CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 13 - Sprite Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Cold Claws
I originally voted for myself, but I realized I just can't in good conscience - I don't think my sprite is the best here. My sprite's shading is too messy for 5th gen on the arms and there are too many soft shades on the outlines. It looks like something out of a different series, really. I'm very proud of this sprite and the detail I got in on the head - I also confined myself to 80x80 size, since I don't think just because we're allotted 100x100 we should use it, as a smaller size just looks more pokemon-style to me.

Wyverii's sprite is beautiful and simply shaded, but the outlines use too many dark blacks for my preference and the shading on the back arm really bugs me. Also, it's really big.

ICC's... I think it's tremendous. So much detail, the right size, beautiful shading, and a depth on the arms that my sprite is noticeably lacking. He also coped with colorblindness and incorporated tons of feedback to make his sprite, and I have a soft spot for it.

Honestly though, I think they're both fantastic sprites, and I'm happy to have participated in this CAP. Hopefully next time I can make a sprite I feel deserves to win.

Wyverii

I had no internet for a what appears to be a really long time. I didn't have any control over it cause I'm not as old as you probably think (I'm a freshman, and no it's not college).

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wyverii

Really nice work, Wyv. I like the others too, but your sprite gets better and better the more I look at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)