before. I then learned how to never be defeated: you must learn to respect your Pokemon, they must be an extension of your life and soul. After this epiphany I tore up every player that dare cross my path, forging my name from Nunavut to Toronto. The legends of my triumphs were on the lips of every anime club in Canada and I soon became legend myself, a legend of the north.
Downvoted.

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.

dude u expected me to read that? lelu gayb ro

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey everyone! Official lineups for the eight teams competing in this season of BLT have been made! Thanks to everyone who showed up and watched the drafts. If you weren't able to make it, you can view the logs here. The teams and their players are as follows:

Canalave Cobalions | Manager: antemortem; Assman: QuoteCS
Celestic Celebis | Manager: Snowy. (Snowydoe); Assman: Jariibo
Dewford Dewgongs | Manager: Jetpack; Assman: BulbaSword
Fletchinder Eterna | Manager: anto; Assman: Shiba
Jubilife Jirachis | Manager: Always!; Assman: Jack Dalton
Lavender Diancies | Manager: Ace.; Assman: Hannahh
Vermillion Volcaronas | Manager: Winry; Assman: Feliburn
Violet Victinis | Manager: Psych; Assman: Dirpz

Congrats again to everyone who qualified and made it onto a team! Managers, it is a good idea to set up a Smogon chat with your team and get everything organized. Please pm me what tiers each player on your team is playing as soon as you figure it out yourself. I am aiming to have the first week of matches start next Sunday, October 11th, so do your best to get your team situated by then. Good luck to everyone, and lets have a great BLT season!

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Welcome to the Official* Tournaments Power Rankings which will be run by me. I will aim to guess what tiers the managers will use for their players and be as objective as possible in ranking the teams.

Coming in the lowest rank at number 8 are the Violet Victinis managed by Pysch and Dirpz

Violet Victinis | Manager: Psych - He could have had a better draft and gotten more proven players, but this looks like an all "friends team", since most players seem to know each other which can definitely help the teams performance.
  • Silverwhiteblue: (DOU) - It takes a bold man to pick a DOU player as their first pick, considering this tier can be played by anyone, but Psych will be happy to know his player is one of the most competent there is in the tier.
  • Wombology: (RU) - An interesting pick, when wombo is on he is tough to beat.
  • Dream Eater Gengar: (LC) - Legend has it that he's still looking for his first BLT win, will this season be the one? Or will lead Mienfoo 6-0 him? Stay tuned to find out.
  • Wyn: (OU) - Two mono friends in this team will make for good chemistry, which will be good if the team doesn't give results. Perhaps if YABO doesn't play Wyn can play UU for the team, god knows OU players are a dime a dozen.
  • Camino / yoyoyoyonig: (NU) - He has a big role to fill playing NU in this tour. There are some competent NU players that can make his time very difficult, will be interesting to see how he fares.
  • Vinest: (Ubers) - Sorry don't know you
  • YABO: (UU) - It's an even bolder strat to draft someone who you don't know is willing to play for you, should it work out they'll have a great UU player, if not Psych will be down a player before the tour starts.
Coming in eight we have a team that has a lot to prove for itself. They do not have that many players renowned for the tier that they will be playing this BLT. They will be relying heavily on DOU and UU as those are easily the tiers that can make or break the team due to the caliber of players in the tiers. Overall this team has the potential to do very well, and could easily be higher up in the rankings.

*This rankings does not reflect the view of the tours room as a whole, and this is all for fun so please take it lightly

Last edited:
Welcome to the Official* Tournaments Power Rankings which will be run by me. I will aim to guess what tiers the managers will use for their players and be as objective as possible in ranking the teams.

Coming in the lowest rank at number 8 are the Violet Victinis managed by Pysch and Dirpz

Violet Victinis | Manager: Psych - He could have had a better draft and gotten more proven players, but this looks like an all "friends team", since most players seem to know each other which can definitely help the teams performance.
  • Silverwhiteblue: (DOU) - It takes a bold man to pick a DOU player as their first pick, considering this tier can be played by anyone with half a brain, but Psych will be happy to know his player is one of the most competent there is in the tier.
  • Dream Eater Gengar: (LC) - Legend has it that he's still looking for his first BLT win, will this season be the one? Or will lead Mienfoo 6-0 him? Stay tuned to find out.
  • Wyn: (OU) - Two mono friends in this team will make for good chemistry, which will be good if the team doesn't give results. Perhaps if YABO doesn't play Wyn can play UU for the team, god knows OU players are a dime a dozen.
  • Camino / yoyoyoyonig: (NU) - He has a big role to fill playing NU in this tour. There are some competent NU players that can make his time very difficult, will be interesting to see how he fares.
  • YABO: (UU) - It's an even bolder strat to draft someone who you don't know is willing to play for you, should it work out they'll have a great UU player, if not Psych will be down a player before the tour starts.
Coming in eight we have a team that has a lot to prove for itself. They do not have that many players renowned for the tier that they will be playing this BLT. They will be relying heavily on DOU and UU as those are easily the tiers that can make or break the team due to the caliber of players in the tiers. Overall this team has the potential to do very well, and could easily be higher up in the rankings.

*This rankings does not reflect the view of the tours room as a whole, and this is all for fun so please take it lightly
I didnt know power rankings put teams in inverse orders . And how can a tier with twice the skill need ur average joe , no common sense. We just Win imo

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
lol lets not offend anyone with the power rankings please

e: just dont take shots at specific users pls ty

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

• Silverwhiteblue: (DOU) - It takes a bold man to pick a DOU player as their first pick, considering this tier can be played by anyone, but Psych will be happy to know his player is one of the most competent there is in the tier.

No shit we're gonna win, Victini is literally the Victory pokemon you simpleton.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
anto ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/////??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)